1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Like that, you lost me....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Raiya Li, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Kusaragii

You are part of the problem on why things are not changed in this game.

Factorial likes this.
  2. Asato

For how long I've been playing is somehow revelant to a point you want to make? You don't need to be a +1 year old player to see how the prices are wrong.

I'm not suprized by the prices. Kakao has insane prices for everything. Like really insane. That's why I tried to stick to the basic (Pets, weight).
    If their prices were lower, I would have already bought tons of outfits on my chars.
    But I'm surprized by Kakao/PA's audacity to force those expensive bundles on limited sales (until 15.08). The outfits/underwears were purchasable separately, so why the sudden change on that category of CS?!
    Finally, I'm mostly surprized that you think you're supporting them. They have always been greedy and bad developers and publishers, they aren't using the money they get from players to "continue improving". You can just see the boss changes and how they disable PvP for the entire server for 15min; this is some lazy coding. They are not the kind of developers who would try to improve the gameplay for its playerbase.

And for clarification, I don't intent to buy bikini or ever wanted to do so on this game, I couldn't care less. But I'm pissed at people defending this kind of business practice. Those like you who think those prices or options are okay are the problem. Even if they were always pricey, they really didn't have to force the bundle and should have made it possible to buy bikinis for those who wanted. A happy customer will buy more in the long term.

And yes, by wanting to get money from whales, they neglect those who aren't dumb whales ! And this pisses me off.

3. Yennifer

I found it really good...its an outifit that give the normal 10% exp buffs/death penalty/durability + swimming speed 105%(its faster than the fishing and divinig costumes btw) plus a premium underwear-bikini when you are at the sea and safe zones.
    If you are gathering underwater/hunting islands/sea activities worth a lot..at least for me.

Balmafra likes this.
  4. Rapitor

Swimsuits are more expensive than underwear because everyone can see swimsuits.

Kind of a bad explanation... But that's the only thing I can think of that would even remotely explain the increase lol.

5. LightningFFXIII-4

Game makes money off the Pearlshop. How else would you suggest they fund the game?

If you want a game with trash items on the cashshop that nobody would ever buy even if they want to support the game. Go to GW2. You wont find any "Whales" there. I heard its F2P too, so its suits your budget.

6. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I don't recall saying the outfit is ****. My point was on the business strategy and the fact that sometimes, if you don't want to get screwed over, you shouldn't publicly say certain things.

But sure. Shark costume is +90% swim speed btw. This outfit's only +63%. You do get 10% amity though. :p

7. Yennifer

hmm only 63% for me it write on the description 105%

8. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Ah you mean including set effects which I missed. Well, my original point still remains. xD

Admittedly though, I wouldn't say the extra swim speed matters much for non-underwater gatherers. Maybe when I feel like unlocking all those seafood recipes for the **** of it...

Edit: Actually...took another look

summer set:
    +63%, +42% for set

shark set:
    +90%, +59% for set.

Shark set still wins :p [but makes sense, since it looks better than the shark outfit]

#128 Luxea, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Yennifer likes this.
  9. LightningFFXIII-4

Welcome to Korean MMO's. You should had figured that out when you joined and saw the CashShop. Guess some ppl are slow.

Go join IResbakI so I can show you how the Pearlshop works. Just be sure to show up on Velia 4 world boss.

Or you can quit and get a job so you can laugh at the next time you remember you were bitching on how 29 dollars for a digital item is such a scam.

Shikine likes this.
  10. Asato

I had figured it out when I saw its price on Steam (10$). Don't worry for me.

Where I live 29$ is like 1 hour of work, lol. Yet, I'm still not dumb enough to be scammed like you. If you think an ugly af digital bikini is 29$ worth, Okay ! Guess some people are more sensitive to scamming.
    Next time, I'll remember not creating a thread to show off the ugly bikini + outfit on my char, but hey some of us aren't weird weebs obsessed with their char. LOL.

