1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahib will be the next class after archer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by venus212, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Analiyah

Archers do not belong to ganelle at all, they are luthragons, a 3rd race, a 3rd child of sylvia ( vedir = moon, ganelle = sun, luthragons = earth)
    It has been said again and again in the lore that ganelle and vedirs are SISTERS, hence female only

2. Whitrix

Ambassador

It's not a "bug in lore" if they properly explain why the Luthraghon were never mentioned before. The entire questline is about how the Queen of Kamasylvia personally tells you about it because you just saved their country from the darkness, revived their sacred tree and you're the only outsider they can trust (and if you're a DK or Ranger, not even outsider). The text says no one, not even outsiders inside Kamasylvia, know about the Luthraghon. The elves like to be pretty secretive about their affairs.

Old lore:
    There's only 2 elven subraces. Both females.
    Interview with the director of the game:
    Btw there's male elves but they're on an important mission away.
    Archer release:
    The male elves are a third subrace the Ganelle and Vedir do not speak of to anyone (like they don't speak about almost anything with anyone).

von_sch, Bizmarc89, Tokigare and 3 others like this.
  3. venus212

If they rly hold the secret, there won't be archer in the you so called old lore either the fact is it's being announced along with other three factions at the same time, and in the beginning of elves lore, there's only Ganelle and Vedir that's being exist. Ranger and archer both belongs to Ganelle. Again, there's no lore said both are female.

#23 venus212, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. Whitrix

Ambassador

I'm telling you what the game, written by its creators, literally says about it.
    I also gave you every detail on the evolution of elven lore.
    Why do you refuse to believe what the game itself says?

It's as simple as:
    The devs only had female elves and wrote the initial lore with them, but left the door open for male ones.
    Years later they made some vague mention about them while they wrote an explanation that made sense without retconning anything.
    With Archer's release they put that explanation in the game.

Bizmarc89, Felyni and Analiyah like this.
  5. venus212

They added it as expansion, NOT re-writing the entire lore of beginning of elves. You should read what the in game lore said before coming to me .

6. Whitrix

Ambassador

That's not how an expanding MMORPG world works. When something new is added on top of existing lore, it either adds to it without problems (like in this case, they gave an explanation that made sense) or with problems (retcons). The devs do not rewrite the entire game and the backstory for each class or territory so it incorporates new lore.

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  7. venus212

Good, now you explain it to yourself why archer from the start is belong to Ganelle faction with rangers while ahib and DK belongs to Vedir who left Kamaslive, at least known in ingame world public right now.

8. Whitrix

Ambassador

What? I don't even understand what you want me to explain. The whole point of this discussion is so you understand that the Luthraghon are neither Ganelle nor in a faction with the Ganelle.
    Before the Disaster of Darkness (year 235 Elion Calendar) happened, the Luthraghon lived in Anduir like always, protecting the roots.
    After the whole black spirit invasion, Viorencia burning the Kamasylve and the Ahib sealing the Luthraghon underground, 4 different factions arose.
    From the Ganelle the Acher and the Lemoria.
    From the Vedir the Dark Knight and the Ahib.
    The Luthraghon are not part of any of these factions. They were allied with both Ganelle and Vedir before their conflict began. And after that, their alliance remained with their entire purpose in life: to defend the Kamasylve. And the ones who are protecting it are the Acher, Lemoria and Dark Knights. The Ahib are the only ones that want to burn it and absorb its powers.

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  9. Analiyah

Ganelle is NOT a faction and archers do not belong to it, and the only vedirs that left kamasylvia were the DK, the ahibs got genocided by achers/lemoria guard and had to flee to barren lands

PS : Archers and Achers are two different things, acher is a faction composed by mostly ganelles and a few vedirs (they are kinda racist and are the cause of ahib hatred tbh); archer is the new class and has NEVER EVER BEEN mentioned in lore before the archer patch. Acher guard was the only thing in the lore

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  10. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

Wouldn't be the first time that PA has changed the lore to work better. While they never quite go back and "change" how it works, they do sometimes drop some details out of it, look at the starting tutorial for the black spirit quest, you no longer learn about goma maru or whatever being blown up, now it's all about illezera.

