1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another slap in the Face/PvE/PvP Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Tristesse, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Kripion

Im quite ok with this IF i will be able to kite. If PA want archer to jump in and out they have to make him much less squishy.
    Example: if melee aoe class gets close to you he/she doesnt need to grab you or cc you, a few aoe skills will kill archer throw FG and SA (within evasive skills). Tactical strike is our only (not so viable) i-frame and it wont take you out of good aoe skill. Meteor or simple Shift+A/D wont take you out of aoe most of cases and in rest of them will "save you" leaving you with less than 20% of hp.

Im speaking about players with 280+ ap.

#61 Kripion, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Flesh007 and Alcathoe Noctis like this.
  2. Flesh007

Such speeches are not appropriate in a game where there is a class that spam iframes and still has a block and invisibility.

Basic likes this.
  3. Tristesse

You really think we are more protected then other classes?
    I played striker before my archer, I can rotate SA/FG/Iframe as much as I can on my archer, so I don't see your point.

We are a ranged class, so we do ranged cc, ranged dmg, ... thats what a ranged class is all about.
    How is a ranged class then supposed to play? plz tell me..

Besides, do you actually know how fast other classes are? (musa, ninja, kuno, meahwa)
    Its insanly hard to run away from them, they catch us in seconds.

"Your playstyle must change, you can't be aggressive and protected at the same time" lolz..

Ninja can play aggressive and protected
    Striker can play aggressive and protected
    Mystic can play aggressive and protected
    Sorc can play aggressive and protected
    Do I need to go on? Ok..

Ninja can play aggressive and protected + is super fast + has grab
    Musa/meahwa can play aggressive and protected + is super fast + has ranged cc
    Ranger can play aggressive and protected + has range + has grab + has ranged cc
    Sorc can play aggressive and protected + has million iframes + has ranged cc
    Zerker can play aggressive and protected + is super fast + has ranged cc + has grab (x3)

"I know it may feel like PA did wrong thing, but this is good thing for everyone in the long run. You archers will get used to it, you will need to learn more balanced playstyle"

Trust me, this news,.. is worse for everyone thats not a Archer instead of the archer, we will play even more dirty now.

Your arguments make no sense if you compare all the other classes next to each other,

4. Tristesse

Yep!

5. BloodLeshen

Its fine because there will be less Archers. I already know of 3 re rolling. If you do stay archer then I respect you for that because people jumping after their class gets nerfed sucks.

Yes however you are not suppose to hard counter all classes. Musa, ninja, kuno, meahwa usually can easily chase a ranger or archer and kill them in 1v1 obviously.

I believe Archer is hard counter vs Striker and Mystic. (Which was needed). Then obviously wizards and probably witch as well. I would say block classes as well Valk and warrior because Block is useless against an archer.
    They deal very well with sorcs as well if they notice them from far because we do not have that ranged mobility. We can iframe then have 0 stamina when we reach you. When we had darkflame FG we had a chance to get closer but even with teh mobility loop its not fast enough to travel that distance . Obviously if a sorc is on you already its probably over.

This is my whole issue with people that want balance as well. Some classes are suppose to counter others.

6. Zycrus

Good wizards/witches eat archers for breakfast (up until the archer has 300ish ap). Archer counters classes like sorc/mystic/striker. And maybe Musa/Maehwa if they are far enough away from you and don’t know how to use stub arrow.

Sorc offensive play style? Sure. Ranger offensive play style? Sure.
    Maybe try pvp before you discuss pvp

7. BloodLeshen

I pvp how do you think I got to the results.. I was giving my opinion as I experience obviously based the witch wiz of assumptions.

Try to fight/ catch an (270ap+ average?) archer with 145ms ping, 20fps and 257ap, 296dp then see your results and come tell me what you experienced

8. Tristesse

Maybe you need to learn pvp, cause I don't see myself losing against alot of wiz or witches.
    The only trick you need to do is don't be to close, and don't be to far, somewhere in the middle and they can't really touch you.

BloodLeshen likes this.
  9. Flesh007

Lol dude... If you have problems with lags, what is the fault of the classes?

