1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ancient relic crystal shard drop rate afk fishing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Chrissomega, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Webby

I AFK fish almost every night... average between 7 and 10 per night, with the occasional crap night of 5 and the rare great night of 12 or more. The past two nights have been exactly in my normal range, 8 yesterday and 9 last night.

I have not noticed any change in relic drop rates from fishing.

seanas likes this.
  2. AlnilamE

I've been moving between spots because of fish titles, and outside of the crappy tables in the Balenos sea region, I've gotten the normal 5-10 a night in the ocean and 8-12 in freshwater, with the occasional deviation up or down.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Witch 60 NA

There so how do you explain OUR consistent multiply days of having the new drop rates.

#23 Fearless V, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Your "multiply" day is exactly one, one is not multiple of anything and there is no consistency since a single day occured only once.

The number of reports questionning the rate are exactly 7 (seven). You would think what such a change would generates hundreds of bad reports not 7 (seven), are you even serious.

Sibyyl and seanas like this.
  5. Korvgubben

The 3 nights before last patch I got 14, 16, 14 relics. 2 nights after I've gotten 8 and 5. Looks to me like an ended relic event and not something unusual.

A few nights or a few weeks have no real impact on the grand scale of enhancing your gear past softcap anyway.

Sibyyl and Smileybones like this.
  6. Jaeger

Me 2 nights and got only 1 relict.....

7. Foggen

Foggen Musa 62 NA

I've been doing dummy grinding recently, but having seen this thread I decided to go back to fishing for a night. Typically overnight I've had 7-9 relics, last night I got 1, which hasn't happened in a long, long time. I appreciate that RNG is RNG but I am suspicious that something is up.

My setup was:
    +5 Mediah Rod (yes I know this isn't impressive, I need to enhance)
    +5 Maple Float
    +5 Fishing
    Master 28 (I think, somewhere between that and M30)
    Tooth Fairy Cabin

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Shinkai_Shoukan

Shinkai_Shoukan Wizard 61 NA

First off, I didn't desync last night and ended up with 16 relics fishing overnight, so things are looking fine.

Second, remember the weekend hard/sharp/relic event is still going on, which can skew results during the week.

9. Fearless V

Look like a mod or two finally came, and cleaned up this thread. Must've had a lot of reports from some super salty beings. Lol

10. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

I fish in tooth fairy cabin, got 11 last night, but the two nights before that my fishing was interrupted at some point durring the night, however I still managed to get 5 and 7 those two nights. Nothing different for me.

Fishing set up:
    +7 balenos rod
    +5 maple float
    +5 fishing
    Master 5

seanas likes this.
  11. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Change trash grey... I mean green now, fish back to trash when?

12. Fearless V

So TODAY after AFK fishing in BDO while streaming GW2 WvW and Fractals of the Mists. I caught about 40 fishes and only got 2 relic shards. So again in my case. This trend hasn't stop. So there's that.

I do hope those of you who also experience this, and commented here in this thread. Please continue to post your AFK fishing results. Because at this point AFK fishing seems to be completely nerfed, and not worth it at all anymore.

13. Klusou

Its random like always. The 2 days after the patch I had 8 to 12 in one Night . I usually have between 0 - 8 with 5 as standard. So I asked in my Guild if this is a hidden Event but the told me I was only lucky. The next day I had 1 but thereafter 8 - 12.

So in my opinion Im very lucky and I would say the oposite from the thread-starter

14. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Came home from work to 11 relics yesterday. Woke up this morning to 10 relics..... seems normal to me. I did have a strange day earlier in the week where I had been afk fishing for 7 hrs and caught nothing but green fish. When I came home and manually caught a fish and started afking again I suddenly started catching blues and yellows again. Seems like it was a glitch... this was Tuesday. Every other day has had my normal spread.

15. Zethe

RNG is RNG. It is never guarantee that we will get consistent numbers. We are all looking at a small sample size. I had a few bad nights of AFK fishing and I had a few good nights of AFK fishing.

There is always people who may be unlucky fishing, just like people having bad luck enhancing their gear.

16. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 62 NA

Nothing anybody reported in this thread is a pattern. It's not enough data.

But you should know that if you know anything about fishing, right?

17. lingling

I got 6 relics last night, which seems pretty normal based on my overall experience fishing overnight.

However, the amount I got last night is noticeably lower than the amount I got for the several nights that I fished last week before this patch.

So like I mentioned before, the fever time weekend 100% exp buff increases hard/sharp/relic drop rate, so it could be possible that this hard/sharp/relic drop rate increase was somehow also activated during the Archer leveling event where the 100% exp buff was on for like 4 weeks in a row.

Korvgubben likes this.
  18. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 62 NA

it seem more about were you fish i have one area that drop more yellow fish and no relic have another are get on average 10 relic a night and that not change

19. Factorial

I understand what you are saying, but we as people have a tremendous sense of patterns. We know almost instinctively when something isn't as usual.

Pearl abyss has proven time and again that they lack integrity. They are also susceptible to bugs and breaking the game code. Almost every week, they are switching values of drop rates for events. So all this combined, leaves room for suspicion.

Usually, if you feel something isn't right, it's best to follow your intuiton instead of embracing the sheep mentality.

20. Corsix

less relics = less meme frags = more need to buy artisans. /end