1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alchemy Doesn't Suck

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by RandomHajile, Feb 18, 2021.

1. RandomHajile

People realize this, right? I remember either on reddit or this forum someone said LOOOL Alchemy is the only thing you can go negative in. It's like yeah if you're a freaking dumbass. A lot of BDO is kinda capped with 'bumpers' to keep you from failing hard. It's like love life skip around pick flowers and then fail at enhancements. But most of the ways of making money are pretty mindless and lucrative. However, no one is saying don't turn in your cook boxes, but that's just a chore. It's not a life style like alchemy is.

2. Blitzball

Share profitable recipes , then ?

I haven't found any who is not a loss.

3. RandomHajile

I refuse! But a lot of it depends, like cooking or processing, on your ability to approach an average of almost 3 units per. Keep in mind what I said, you just wanna be making "some" money, and it's as a part of gathering. It's an infinite loop. What you can get you should get, the things you can consistently acquire you should acquire. If you can acquire a blood type + resources without bottle necks, you should be able to make profits. You're not gonna be making +15% profit on the recipe. The idea is that you can gather stuff endlessly and sell endlessly. Including the price of pots. You can pot/regen while you are doing alchemy. But at 2.5 your margins are gonna be slim unless you get something really cheap. The whole alchemy thing is like a stock market, so you can occasionally catch things that bottom out then hold them, like ingredients that go into oils. But mainly you want a bread and butter alchemy thing that will never be bottle necked and never be a true loss. Smartthinking.gif.

I just started tho. I'm not that high yet. I'm only m20 and my mastery is not 900 yet. I still make money tho.

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Competent players know that alchemy has a profit return rate of about 30% at guru levels.

5. Quinra

Quinra Witch 62

It's called opportunity cost. You can make considerably more money (with less effort, mind you!) just doing cooking than you would make with alchemy doing relatively the same thing. It has no place in game as of now outside of ranking flex.

6. MADE

Well there are few recipes that makes profit, however the market demand for those items are so low, that if ppl would start mass producing it, they would be not profitable anymore.

Generally alchemy recipes aren't profitable, and their materials are harder to get than cooking ones are, and the demand is lower aswell. Not worth the hassle overall.

DarkGG likes this.
  7. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

As a master 2 alchemy master 17 processing and master 1 cooking. I must say that my profit even if I gather everything and have workers getting what they can. The profit is trash, your better off just selling the base gathered mats. Imperial isn't bad but still needs a buff from mastery as even 800 mastery is like 15%. Alchemy is a negative silver life skill until guru gathering processing and alchemy.

8. Quinra

Quinra Witch 62

Imperial alchemy is objectively worse than cooking, because back when boxes weren't standardized they made alchemy mastery give less % bonus than cooking, but after they made one box per skill level, both alchemy and cooking sells for the same while keeping the lower % bonus.

9. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Look up the mastery bonus for cooking then for alchemy there's a massive difference in extra profit from imperial.

10. Catastigma

i do alchemy buts is more a personnal profit. its cheaper to make your ur draught that buy them.