10. Alcathoe Noctis

Good played valk sustains block even when the archer has 285+ ap….they have restore block skills. Warrior grabs or just facerolls archer because he is faster and oneshots archer in fg or sa. Witch teleports and needs one skill to finish through sa or fg. Just fight as archer with 281 ap against hybrid witch - have fun. They just Need 269 ap to oneshot you in Addition that with Right positioning witch or wizard won´t get cced from far cause of pet in the way and get´s all the cc and dmg and you can´t onecombo them. She oneshots you through guard, like many classes.

A very good played valk can´t loose against archer. In my opinion are witch and valk most anoying classes to fight against as archer.
    Warrior and ninja after that. Musa and maewah are way easier, because they have no grab and get much dmg from far. Still a musa with 281+ ap may oneshot you through sa or fg. You may go on this list. Archer is very strong in Group fight. 1vs1 he is not as superior as everybody says.
    Most People don´t know how to play against archer. Mystic and striker is ok, the rest too. As soon as the enemy has 281+ ap your fg as archer doesn´t matther, cause of bad dp scaling your fg isn´t existend anymore. You have to kite and hope the enemy has no clue how to fight.

You may say than stay far away but bdo is fast combat and archer has some long animations like many fg and sa. You can´t get that fast away, like a ninja, musa, sorc, maewah, warrior etc. get´s to you. You often get cced in fg, because fg is unprotected at beginning and end of Animation - no lingering. So have fun - discuss.

All in all archer is fine in pvp atm. Just wanted to Show you the other side of the medal.

Basic and BloodLeshen like this.
  11. BloodLeshen

Thanks for the info. See I merely made the assumptions based on my knowledge of those classes

True^^, But precisely my point on all "class balance" threads. The difference in fps, ping and gear are the main influences in class balance. the difference between my pathetic 15-20fps currently vs 60fps are as big as 60fps vs 144fps.. So class balance is not an issue in BDO.. not until the classes are tested under fixed conditions.

Anyways I had to state to the guy just because he pvp with 250fps and 10ms ping and gets another experience on balance between classes doesn't mean all of us experience that. I loose about 95% of my 1v1 battles now with my 15fps - obviously. Try pulling of 180 degree screen rotations on a sorc on 15fps..

I'm am pretty confident a sorc with 144fps and 10ms and 269ap will kill majority of archers out there easily since we know sorcs at that fps are untouchable. Which is not a class issue. Its a fps issue

12. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

The problem of this is that Ninja, Mystic, Striker, Warrior, Musa,Maehwa, etc.. Will come to u way too fast and u are totally unprotected.

13. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari Archer 62

Argument aside, it makes me laugh how PA think S block is an ability that helps us at close range pvp, and at the same time doesn't mind ranger having an S block

Flesh007 likes this.
  14. eddie972e

finally this class got a nerf!!!!
    i hope this isnt the last nerf:)

Kerenis likes this.
  15. Tristesse

Yeah lol! Or we get SA trade killed or grabbed and killed ...

16. Stocksyn95

Ranger doesn't have an s-block when using the bow, protected ranged cc skills, protected kiting skills, healing skills, usefull pasive, same long range, etc etc.
    Please don't compare the two classes when the difference in treatment is so abysmal, it kinda feels like an insult

17. Tifa_LockHart

But they can't do damage from two screen away.

#77 Tifa_LockHart, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2019
    BloodLeshen likes this.
  18. Tristesse

"but they can't do damage from two screen away" yeah well we are a ranged class, there not .. so I don't see your point?

19. Kripion

I can agree;p
    Except encounter situation, player (range or mid range class) that stays away from archer is an idiot.

20. BloodLeshen

I dont care that much for their range. Their damage at that range is just way way way too high. And im probably not talking about 249ap archers. I'm talking about 270ap+ 280ap+..

Last night again. I'm kiting a 5 man fight with my sorc. This one 500ap ninja was shredding our team. Then an Archer just 2 shot my full 3600hp gone. How can a class kill you in 2 shots without even rendering in?

Yes I know a 285ap sorc pretty much 1 shot 301dp as well. its not even a burst damage class. Other classes does even more damage on their burst attacks at that AP so the problem is not really the class. Its the bloody AP scaling.. drop it to 5+ additional AP per tier bracket.

But sadly Archer's range with that damage makes it unbalanced. it is impossible to evade or block an attack from an archer you cannot see. In 1v1 yes. Not in a group fight.

So yes s-block doesn't fix this. They should reword damage..

#80 BloodLeshen, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019