1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altar of Blood - I'm not bashing it - But it is far from good/fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Violor, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

You have an item to stun them all

2. ghoulz666

Great logical gameplay design. We put CC's on some of our skills, but need to use an item instead because reasons.....

Kynreaa, yukishiro1, Life2v and 5 others like this.
  3. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

Congratulations, you just described bdos entire pve experience. A pretty empty shell.

They would reach far if they could capture the engaging pve combat of Tera, using that game as example as it has similarities in combat. Mobs and bosses are are mindless vessels moving directly towards red, tank and spank.

I will give them credit for underwater ruins though, the 280 spot and how you have to manage pulls by killing cc towers is a step in right direction AND u make tons of money

Maginha and Smileybones like this.
  4. TwilightAngel

Erm... Wut?

ZyZy likes this.
  5. yukishiro1

Yeah exactly this.

That and the sheer laziness of making everything revolve around protecting an objective that has HP yet again. Don't they have any other ideas? Don't they realize how badly this sort of setup works with their combat system? When you have a dynamic skill-based combat engine with tons of character mobility why tie everything down to a static unmoving objective?

The whole thing just feels lazy and badly designed. Unless of course the whole point is to just get people to reach into their wallets to increase their AP to beat the AP check.

It actually manages to make savage rift look like good, well-designed content by comparison, which takes some effort.

BDO is bizarre because it has a really promising combat foundation that could be utilized so well to create real skill-based content...but instead it totally ignores its own foundation and the PVE is pretty much totally gear-based whack-a-mole.

#25 yukishiro1, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Stabby

The problem with ALL new BDO content is that KR is far better geared than we are. The majority, maybe 3/4, of the community cannot do any new content. Would you believe that some players are just now able to start doing Kamasylvia? True story. This is horrible game developing.
    There is the PVP community (soaking in huge splits every week) and there is everyone else. What don't they understand about that? Stop developing content around top tier gear. Get everyone else caught up!

Don't bring up SMH... that's the most boring _____ ever. Only a small percentage of player found Margoria fun. Another example of wasted development time.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Artorias_Dusk

My group made it to Stage5. Me as warrior 264/300 and the other 2 were Witches with the same AP range(around 261). Warrior has **** dmg for so big groups. Stage 5, as soon as the Laytenn comes, there come 2 waves with archers from each side, and that was just to hard. These mobs also killed me in 5sec. Rewards are crap, not worth the time.

Stillwaters and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. easay9

The difficulty is not right for our region we do not have the kind of gear KR has

the mobs amount being capped still just like grinding mobs in the world is dumb and causes situations where you feel like your whacking on a mob forever and they take no damage.

The mobs take no damage and then teleport to the tower.

The rewards are awful and are not worth 100 energy to start and 20 energy per round + any buffs you buy

I was excited for this content and once again it feels like something that is going to be left in the dust like savage rift because its poorly done.

If they are going to design this new PVE content around PEN gear the PVE dungeons in this game have no future if this is their idea of what PVE dungeons. should be.

Violor and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

ROFL, I freaken told all of ya.

You correct, KR has as much higher GS base, only due to the amount of people who had affordable PTW avenues denied to us.

Your people wanted dungeons...Soon, I bet they introduce the Pearl item key, guaranties a chest drop per round for only $X.99 per run. For a nice..."Surprise mechanic box" to enhance the players enjoyability.

#29 Kynreaa, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019