1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altar of blood: you need to wait

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jey, Jul 10, 2019.

1. beryl

same problem :(

2. FckinEnchant

"Exciting new group PvE content"

[​IMG]

3. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

You can't even play the game when you are in queue, you can't interact with anyone and you are considered as offline. The other member see you as Offline.

This is not a smart way to make a PVE content.

i iwh i could double like your post. this is a funny gif.

4. Suawoy

5. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

i don't know it nerver happened to me on the global lab, but i guess no.
    I think you will still enter but you will be less people.

6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

You mean....they released a content....that requires energy....for which long term veteran players whom have played the game more fully, will naturally have more of ?.....or that they released a pve content that requires you to group up, leaning more towards making social friends inside the game so that you have a party rather than having to wait to be matched up?

...how dare they release content that can't simply be farmed and abused by just anyone entering the game willy nilly on a new account for which to hack with.... thank god we have vigilant folks to warn of the treacherous inability to abuse a system in a fashion unhealthy for the longevity of the game and it's content.

/satire.end

Now, being day one release, into a region with much higher player counts, they naturally will be watching the queueing service and will probably make adjustments where they see feasible based on data collected. I could not imagine them not doing so, as it is a natural part of content releases. So dampen the torches.

A little constructiveness and logical thinking goes a long way.

Ѧ| Chaotic, Muhaha and Akeno like this.
  7. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Be an ambassador more and a corporate sycophant less.

The sarcastic part adds nothing but contempt to your post.

8. Suawoy

Agree on some content shouldn't be available "day 0". "/satire.end" was set too early imho though.

After all these years one can see little to none lessons learned. Release book 101. Estimate capacity on previous experience. Didn't we have any?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

I understand your point, even if it is a bit ambiguous.
    Newly created account can't enter because they need to do a quest which has requirements.

Still my point is: PA-Kakao want us to play black desert online and new contents.
    OK, I want to play Altar of blood but i have queue; Fine, I am ok with it.
    But the fact that you can't interact with anyone and marked as offline is contradictory with the fact, that they want you to play the game.

What do you do while you are waiting? you player other games, you read some news, you got out..etc.. whatever.

It is not a good way to make a pve content, and yes it makes people angry.
    5 hours laters and we are still in queue.

I do not think, that it is normal. It should not be like that and I don't see any fun there.

Phoenixxx75, Yumine and FckinEnchant like this.
  10. venus212

next move is to add new cash item vvip for 30days and then you can join without waiting .

iller likes this.
  11. iller

You would THINK that a 3-man instance would have an unlimited Scaling Cloud hosting setup instead of a very finite shard/Channel infrastructure like FinalFantasy14 had for that one Quest that literally locked the story progress of millions of people for a whole week.

It's almost like a lot of top level Game Designers.... don't actually PLAY mmorpgs themselves and were only hired b/c they "Knew someone"

Felyni likes this.
  12. Jena

Not surprised. That is why I said it should be available for a longer period of time. Spread it out over a few months. LOL
    Reminds me of the Archeage first launch.

13. Polen

[​IMG]Where is my event rewards if this goes like that for upcoming week or two. Another content introduced without proper preparation. Kinda upsets me.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I can't tell if it was coincidence or not but we had the same issue. Party of 3 and whenever we started 2 got in and one landed in the queue.
    We tried changing Servers, changing party lead and nothing worked until all party Members were in a safe zone and we started blood altar then.
    I did hear from others that it worked for them too so maybe give it a try.

Andaro likes this.
  15. Hemuk

Change channels, some are empty, in mine we can gtfo, get buffs, bio and get back in np (wont tell you which ofc :D)

16. Findubar

I am so convinced this is bad that i'm not even bothering to update and login.

17. zhagsten

What's worse is that he's supposed to be our ambassador. Instead he's just giving lessons and act like Kakao is his family.

Motoko_Shi and Findubar like this.
  18. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Oh no!!!! Queue on day one release of new content??!!!!!

[​IMG]

Furlozza, Felyni and Smileybones like this.
  19. 2Cents

Lets break this down:
    • The Gear Score requirements alone already defeats your point about random accounts entering and reaping the rewards.
    • Social Group Content maybe? What about the effects of being randomly partied with drastically different gear scores? Will that help bring players together or just waste their time and create animosity?
    Lets look at the bigger question:
    • BDO is a single game world split into channels. It allows for a pretty large amount of simultaneous players. It's actually one of the leading systems by today's standards.
    However, these instances are architecture from 20 years ago. A QUE in Blade & Soul typically means it's waiting to form a party. You can enter endless dungeon instances with everyone else in the game in minutes.

So how it is possible BDO even has this Que issue?

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  20. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Hey! That's an awesome note ^_^ So can't goto queue while not in safe zone?