1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another FPS drop Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Evri, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Evri

Evri Wizard 59 NA

Well I been having 30FPS and any settings while I cast any skill Grinding in Tshira ruins is the worse part my pc has a ssd, 12gb ram 2999, 1080ti and a ryzen 1700 temps are good I drop to a 1080p monitor from a 4k just to get a couple more Hz but even on 1080p I get drop to 30fps when fighting any idea? I deleted Cache folder too

#1 Evri, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. WisedudeBlack

I have the same problem.Fps drops on skills/grinding and even sitting still there are minor fps drops.Can get jittery when using skills too.In my case after a week of back and forth with support they concluded my 1866 ddr3 ram was my problem.(Rig is 1080ti/i7 4790k/SSD.16gb ram)Their response:

"DDR3 1866MHz RAM and an 850 evo is absolutely enough to play the game, as you have already been able to do so - the FPS stutters that you are having nonetheless are a combination of both engine and hardware limitations that are not possible to eliminate, only alleviate."

So it's basically the game mostly.

I personally think it has to do with server lag that causes fps drops as I find the frequency of fpsdrops changes trough out the day.+the fact I'm not the only one that got the "it's your ram that is the problem response"Bit fishy if you ask me but this is all speculation in the end.You could actually have something causing your drops that's not bdo related.

Another dead giveaway it's bdo is to try an other game.(in my case) I only get fps drops in bdo.

#2 WisedudeBlack, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Silent84 likes this.
  3. Evri

Evri Wizard 59 NA

In all the years in gaming I have I never heard of ram having to do anything with gaming. it was AMD who made that lame excuse that faster memory helped the cpu Perform better but how ironic SSD/Ram were through the roof in term of cost. but marketing if you don't know about it you get scammed big. that being said. I could believe more that is their server or the game engine is terribly unoptimized. but I don't think they want to admit that of their game. is not like they will say oh yeah our game is terrible and badly made. so they will try to blindly say is this is that.

Silent84 likes this.
  4. Silent84

i have the same issues, when i grind(only) my game random stutter, there is nothing we can do....is the damn game 100%, we can hope will be fix. :(

5. Evri

Evri Wizard 59 NA

I do hope they fix it. because it's really bothersome