Previous elf lore said sylvia created two elf races based off the sun and the moon. Now they added a 3rd in there about the earth, after the fact, stating that "no one really knows about it" (which is garbage because baby elves? what do they just grow like weeds out of the ground?).

But they never went back and "fixed" the DK lore, or ranger lore.

Also, Sisterhood doesn't always mean exclusively women, what about servants? Look at the Drow in dnd lore.

Also, since we don't know hardly anything about the male elves and what they've been up to or fighting at their wall, it stands to reason they could be experiencing the same kind of civil strife as their female counter parts in kamasylvia....some Luthraghon may have thought embracing the dark magic they are fighting against would help out (AKA Dark knights).

that would be an easy way to put a dark magic user male elf into the lore.

Whitrix likes this.
  11. jangalangz

Nerd fight! :D

Loriel and Bizmarc89 like this.
  12. Saerenne

Saerenne Amaute Valkyrie 62 NA

Ganelle are a subrace, not a faction. Archers (as a class) belong to the Luthraghon subrace. It's currently unknown if they have a faction of their own or if their politics put them into one of the existing factions, but one way or another they are at least allied with those who seek to protect the Tree.

The lack of mention of a third subrace in earlier quests and lore has already been adequately explained by other elf lore that existed before the Archer/Luthraghon was even announced: Elves are secretive and isolationist. They do not trust outsiders with sensitive information, and the fact that an entire subrace is tasked with protecting the roots of their sacred tree is a pretty sensitive piece of information. There's no reason they'd just casually mention it to an outsider. So the player-character finding out directly through the Queen, and no-one else knowing about them prior to that point, makes plenty of sense.

Also, uh... you do realize that Whitrix is the one responsible for putting together the vast majority of the lore pages on the wiki, right? Pretty ridiculous for you to be telling him to go read the wiki when he's the one who put stuff up there.

Edit: Also, echoing what Analiyah said above: Acher (faction) and ARcher (class) are two entirely different things.

Phoenixxx75, Tokigare and MeldamirieI like this.
  13. Whitrix

Ambassador

Yup, and I mentioned it in two of my first messages before this discussion degenerated into whatever it is right now.
    I hope Goma Naru returns in the future. I don't think they have outright deleted it. I would say they decided to put it on hold.

Starseeker likes this.
  14. Analiyah

Well, luthragons are saying they are really disapointed with how their sisters fight, so I doubt they are themselves in a conflict or they would be hypocrits

Bizmarc89 and Tvvin like this.
  15. venus212

Ingame lore clearly mentioned archer as absolute law of lemoria as Ganelle group with rangers. Ahib and DK relates each other more than any other elves.You go read BDO wiki again before we can start the discussion. Btw, you don't need to relog your alt account and supports yourself ;)

16. Whitrix

Ambassador

I think I know what's your misunderstanding, @venus212 .
    Acher =/= Archer.
    Acher Guard is a faction of Ganelle elves that rule Grána.
    Archer is a gameplay class made up of Luthraghon, the third elven subrace.

Bizmarc89, Tvvin and Analiyah like this.
  17. Analiyah

alt account ? tf are you smoking ?

18. venus212

I don't missunderstand anything, but if you find some translation issue in lore and make it as your standpoint of your 2 archer theory then I have nothing to say.

19. venus212

Prov yourself;) actually you have 3.

20. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

Luthragons as a whole or the Archer hero? The story we have is mostly from the point of view of the player hero character Archer and his feelings towards things.

We really don't know the whole structure of the Luthragon's society or mentality. They could be disappointed and feel that they could do it better? Who knows. I think the point is there is room in the lore if they wanted to put a male elf caster or dark swordsman in.

Also, I think in the lore it says "ranger" not "archer" for the female ganelle faction, according to the ranger awakening quest even though the post in the world is called archer guard.