1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akum armor - is it worth it?

Discussion in 'PvE' started by Amirite, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Amirite

I heard a few things about Akum armor, that's it's really not worth using and people would be better off using grunil armor or ofc. Boss gear, but I was just thinking of using on an alt.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

It is good budget gear which can be enhanced for a fraction of a cost of boss gear. Even more so if u have few artisans around. Some classes are more suited for it due to their mechanics. (No stamina bonus, lower accuracy on gloves).

Amirite likes this.
  3. Taeshien

It's not something you use on your first/main character, the traditional Grunil or Heve is much cheaper before graduating to full boss. However Akum is great for alts, I've outfitted a number of alts and they do just fine in it.

I wouldn't bother taking it past TRI though unless you are drowning in spare failstacks, the investment of valuable high end failstacks isn't worth it and TRI Akum Ultimate will let you do 99% of the game's content on your alt.

Amirite likes this.
  4. Amirite

Hey!
    Thanks for the replies. I think I stick to my grunil, as I can produce it myself and make okay armor until I get the last pieces of boss gear.
    :)