Even if it was separated from the bundle and sold for 700 pearls, it wouldn't still be worth because of how it works. But hey, PA/Kakao are so cheap that they don't even allow it to be sold separately; why would they? Weebs like you buy them anyway.

11. Raiya Li

This.

You can't get the bikini they're advertising without having to spend at least €30 because they make you buy a costume just to get it. If you want it for more character's its an extra €30 each time. That's far too ridiculous expecially since I don't want the costume in the first place just the bikini which should be only 700 pearls. Moreso what some have forgotten is there's NO OTHER WAY OF GETTING the bikini because the Bikini itself IS UNTRADABLE. You can't even buy it off the Market you HAVE to spend €30 to get one at all. That's the real problem that some of the white knight's seem to have forgotten here.

Asato likes this.
  12. LightningFFXIII-4

Says 29 dollars is peanuts, yet makes multiple posts saying 29 dollars is too much and calls it a scam and still plays the game he claims is scamming him.

Genius over here.

13. LightningFFXIII-4

If you want 700 pearl bikini, you would have to wait 1-2 weeks for it to show up and HOPE it's eligible for sale by itself. It's called smart marketing. It's how they make money.

14. Sayalusa

I was thinking about buying them slooty bikinis but dem when i read that they are underwear im just gonna dodge these. Sad.

Qba likes this.
  15. Dalenos

Didn't know you could do this so i don't what to tell o.O I was speaking of practical purposes for it >.>

16. Prochilles

Strats man. Some clever bastard at hq said "Let's add a water event, that requires a lot of swimming AND then drop some new swim wear that gives huge buff to swim speed". No doubt this is the smae guy that thought of the "Golden Bell"

17. Gale The Whale

Since another guy tried to price the outfits, and did it a bit incorrectly, here is a proper price breakdown. I hope, seeing the toxic waste of the forums made me lose one of the last two braincells I had

Price Reference:
    Outfit only costumes (Terrmine/Heidel Masquerade)
    Underwear price
    30 Day Merv's Palette
    30 Day Appearance Change Coupon
    =4900/49 usd

Swimsuit Beach Party Pack pricing (1 outfit, 2 underwear)
    3700/37 USD (12 USD less than regular pricing)
    6000/60 USD without sale (11 USD more than regular pricing)

Bikini Beach Party Pack pricing (1 outfit, 3 underwear)
    4700/47 USD (2 USD less than regular pricing)
    6900/69 USD without sale (20 USD more than regular pricing)

Envi/Priyah/Rovini/Martillo/Gorca separate packs pricing (1 outfit, 1 underwear)
    2900/29 USD (Same as regular pricing)

The current sale on both party packs saves you a few dollars, and may be worth it if you are interested in the Merv's Palette and Appearance Coupons, however their regular price is clearly overpriced. The separate packs are not on sale.
    Other than the regular price of the party packs, the pricing isn't anything that I find particularly appalling. I just wish they separated them out instead of having to buy an outfit and an underwear. I hope they do this eventually for everyone who just wants one part of it.

Edit: I'm braindead and forgot to include the Merv and Appearance Coupons.

#137 Gale The Whale, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  18. Life Aries

How is the pricing different than another outfit? Isn't it cheaper? You get a full outfit and underwear for 2700. An outfit by itself is 2200-3400?

19. Gale The Whale

It is not cheaper. If you compare the price to other "outfit only" costumes, they are exactly the same as buying the heidel masquerade and an underwear. Most people here are upset that they can't pick and choose between the outfit or an underwear.

The regular prices on the full party pack is actually much more expensive than buying all these items individually. (11 usd more for male pack, 20 more for female) You currently only save money during the current sale, and even then it's only a couple dollars.

Edit: I'm still braindead and can't use my words to make coherent sentences.

#139 Gale The Whale, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  20. Maxi_Moot

KAKAO ... Just do a Bikini at 700 pearls.
    Or less, to proove us your not only interested by the money...

LMAOOOOOO.

Asato and Qba like this.