1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow Butcher Knifes to be usable with Hunting Musket Equipped

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lighthalzen, May 19, 2017.

1. Lighthalzen

It's great and all more hunting monsters got added along with the shooting and animations upgraded.

However its still cumbersome to even hunt at all given that you need to un-equip the hunting musket every time you want to gather with a butcher knife from a dead body.

Please consider making it so the butcher knife is usable with a hunting musket equipped. Doesn't make sense why you are not allowed to.

FluffyRanger, Elind, Traxxle and 12 others like this.
  2. Blitzball

+1
    I agree with that

3. Cummere

Same goes for tanning knife as well. It should also be equipable with the musket.

4. Ogi

Ogi

Good suggestion.

5. Crystal Star

Yes to both...it does make sense.

6. Horse Breeder Ralphy

Or... you could simply use current in-game mechanics and hotbar the items so it's just a button-push/mouse-click away from being equipped. Easy Peasy swapping on the fly. Funny how many players overlook that simple mechanic.

#6 Horse Breeder Ralphy, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  7. Crystal Star

However, if you kill something with the musket you can't skin or butcher it. I believe that is the point to this thread.

Toolzero likes this.
  8. Candles

9. Horse Breeder Ralphy

Huh? Of course you can. Of course you can skin and butcher. That's the whole point of the hunting skill. The point of the thread was how "cumbersome" it is to switch tools, not that you "can't" skin or butcher. And it's not cumbersome at all if you hotbar the tools to switch between musket/gathering-tools.

10. Lighthalzen

By that same reasoning you could argue why not make it so that you have to unequip your Main/Awakening weapons when you have to loot/gain exp from any monster or use any life skill tool for that matter. I'm aware of hotkey-ing to switch muskets and main hand weapons. Was doing it when there were only whales in the ocean and the few crocodiles that spawn every 30 minutes around Kaia Lake. The point of these new mobs are to make hunting a more common activity, but you are REQUIRED to butcher the monster if you want to gain any hunting experience, which defeats the purpose of these new mobs are suppose to serve in increasing the adoption of hunting. The new hunting monsters give a pittance of exp compared to what a crocodile gives. It was not unreasonable before if I only have to do it 1-3 times in a 15 minute period as with crocodiles, but now to have to do it every 10 seconds?

It is cumbersome, and I'm sure plenty of people will agree to that even if you hotkey main hand switching.

Toolzero and Vix like this.
  11. Crystal Star

Interesting. because when I have tried I've not been able to.

12. Lighthalzen

What he's referring to is you still "can butcher" a body by hotkey-ing your main hand weapon in one button and the rifle on another. So that the moment you run up to the body, press the hot-key to un-equip your musket and equip your main-hand weapon, butcher the body, get up & switch back to the musket.

It's a play on semantics because we're on the topic of "its annoying that you can't butcher WITH a musket equipped" , he's just being picky about the usage of "can't" in your "you can't skin or butcher it" by generalizing the statement and leaving out the context in this thread by saying technically "you can still butcher (you just have to unequip your musket)".

"if you kill something with the musket you can't skin or butcher it (at all)"

vs

"if you kill something with the musket you can't skin or butcher it (with a musket still equipped)"

#12 Lighthalzen, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Acerbusace and Cummere like this.
  13. War

War Tamer 27 NA

god please.... LOL
    give us something that will allow us to streamline hunting a bit more.
    Idk how many of the devs hunt, but some of us do.
    Generally i place my weapon on the ground/strap when i'm collecting game.
    Matter of fact. Thanks to QD technology, I can pick up my cat while walking around the house half naked with my firearm.
    Why do this?
    cuz i can.

Lighthalzen likes this.
  14. RYnehawk

Give me more hot bars and I'm OK.

Lighthalzen likes this.
  15. Morshu32

+1 Pleeeeaase add this beautiful feature

16. Road

Can't agree more. Having to switch all the time is awful!

17. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit DeMinuit Kunoichi 61 NA

+1

I did include this in my hunting suggestion yesterday, but really worth mentioning it again, for quality of life purpose. Even if using hot bar it is still annoying and finicky as hell. Even worst if you want to hunt on horse back (best not to do it).
    1. hop on horse
    2. forgot musket
    3. hop off
    4. put musket on
    5. hop on
    6. kill target
    7. hop off
    8. gather.. ops forgot
    9. switch to weapon
    10. gather
    11. hop on horse
    12. opps forgot musket
    13. hop off
    14. put musket on
    15. etc...

Toolzero and Lighthalzen like this.
  18. Toolzero

I only hunt big game because it is way too cumbersome to gather the XP from small game.

+100. Allow us to gather with a musket equipped. I see no reason not to allow this.

19. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

OMG YES PLEASE

20. Nuonii

Nuonii Daralyn Guardian EU

This really needs to happen.
    Even though using the hotbar helps a bit, being able to just use the knife while having the musket equipped will be a huge QoL improvement.