1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Al Rhundi the Mortal quest/knowledge bug

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Ponge85, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Ponge85

In the 2nd line of the Serendia quests (started by [Crossroad] Silence, We're Done Here! quest), there is a quest called Al Rhundi, the Mortal, which should give the knowledge Al Rhundi, the Mortal (https://bdocodex.com/us/theme/5917/). However, I cannot get the knowledge from dialog, and the quest itself gives the knowledge of the boss (https://bdocodex.com/us/theme/4109/). According to the Codex/Database, HerVano Tito should give the knowledge when the quest is active, but he does not. Currently there is no way to get this knowledge.

#1 Ponge85, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Same here. Did the Questline, no knowledge :(

3. Ponge85

It works after todays maintenance, just received the knowledge.

4. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Yup, got the knowledge by talking to Hervano Tito even after finishing the whole questline. Thread can be closed as "Fixed". :)

5. Tactiic

does not work for me even after this patch.

6. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

@Tactiic Did you finish the questline of the main quest with Serendia as a focus (choice: [Crossroad] Silence, We're Done Here! )? Otherwise you are skipping Al Rhundi completely and might not be able to get the knowledge with that char.

7. Tactiic

Yeah I'm lvl 59, I've done every mainline quest. I have 17 character slots, I've done the quest on all but 3 of them. I'll probably try to get the knowledge with an alt that hasn't done it yet and see if that works, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Redoing the quest on an alt gained the knowledge.

#7 Tactiic, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

That's because you did them before the revamp. The Dec 12th patch revamped the black spirit questlines.

The old questlines do not give your char the needed flags to acquire the knowledge. And even if you play a new char, you have to chose carefully which path you take depending on what knowledge you are still missing or you might completely miss that whole section of the game (hint for everyone: If you played through the main quest line with other chars before the revamp, the "Silence, we're done here" crossroads questline should unlock ALL missing main-quest related knowledges in your adventure journal)

That's because that was effectively the only character qualified to receive the knowledge.

#8 Eryola, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  9. Silverglimmer

Same here, miss that knowledge and "The only Thing that matters" and "Liberator of Serendia" although I did the main quest line through Heidel with all my chars (11 times !!!). What the hell is that ******** to introduce new quest lines, set "old" as "new" knowledge into the world, which you can't get with your chars ???

Damned, fix that PA!

Tagging this thread with "fixed" actually DOES NOT fix it...and no, I won't make a 12th alter just to gather "old" knowledge again.

PS: There is a ton of Calpheon quest knowledge too I miss now..

-Blooming Death
    -A Reversal of Fate
    -Boss: Dim Tree Spirit
    -Forbidden Knowledge (x4)

Although the former knowledge still counts as "achieved" because there is no difference in energy, the knowledge menu looks irritating with all that uncolored stuff.

#9 Silverglimmer, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  10. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

not like it as well that I had every thing in blue now white again and can not do the quest should have made it that you went to a npc and get the knowledge to close it out.

11. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

@Silverglimmer "The only thing that matters" / "Liberator of Serendia" is knowledge from the old main story line, no idea how you managed to miss it. The other 7 knowledges you are missing can be achieved by completing the (full) new main questline with "crossroad-silence we're done here" choice... which I really recommend, since they are quite nice to do and give insights into unrevealed storylines. Don't miss your chance to see Illezra ingame...

12. Silverglimmer

I didn't miss it. I did them 11 (!) times with 11 characters. With the new story quest changes they appear as "unsolved" in my knowledge menu while the energy from having them solved once still counts. The only difference is some sort of cosmetical as the knowledge menu now appears wrong and irritating (uncolored) for me, but this point already encourages me to dislike those changes or better...how they effect my overview in the knowledge menu.

13. Dan Hot

Dan Hot Warrior 62 EU

Its not fixed!
    I can gain the knowledge 1 time from Techthon in Heidel, but if u become C and reset it u cant get it back!

14. MinhVu

I am stuck on this quest here also.

15. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

@Dan Hot You can get the knowledge of Al Rhundi an unlimited amount of times, if you create a new char, play to the point where you have to kill Al Rhundi, delete the knowledge and ask the black spirit about Al Rhundi again (he has a chat option where he will just hand you the knowledge, while you have the summon scroll in your inventory), but this is NOT the knowledge we're talking about in this thread. Since you specifically said "if you become C and reset", you are talking about the Boss -> "Al Rhundi" knowledge (which I just explained how to reset), but this thread is about the knowledge Serendia Adventure Journal III -> "Al Rhundi, the Mortal" which is an entry you can't reset and don't get a rating on (-> you only need to get it once, since you can't lose it in any way)

It remains as it is: problem is fixed.

16. Dan Hot

Dan Hot Warrior 62 EU

That is not correct! If test it.

17. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

@Dan Hot I did test it, otherwise I wouldn't write it. It's exactly the way I got this knowledge about 3 months ago (and resetted it like 15 times to get it to S) and afaik nothing changed during that time. The knowledge you get from Hervano Tito is NOT the knowledge you have been resetting. Alternatively, if you don't, for whatever reason, manage to get the boss knowledge during the quest line, you can just buy it from Annolisa Rosie (Calpheon librarian) for a few million silver and some amity.

18. Dan Hot

Dan Hot Warrior 62 EU

19. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

@Dan Hot You still have the old crossroad quest on this char. The one you have is pre-revamp from before Dec 12th 2018 (as mentioned in an older post of mine above) and you will neither get the boss knowledge, nor the other main quest knowledges with that character. This ONLY works on chars created after the main quest revamp. As described above, you have to create a new character and do the main questline (recommended choice:"[Crossroad] Silence, We're Done Here!" when you're in Heidel) to be able to accept the quest that actually hands out the knowledge. (I did the links in german, since the video you showed was using the german client too).

20. Kittara_Mirrou

I just found this thread, after getting frustrated over my bug reports getting closed repeatedly and having no results on helping with this same problem. First of all, I'm surprised I'm not the only one with that problem. Kinda thankful, but also kinda sad about that.

Is there no way to get the knowledge on a pre-black spirit quest rework character? It absolutely has to be a new one? It kinda sucks if that's the case, as I like to complete all the quests I can on my main. It'd be nice if the GMs could make a work-around or a 'quest reset' sort of deal for those who were pre-rework.