1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my money is gone from my bank

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CpTTryHard, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Josh28

Actually, some of these exploits get found out the more people know it and sometimes, the ones doing it the longest don't get banned. Seen it in other games and here in BDO. My fish-botting friend is still around cuz he did it long before it was popular enough to get Kakao's attention. Safety in secret is higher than safety is proliferation.

Furthermore, the companies change their approach to hackers and exploiters (Like the OP) when they start to lose population. I remember in Aion people started getting banned for every little shirt ever: Spawn-killing? Ban. Range shot through walls? Ban. A player said you were botting? Ban and you had to offer proof otherwise. Said to be selling your account as a joke(This happened to me) Ban. A friend logged into your acc? Ban. Different Ip? Ban. ...Until the game started dying, and then, the banning ended.

2. ambyentlight

Exploiters also need ill gained silver taken away from them and I hope that will follow this or this is just scummish how they do this and yet allow big time cheaters to keep going.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Thank you :)
    Edit: By the way that's 2 words, but it works. You find it okay that they do that.

#103 Kynreaa, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  4. Lakiya

SOrry all that was a little much to read. I was in guild with someone as well, and talked to a few other who had their money taken for that so ...

Pretty sure I am not wrong when I say they did. Whether or not they got them all was not the original point and not what I answered or what you were going on about. You made a blanket statement saying they didnt do it at all. They did.

5. DarkRogue

Comparing this to a small business in the public customer market goes out the window when dealing with game companies because of one little caveat - the licensing agreement. For that reason, they are empowered and can handle customer complaints differently. Think of it like a monopolized product - like a utility company for instance. Take your electric company... if you have issue with a particular bill, how much luck do you have in getting it resolved before they shut off your electric anyway? Not to mention, you didn't lose any actual funds in the process (just in-game money) so the impact to you financially is non-existent. However, if it is affecting your enjoyment of the game and that is not important to them, they may be telling something about how much they value your enjoyment of their product and nudging you to correct that yourself.

Which begs the question... you still play the game after this?

6. ambyentlight

Again lets talk about Kakaos inability to follow their TOS and not ban hackers/exploiters/botters and yet remove silver that would be nothing to either of them three. Such a funny company really they remove silver that was a mistake about costume melting showing there is indeed logs but fail to either remove silver or ban people who gained alot more than would have been possible legit ways.

7. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

How do you know that ? Any proof ?

Smileybones likes this.
  8. LFF

LFF

[​IMG]

Valestris likes this.
  9. Spartakatz

Reading through all this, OP seems to alter his story a couple of times, especially number of outfits and the amount of silver, and trying to use real pearl costume's market price, which doesn't make any sense. I wonder what else is off in his story. Not very convincing.

10. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

Well , it was theire fault , they should give back 15 days outfits back to players and take theire valk crys n corns .
    Tbh i think kakao must punish its own staff instead of players , how could that let an obvious mistake happen , thats realy unprofessional
    Also ...... Normal outfits are 80 mil in market ... Why would they take 260 m from people ...

#110 GreyRebel, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. ambyentlight

Ever seen preorders and enhancement shots before p2w update like from saltyAF?

12. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

Because they didn't take away the costume price, they took away the FULL cron price. OP got 260-something crons, so they got 260-something mill taken away.

13. Noble One

botters and hackers normal get banned so they lose their silver. exploiters though were able to keep any gains after said exploit was finished. the proof is in the many threads after numerous of exploits were fixed and people stated they still had their silver with also KA/PA stating they didnt remove silver from anyone but fixed said exploits.

this is the first exploit (that i know of) that has actually taken silver from people. the things that makes this odd are the costumes used are FREE and they are 15 day rentals that are useless after the time is up. so wouldnt turning them into stones be bets for people? another thing was it wasnt stated till AFTER the fix that using them was a "no no" nor could you do it after said fix. so it seems a bit harsh to take away silver from users for something that was was originally PA/KA screw up. this is why people in the past were able to keep the silver from what they made on exploits before since it fell on KA/PA side, its the same here.

14. Alexandrious

:|

And here I was thinking all your money was gone from all the Kashshop purchases ya made for outfit melting and indirect p2w purchases which is the problem of many a player of korean mmorpgs. :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

15. Doom Smack

Was a mistake solely on their part to allow temp costume be melted, which I imagine would be all-to-easy to be done unintentionally (especially new players who are more likely to have the temp costumes).

If I had seen it not greyed out and meltable in inventory I probably would have.Then I would have gone further and considered spending some of my saved up loyalty on more (limit 2 per character). Still limited, and loyalty takes awhile to build up (I kinda like keeping a stash of it). I would have accepted this is what they are allowing (maybe as a way of offset the whole pay to win thing), and would not have struck me as 'exploit'.

How to fix it? I guess what they did but do it better...

1. Contact ingame people who did, apologize for their mistake, and even give them (or better yet everyone, then those who didn't wont feel like those who did got advantage for melting temp costume) something like a 7 day value pack, 7 kama blessing.

2. a) Let it slide, or b) Refund costumes (which they did I think) or loyalties, and if get money back from people make it 50% of market value of costumes or something reduced anyway c) give everyone else who didn't sell a temp costume 250 cron stones lol d) a better idea.

I don't know. I think it sucks for the op though. If he being genuine enough.

I recall first months I played that 200-300m was life savings and a lot, and not fast to get it back. And it would have sucked if I was "forced" to spend it all and more on cron stones due to something not my fault whatsoever.

I guess in fairness I never saw myself how easy it could be to innocently melt the temp costumes without knowing anything unusual about it.