1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ancient relic crystal shard drop rate afk fishing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Chrissomega, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Chrissomega

Hi all, is it just me or since maintenance they done something with the drop of Ancient relic crystal shard,i am afk fishing trow the weak only play like 1 hours and since the maintenance till now i got 2 Ancient relic crystal shard and around 1000 fish,never seen so ridiculous low drop of Ancient relic crystal shard,maybe is just me or they need to sell more Artisan`s

2. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

another one of those people :D

Sibyyl, Smileybones and Chrissomega like this.
  3. Issiana

Issiana Valkyrie 59 EU

It's possible he's "just one of those folks" but sometimes bugs only get found out by collecting player experiences.

Mine... I have had ZERO relics from my afk fishing since maintenance and have never had an afk session yielding this number before so maybe he's onto something or maybe its just RNG.

Anyone else got some numbers to share so we can see if its a pattern or just bad luck?

Oaklay and Stillwaters like this.
  4. Nohimeh

This night I only got 3 relics whereas I usually get 8
    Then I left for work and got 2 relics. 150 inventory space

5. Fearless V

I've noticed the same. I'm fairly sure with 95% certainty, that Pearl Abyss ninja nerfed, the items drop rates again. Nothing really to see. It's par the course of these Korean MMO devs. They are ramping up their money squeezing techniques is all.

Nothing to see here just move along. Or if it bothers you that much. Just find a decent or better MMO that don't use such tactics to play.

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  6. lingling

It could be that fever time increased drop rate for relics.

Yea yea I know, fever time only occurs on weekends normally during the +100% exp time periods, but last couple weeks was the Archer leveling event where +100% exp was on all the time so maybe the increased drop rate was still tied to that.

7. CleverName

I got 1 relic and 53 fish over night last night.

Before leaving for work I fed my lazy pets and had 7 relics and 47 fish when I reset at lunch time. Seems as random as always to me.

Sibyyl likes this.
  8. Shinkai_Shoukan

Shinkai_Shoukan Wizard 61 NA

I desynced last night soon after I went to bed, still got 6 Relics, seems fine to me.

9. LightningFFXIII-4

Went to bed, afk fished with 192 space, caught a few fish on that pond outside Dreighan, then minimized the game. Woke up the character is still auto fishing but doesnt actually catch fish. only 4 fish caught the entire 12 hour period.

10. Fearless V

Stuff get funnier everyday!

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

This pattern exist since the beginning of the game. People usually never discuss relics unless they're having a bad luck day. Funny thing is that the day after or something when they get an average drop rate again we don't hear from them again.

However, there is always a clown that will make a conspiracy theory about manipulated rates and the best part is they never come back apologiseing for defaming when the reality proves them wrong every time after a few.

seanas and GamePois0n like this.
  12. Fearless V

But i'm not the only one who's been experiencing this as of late. So are you seriously going to sit here, and call all of us as a collective, "a clown that will make a conspiracy theory about manipulated rates"?

[​IMG]

Corsix likes this.
  13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Dude there are like 10 of you that have reported your "95% certainty," manipulated drop rate, are you serious ?

Out of them most of them are having bad luck and you're the one making fantasy theories and I bet we won't hear from you anymore on this topic soon, as usual.

Also do you really enjoy looking ridiculous in public by insulting people that disagree with you ?

GamePois0n likes this.
  14. Fearless V

But I only answered in kind. Unless you are seriously going to sit here. And try to say you didn't started throwing simpleton insults at me. Just like you tried to completely rewrite, my actually text on forums in another thread. And than called me dumb and stupid when my text clearly stated what it stated.

So now again.....

[​IMG]

You'll stop receiving such comments. When you start to behave and not throw troll remarks and statements, around just for the sake of attacking those who you don't agree with. Even tho they give a proper detail summary on why their position is as.

TL/DR If you want respect than you actually have to give it. If you want to just troll, and throw baseless, ad hominem and straw man remarks and comments. Without any sustenance to back them up. Than be prepared to get called out on it.

15. Korvgubben

I only got 8 relics last night which is significantly less than the 14+ ive recieved the 3 days before at the same spot.

Now using maths we can clearly see that my spot seems to be better than most of your spots!

16. Kalara

Guru 9 here, daily afk fishing. Usually average around 12 / 10 hours. Received 4 last night. Will verify again tonight. It is somewhat out of the norm.

Stillwaters likes this.
  17. Bob2009

LOL, he probably picked 95% to mimic confidence intervals so he sounds more legit instead of copying the 99.9999% trolls that are so obvious to spot its not even a joke.

#17 Bob2009, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    GamePois0n likes this.
  18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Cool story, in 2 days when every poster here will have normal luck again no one will post again, and you will just disapear.

The sad thing is you won't get punished for wrongfully defaming.

19. sooobad

thats pretty much my average. 10-12h fishing, 150slots, 4-6 relics. maybe it depends where you fish. im always on velia beach.

20. ChunksAhoy!

So, I AFK fish only, no grinding. I can say that the drop rate only feels less because now you are catching fish that were previously white. As someone who averaged 15-18 a day at my usual spot before the fish "buff", I only get about 8-10 now which is a considerable difference. On bad days I get about 2-4. No real complaints here though, just giving numbers based on experience.

Events, however, do affect drop rates. Again, just from experience.

GamePois0n likes this.