1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another slap in the Face/PvE/PvP Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Tristesse, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Tristesse

What about rangers then?they have huge range aswell.
    What about the fact that ninja's, musa's, kuno's, etc .. are so freanking fast they can catch us in a haertbeat.
    What about all those other classes that can cc from miles away?
    What about the fact that we die faster then a musquito?
    What about the endless Sorc Iframes? that makes them 1vsX
    What the fact that strikers are extreemly tanky..
    + when you talk about dmg, when you have 270 or 280 AP you can kill 99% of the ppl anyway in one combo.
    Its funny that ppl only complain about the dmg we do, but never see the negative..

XkiviX, Flesh007 and Alcathoe Noctis like this.
  2. Flesh007

It's funny to hear about archer oneshots in a game where everyone takes oneshot with 269ap+. :D

XkiviX likes this.
  3. Stocksyn95

- Rangers don't have ANY form of protection while doing damage or cc at range, and they have less range than archers
    - Yes protected gap-closers counter ranged classes, but if melee classes don't have those then what can they do?
    - Most of those other classes that can "cc from miles away" are unprotected while doing so, and they don't have the same range as archers do
    - Archer is a highly mobile, long range, high damage glass cannon, are you expecting to be tanky as well? they already have sooo many protections is ridiculous.
    - A good sorc counters every other class in the game, yeah they're a pain in the ass, but not only to archers.
    - Strikers (and mystics) are pure melee classes without any ranged cc, they HAVE to be tanky.
    - Yes, at that ap any class can one combo, but most classes have to get in the middle of the blob to do those combos, and the classes that can do damage at range are either stationary (witchzards) or unprotected or both.

I also agree that archers damage at range isn't the main problem.
    People will continue hating on the class as long as:
    - archers have even 1 single protected ranged cc (witchzards should be the only ones allowed to have those).
    - point blank full bloom keeps doing such ridiculous damage.
    - the range isn't reduced to be the same as ranger.

4. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

ranger never had s block in both stances pls

5. Basic

all thees people in here complaining about archer damage when in fact they just have the dp of manshaum. 301 dp is nothing, now if u have 324+ dp or more and ure still getting oneshotted by archers you're straight up lying.
    and regarding archers range thats ****ing ******** archer cant use that range in 90% of the situations.
    The game is not all RBF and BA in, open world archer is USELESS we may have range but if a person is standing just a bit downhill or uphill we cant touch em other than with 1-2 skills that maybe will do 20% dmg and most our skills/arrows will get blocked by trees, rocks, hills or sometimes even just hit the ground where we fire it from.
    We have so many bugs with our ''ranged'' skills in openworld thats its rarely we even get to use them cuz there will always be a hill, a rock or maybe just a tree/fence blocking the shot and when not NW time its a mob or something else that will block the shot.
    so 8/10 we are forced to go in or get too close and straight up get deleted
    archer is purely an RBF/BA class in open world our range doesnt mean ****
    and everyone complaining about archer dmg all i can say is get some dp you cant excpect to tank a 281+ archer with ur silly 301 or even 309.
    Get some dp then you may have a voice in this balance discussion otherwise please stay out.
    This is coming from someone with a lot of PVP experience and if u doubt me hit we can arrange a 1v1 so i can prove you wrong i know what im talking about and its depressing.

CompZilla and XkiviX like this.
  6. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari Archer 62

I didn't mean to compare them, I just pointed out the irony in this balancing decision. It's not like it takes you 2 years to go bow mode after you have blocked a bunch of cc's, it's one click away.
    Uhm, ok?

7. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

witch

8. BloodLeshen

Yeah one shot without rendering in? Not even rangers does this. In fact last night AGAIN. full hp .. an archer takes 90% of my hp of ..obviously from the back but couldn't even see him on my minimap yet

9. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

Cant agree, archer is the most squishy class I have ever legdropped

Basic, Wollbert, XkiviX and 1 other person like this.
  10. BloodLeshen

You are ranting about **** not related in this topic..wtf..sadly its true archer is the new striker.. You do not need half a brain to play it and it shows neatly in this thread
    -DO NOT EVEN compare rangers and archers
    -yes they are fast sure but you cant have it all can you.
    -you die faster than a mosquito? Most classes die fast.. even the dp classes if they get cc'ed they die in a few seconds. Like I said my sorc dies in 1 hit and sadly stacking dp is useless.
    -endless iframes? lol.. if you think a sorc spams iframes on a battlefield you haven't played this game very long.
    -Strikers now are extremely tanky? only if they do a dp build maybe..

AND LASTLY.. I complain about all the damage that scales up but again read what I said.. The ranged damage is the problem.. No other class can do that damage from that range.. The problem is you kill people with one shot without even engaging in the fight.. that is the problem.

