1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another slap in the Face/PvE/PvP Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Tristesse, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Claydough

dk is a melee class tho

2. Jaeger

ohh yeah uhu

3. Kripion

well i cant help myself to think that PA dont know what to do with archer
    While the problem isnt in a specific class but ap/dp scling and a community focusing only on ap.
    Its almost normal that in a situation where most end game players (including myslelf) have end game ap and mid game dp, range class will shine...

The sad part is... if they focus on specific class instead of a core problem, the class will get useless at some point.

And about S frontal guard. Im almost ok with it BUT the stamina cost of dodges and side flips should be reduced too. And im ok with some cc nerfs IF THEY add a small i-frame here and there in archer evasive skills.

Basic, Fateneko, Ama83 and 1 other person like this.
  4. BloodLeshen

sorcs only has s-block on awakening and I won't even mind if they remove it and we are melee. Its sometimes a hindrance because it locks you an animation if you go 1vx. and I fight backwards a lot so it procs accidentally.. So I have no idea why an Archer would need s-block.There aren't that many ranged cc's in game except for archer it self. Sorc's dod will be a problem but if you dont kill a sorc on an archer while he goes for dod you suck. imminent dod will stun you but that stun wont be enough for a sorc to get close anyways.

bdoforumuser1 and Tristesse like this.
  5. PancakeRift

You dont PvP much, do you.

An archer is now defenceless in small scale PvP thanks to Witch, Wiz, DK, Musa, maehwa, warrior, ranger and ninja. All have ranged CC's that you used S block for to protect yourself.

Archers will still dominate in mass PvP. This change may make me re-roll another class. I mainly play small scale PvP and front line archer. I cant do that anymore because S block was a primary skill I used.

Basic likes this.
  6. Tristesse

Thx for the compliment :),

True, but the dmg isnt the problem, actually I don't care about taking dmg, I care about getting cc'd.
    S block is a somthing that most ppl (including archers) use to counter cc in PvE and PvP + gives you a tool to give yourself 2 sec to let the mobs group up before you attack.

Imagine having a stand off in PvP and ur not sure if hes gonna attack you, what most ppl do is use S block, just to give yourself some saftey.
    Or you grinding on Arsha, all your skills are on CD and this musa come along and cc's you from far ( can't come up with the skill name).

S Block could stop that first initiation of cc.
    There are 1000 situations were S block is usefull, now we need to play even more cheesy and burn skills just to be safe or attack instantly.

Not sure if your trolling or new?

Wizards has ranged cc
    Witch has ranged cc
    Musa has ranged cc
    Zerk has ranged cc
    Ranger has ranged cc
    Sorc has ranged cc
    Valk has ranged cc
    Warrior has ranged cc
    DK has ranged cc

I don't even understand why ppl start talking about dmg,..makes no sense.
    Its NOT about the dmg, I couldn't care less, S block is to defend yourself against cc (except grabs).

#46 Tristesse, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2019
  7. BloodLeshen

I'm talking about range... not mid range.. The only class with real range is archer .. Archer can pick of any class from an untouchable range so not sure why you complain.

8. BloodLeshen

No actually I just pvp with sorc. My concern is you focus on the ninja mystic and striker around you but then get 2 shotted by the archer that's not rendering in.

I'm glad they nerf archers so the FOTM chasers (most archers) can reroll. Then I don't have to get shot in the back while I'm circling the main blob.

Yes in 1v1 this affect you but get gud. Sorc had to adapt when they removed her FG on Violation. They had to adapt and changed their whole mobility loop after darkflame's FG was nerfed. We are still top tier 1vx, 1v1 and small scale because we adapt. Playing archer does not require 1/4 of a brain so I'm sure if you think for 5 seconds you will find a way to adapt instead rerolling and playing right into PA"s ball game. Basically rewarding PA for messing so much with classes.

9. XXew

Finally.

10. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

do we have?

bdoforumuser1 likes this.
  11. Tristesse

I can come with any class and suprise you, my point is, any player with high gear can suprise someone without you being able to defend yourself.
    I agree and can imagine that archers are anoying, but pure from a Archers point of few, the nerf is mostly bad when were NOT fighting.

Example :

A guy acts a bit funny, your not sure if hes gonna attack you, so you S block to be safe and to stop the first cc, IF he would attack you.
    Thats a natural thing to do, just like a kuno would s-q or a valk/warrior would go in defence stance.
    But archers now need to start there SA/FG rotation like a idiot just to be safe, without actually knowing if hes gonna attack you.

So its not a nerf in a sense that it will make us worse, its a nerf were we always need to move/use skills, even when your not even sure there will be a fight.
    You can't take 2 sec rest in nw or rbf to look around and evaluate, you need to move and use skills 24/7 the moment you step out the door.

lnsidiousoul, Basic, Fateneko and 2 others like this.
  12. Ben Phoenix

Don't tell me you were expecting a good one...

13. noctred

noctred NA

I don't play archer but this is pretty ignorant.

Basic likes this.
  14. Ben Phoenix

I wish ranged classes didn't need protection.

15. Akantorian

You are calling a pleb someone who has been playing the game since 2016, while you started at 2019, and youre basing your **** over ap, being quite clear that archer has the best pve in the game because of the insane dmg...

You must be a troll.

16. Akantorian

S block is not a skill, its a mechanic you never should had in the 1st place, you want a block? play a class with active block, simple as that.

Distaken likes this.
  17. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Poor archer I'm literally sobbing.

Basic, Törni and Akantorian like this.
  18. PancakeRift

No, they had it right in the beginning. S block on pre-awaken, no block on awaken. The mechanic itself isnt hard to counter for anyone in this game thanks to the insanity that is AP brackets. All this means is I just roll off to an evasion striker and just be equally as cancer.

19. PancakeRift

I cant believe people use this as an example, because its an exaggeration that people take as truth. You have already placed seeds of doubt with your credibility if you really think thats true.

Your missing my point. This is gonna force archers to stay further away now and not bother with mid to close range. This is gonna make things worse for you since its gonna make us need to play extra safe. You are shooting yourself in the foot you muppet. This is gonna make the class more cancerous to fight against.

The fact you are writing all this means you 100% missed my point. I said this shifts how Archers play. I never said its gonna kill the class or be the end of the world. All im saying is its gonna turn archers into a class that you have to play cheese with now. I cant do front line shenanigans anymore. I just gotta play passive and boring now.

TLDR; they are killing its versatility and fun factor. They arnt hurting its power to command a group fight. Now you have to play it like a *****. I'm sure you wont misunderstand my point now, if you did. Thats on you.

Basic likes this.
  20. Mattys

The thing is : You deserve to burn your skills to be protected. There's certain situations where people can't even touch your class for example. wizard or witch vs archer. Archer is almost 3x more mobile, its spamming you from far, you can't reach him and then when we get close they block your cc with s block.

Your playstyle must change, you can't be aggressive and protected at the same time. You must play more smart now and jump in, when the time is right and not like before you could just jump in whenever you wanted, because you were so protected to cc and you was able to shoot from far.

Even if people cc you, they still need to run to your spot (distance) and then do the skills on you. Mostly when people get to your spot, you are already standing.

I know it may feel like PA did wrong thing, but this is good thing for everyone in the long run. You archers will get used to it, you will need to learn more balanced playstyle.