1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Ancient Puturum scroll boss quest/knowledge bug

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Ponge85, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Ponge85

According to this post:
    https://community.blackdesertonline...ncient-puturum-knowledge.162792/#post-1783307

and my experience, it seems not possible to get the knowledge of Ancient Puturum scroll boss by killing the weekly scroll boss. Several of my friends and guildmates done the weekly quest for months to no result.

Could you at least look into it, or ask about it at the developers? There were quite a few things missing in Valencia until recently (like, missing mobs added 2 years after the release of Valencia2), there is a possibility that something was missed here, too.

As Eryola stated, you still need to do the kill quest after getting the knowledge, which is unlike to ANY other scroll bosses (also, you can't get the knowledge by completing the kill quest, unlike ANY other scroll bossos), so it seems something is wrong here.

(Started a new topic as the other is marked "Working as intended, but it's certainly NOT.)

MikeyMutz, Cascaden, Eryola and 3 others like this.
  2. Ponge85

Any news on this? An acknowledgement or "Under investigation" would be nice.

3. Dan Hot

Dan Hot Warrior 62 EU

same bug here

4. Ponge85

Its very nice that Puturum scrolls stack now, however, we cannot get the knowledge of Puturum, so we cannot get the scroll without killing the mobs every week. Please fix so it works like every other weekly scroll in the game.

MMoNoob, TarkusBlack and Dan Hot like this.
  5. Korvgubben

Same for me except that I got the "Reanimated Ancient Puturum S" from the guild scrolls. Still have to kill mobs at crescent every week for the black spirit weekly quest.

6. Ponge85

Yes, same here; based on the other weekly scrolls, this is not supposed to be this way.

Dan Hot and Korvgubben like this.
  7. CM Jeste

Community Manager

Greetings,
    Sorry for the late reply!

The thread you mentioned was marked as Working as intended as it is indeed impossible to get the knowledge by getting the quest only. That said, I'm sorry I missed your follow-ups, I will investigate the issue in more details
    To clarify can you confirm that:
    - You cannot get the knowledge with the quest only
    - The weekly scroll you are talking about is this one
    - If you have a screenshot of the Puturum knowledge, could you please send it to me?

Thank you for your cooperation

8. Ponge85

Thanks for the reply. For clarification:
    -The weekly scroll quest (kill 100 mobs at Crescent Shrine) does NOT give the knowledge (https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/307/1/), as you can see, only the scroll is the reward. ALSO, killing the weekly boss does NOT give the knowledge either, only killing the guild boss gives the knowledge.
    -Yes, that is the weekly scroll.
    - Puturum knowledge.jpg Here is the screenshot of the knowledge. As far as i know, there are no separate knowledges for the guild and weekly scroll bosses, however, getting the knowledge itself does not eliminate the need of the weekly kill quest as with other weekly scrolls. (There is an other knowledge called Ancient Puturum, in Adventure Journal - Valencia Journal - Great Desert Expedition Log I - Ancient Puturum, but it is not an npc knowledge, as it is not under the Ecology category).

Dan Hot likes this.
  9. DatRNG

So all of these updates and this has been going on for years. This is not the first time your team investigated it and "fixed" it btw.

Also, why must we have the Black Spirit displaying quests every time we enter Calpheon for the Earring/Necklace/Ring? We don't have unlimited quest room, so no I don't want to grab and hold the quests.

@GM Jeste Can you help with this?

10. vickers

I got knowledge on Puturum from the boss scroll rewarded by the weekly Black Spirit quest "[Special III] Divine Power (1/W)". I got it last saturday and today I thought I'd get the scroll directly from the Black Spirit, just like all other scrolls, but it still wants me to go kill the 100 Crescent to get the scroll. Sounds bugged... or very special..lol

2019-04-20_823673143.JPG

11. MikeyMutz

would like some feedback aswell to this

12. Ponge85

Yeah, this needs a fix, this is the most annoying scroll to get, with crap loot, at least let usget it without the quest as ALL OTHER SCROLLS.

Depthside likes this.
  13. Megta

Megta Archer EU

I got the "Reanimated Ancient Puturum" knowledge form the weekly Boss Scroll last week and still need to do the kill quest. So knowledge of this boss does not autocomplete the quest like it does with every other daily and weekly boss scroll.

Dan Hot likes this.
  14. Xexorian

still broken, for year(s)

15. Goyen

Goyen Warrior 61 NA

its really low % to get his knowledge it took me some months but i did end up getting his knowledge after a while. and yeah u are required to kill 100 mobs everytime even after knowledge is obtained

Attached Files:

#15 Goyen, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Dan Hot likes this.
  16. Ponge85

Yep, this is the other issue with this boss (still mandatory to complete kill quest after knowledge is obtained). Fix please.

Dan Hot likes this.