Man some people never went to school? or are still in school?.. read wtf I typed

11. BloodLeshen

So your brilliant advice to sorc is to go dp build? wow where have you been all my life

12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

well not dp build but atleast invest some caphras - that would be 309 without pen armor or narcs
    ppl have 297 dp worth around ~10b and wonder why they die to 269+ ap ppl where the necklace alone costs almost as much as all their defensive stats

Basic likes this.
  13. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 61 EU

Most classes die in one shot after certain Ap.
    Archers mobility? Yeah amazing. getting grabbed out of animations by a ranger who does both range and close combat. How about we talk about Lahns ranged grab? How about we talk about ranged CC from most classes? How about we talk about Ninjas stupid single target damage?
    Dying when Archer doesn't render? How about you upgrade your PC? Please. Archer used to have more range before, I swear it's been reduced
    What do you want, another ranged class who is mele? Don't worry, after ranger succession Archer won't be the only one in range.
    But I remember everyone crying over ranger before she turned into nothing, people will always cry over classes. That's just how it is.
    In this game everyone cries that class is op until it becomes useless, period.
    Archer has long as **** animations,
    Try 270 AP Archer VS 400+DP any class.
    Anyone here complaining has 260-300 DP and is lvl 60. I struggle with anyone above my level, Lahns are at times impossible to kill.
    Archer is in a good place but isn't op.
    Every class is op at the AP you're talking about and if you're complaining about range change a class and go ranged too, not every class is the same, never will be, get the **** over it

Flesh007, Basic and Alcathoe Noctis like this.
  14. Basic

Please come with a few scenarios where archer is op and i will tell you where you're wrong

15. Basic

Ofcourse not ! i have 324 and im full ap and still getting more capharas for dp everyday and im not even endgame gear yet... whoever told you that a player with a Full ap build cant stack dp is a braindead pleb noob.
    Get a PEN heve with caphras like the rest of us and then maybe a few PEN armours here and there with a few capharas lvls then you will never ever get oneshotted or borthered by archers.. you must understand that youre not anywhere near endgame gear if you consider 324+ dp a dp build. nothing else needs to be said.

16. Tristesse

Whats your AP/DP? and be honest...or share a screenshot?

17. Basic

I would maybe agree on nerfing archers block but in that case we would need to
    Nerf Kuno Spin
    Nerf Lahn grab
    Nerf warrior Grab
    Nerf Ninja damage
    + Make every single iframe class have cooldowns so that it requires skill to play them and not just being able to spam iframes until they get an opening.
    all theese excuses about archer range, dmg and whatnot but in reality range doesnt matter in a game where everyone can dash around at lighting speed some fly around like airplanes while others are just straight up invisible, one class has a cannon and others have infinite iframes and a few have teleports and can FG while running.
    I probably forgot some things but the point is that BDO is not a game where pvp/wars plays out like some traditional Medieval war with melee in the front and archers in the back that is maybe the case 5% of ur playtime as an archer, classes are mobile and fricking fast in bdo so you will end up in closecombat (if you dont get onetapped).
    sometimes 1 single tamer/sorc/kuno/ninja can take out all the archers with a whole ****ing guild trying to stop them but fricking 20+ people spamming cc's cant even get a sorc down if she knows what she is doing (wich i guess is spamming iframes) fix all thoose classes that can 1vxxxxx before u ****ing ruin archer this is disgusting and im not ****ing rerolling would rather quit the game!

18. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

Just adapt, and be happy it's not a crippling nerf like they usually did in the past.

19. Basic

Dont worry mate i will adapt and i will continue to topfrag in RBF/nodewars so all theese plebs can keep crying ''archer is OP''

20. BloodLeshen

257/257/296 .. But ignore my posts.. forgot you have to be p2w to have an opinion or be able to not get 1 shotted.. You guys assume PEN falls out of thin air if one cannot even succeed TET at 118fs . Use your brain and add a 7day guild necklace. its 257ap. Dont ask me where the other 4x TRI necklaces went. ask the 119fs I have now. obviously I don't pvp without a necklace
    [​IMG]

get a couple of PEN? just like that?

Nevermind I forgot the whole community in BDO is at 285ap and 325dp and all p2w..

Its pointless to argue from a casual players point of view. My bad. ignore my posts..

Its also funny taht you say I must go for PEN armors before I even get IV accessories..

I would honestly prioritize next items as.
    1 TET neckalce (262ap)
    2.TET basi belt (266ap)
    3. Vells (269ap) instead of replacing my RCE with capotia earing. 269ap 400+ acc > 269 and 379acc

Thing is after all this items ill still only have 296dp.. so still get shot and killed 1 shot in the back..

Then PEN heve and caphra and then dp.. sorry my Pen heve kept failing until now even when I build my 100fs higher with it..

So apparently you thing these items fall out thin air in 1 night and i can waste my money on caphras for dp that doesnt do much on sorc..

ANYWAYS
    My conclusion.. AP and DP scaling is the problem. The difference between softcap gear and 269ap / 325dp is more than 500gs vs softcap.. PA obviously does this cause they want the whales to aim for the high bonuses else it would not have been worth it. My only concern was classes with that damage the range archer has ( only archer ) is just OP with the scaling.
    The only fix to this is to play another game and leave BDO or deal with it..

Regarding the topic: s-block removed just balanced the fights somewhat. My dod can catch an archer so the others can kill him. Usually he just block it by walking back or cc my while I cast.

#100 BloodLeshen, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019