1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ancient relic crystal shard drop rate afk fishing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Chrissomega, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Khondo

9 last night and that is slightly above average.

You need at least 5 nights in a row of bad drop rate before you can say the sky is falling. RNG is RNG.

2. Pretzels1078

Got 17 last night, seems fine to me.

3. Shy0

Fresh water spot, abundant, roughly 128 inv spots, branded +10 balenos rod, penguin, +2 fishing clothes, master 10.

Average 6 hours afk with occasional trash fish deleting, usually full inventory in the end.

Day 1: 2 relics
    Day 2: 4 relics
    Day 3: 12 relics

I've been using the same spot for a while, average about 5-6 relics over 5-6 hours, not noticed much difference except on weekends/special events when I'd get a bit more. Think it's all RNG.

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

When you feel something isn't right you use data and facts to evaluate the situation instead of actually being a sheep and yelling nerfs with the other sheeps.

The fact is many people are superstitious and see patterns where there is none to see.
    The fact is if there were a real nerf this topic would get flooded by negative reports.
    The fact is there is 4k relic shards on the NA market as I speak.
    The fact is there are reports of normal drop rate.

Maginha likes this.
  5. AlnilamE

Yes, and since 3 nights are affected by the relic drop event and one night is out because of maintenance, that can be tricky.

6. Jupto

I like that they Nerfed this.
    Yes i fish, but i am fishing to catch FISH!
    It wouldnt hurt me if they increased the fish drop and nerfed all other items more when fishing.
    Thank you Kakao.

7. WSYNC

I got 12 relics overnight with full inv... If anything , they buffed it, it's not the usual 6|7 I get.

8. lingling

It's the weekend, if you fished last night, you're supposed to see an increase in relic drop rate compared to the weekday.

9. LightningFFXIII-4

Got 16 on a 192/192 inventory 8+ hour afk fishing in Duvencrune Pond.

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

As predicted previously, it's been nearly a week, bad luck fishers have gotten normal rates again so we don't hear from them anymore.

Nice nerf @Fearless V lmao, we won't hear apologies from you either I bet. "95 sure" lol.

If rates were actually nerfed everytime a conspiracy thory topic was made about them, rate would be negative by now lmao.

11. Fearless V

I still only got 4 relics out of 60 fish last night. So I'll stand by what I've said before. Because at this point it's pretty consistent.

Now @Smileybones , go stalk and troll somebody else of your lower stature. Maybe you'll have some success doing that. Leave the beings that are on higher planes of existences, like myself alone. You do fear Planet Eaters right? Don't make me take the effort!

#51 Fearless V, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:13 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 9:19 AM
  12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

So your single and anecdotical experience is somehow more valueable than the many other players reporting otherwise ? Not even pointing out years of experience on this matter.

Is it even possible to discuss facts with you whitout being insulted when you can't stomach said facts ?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  13. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Or you can collect data from 5 days not thecnically in a row, but as long as its predetermined to be recorded you will not fall victim to selecting good/bad days.

There is no statistical reason why you have to do the days back to back, as long as you know there are not other factors influensing the result

14. Fearless V

Lol what are you talking about? Multiple people reported experiencing the same. It was actually the only reason, why I even bother to comment on this thread. So first get your fact straight. Also it's been ongoing for more than a week of observation now.. So you are wrong again on all fronts.

You was the one who was just throwing around ad hominem and straw man comments. Than even tried to twist my actually words that's set in code on these forums. Just to try to attack me personally and not my comments, or discussions. Or have you forgotten that fast. Dude honestly stop acting like a primal Chimpanzee. That can't even keep it's thoughts straight.

Now go fling your turd at someone else. You seriously boring me now with your Type-0 idiocy. Now you have my permission to get the last word in this discussion between us. For all lines of discussion between us, are now completely closed now. Enjoy my little type-0 forum troll!

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Nice paragraph for a matter that no one bothers commenting on since several days, but keep believeing greedy PA nerfed relics, you're not the first ignorant doing this and won't be the last.

Additionally, if you believe the forum community massively reported an actual nerf with relic drop rate in this topic, you need a serious reality check.

In the meanwhile we vets simply laugh.

#55 Smileybones, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 10:16 AM
  16. Khondo

There is nothing wrong with the drop rate after a full week of testing for me.