1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another week, even more P2W in the cash shop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by yukishiro1, Jan 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ateena

T5 pets are coming. Because why would they just fix t4 or the entire loot system. Just keep adding pet tiers.

(not my screenshot)

[​IMG]

Fateneko, Bizmarc89 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  2. Ashenvall

It's already on bdo mobile ( T6 for KR)

Ben Phoenix, 김나리 and Fearless V like this.
  3. Wrapped In Plastic

#123 Wrapped In Plastic, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  4. hightech

Oh man, 1,80$ to play the 19th character is not much.
    We are talking about Kakaos greed, what about yours?

5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Can you buy a dollar eighty worth of pearls?

6. Assimilation

A cursory glance has allowed me to see that I'm someone, some people from this forum considers "Delusional" about business decisions Kakao is making. I can understand why. I don't consider BDO p2w but I can also see my standard is higher than most and I've probably played more games imo, that are actually p2w, mainly from Aeria Games.

Wolf Team, Perfect World, Aura Kingdom, Mabinogi, Grand Chase, Elsword, Age of Wushu, Silk Road Online, Flyff, Cabal Online, Dragon Nest, Dungeon Fighter Online(2010), Dragonica(Dragon Saga), Global Agenda, Fiesta Online, Maplestory, Wizard101, ESO, and finally Trickster Online.

All of the games listed above are games that I consider to have actual pay2win functions or are p2w. Some worse than others(Wolf Team).

Keep in mind all of those games are free2play but honestly BDO isn't that much different from one right now. All of the above games have a function, usually multiple that CAN ONLY BE OBTAINED FROM THE CASH SHOP PER THEIR RESPECTIVE $ CURRENCY. THERE IS NO FREE EQUIVALENT, YOU MUST SPEND $ CURRENCY. SAID ITEMS CANNOT BE SOLD FOR IN-GAME CURRENCY AND CAN NOT BE OBTAINED WITH IN-GAME CURRENCY.

There are only 4 things in BDO that have no free equivalent that I consider somewhat p2w. The tent system. Ironically there is a free tent but you can't get a cash shop equivalent tent, you must spend $ currency. The housing system as far as Ik can easily be abused with cash shop interior items for rank 1. Morco's Gear Bag, it's w/e. Anonymous Costume/Hide Name.

Granted there are functional cash items that make things a lot more convenient, Weight increases, Inventory slot increases, maids & butlers, brands, artisan memory, character slot expansions, equipment tailoring coupon, and energy tonics.

Maybe it's just because I play things at my own pace and don't care for how long it takes as long I'm having fun but BDO in comparison to everything else I've played just feels middle of the ground between p4c and p2w.

7. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The game is still pay to win although not perhaps as much as some others. If you can buy things to sell on the market place and convert money into game currency the game is pay to win.

Life2v, Assimilation and Ben Phoenix like this.
  8. kakodaimonos

I love that the most discussed content in the game is the cashshop content.

[​IMG]

9. woots

Tbh, as much as i vomit on their buisiness, why would they stop since players pay and a fair amount of them still are blind / defend them.

Life2v, Phoenixxx75 and Kurano like this.
  10. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Why dont you just buy someone's account then?

Fearless V and Bizmarc89 like this.
  11. Assimilation

Yeah I can see now it's more so a difference in definition than anything.

12. Allan1985

Riot games has always been a good company worried about the game balance, player feedback and keeping their promises, the more league of legends grows the more they think on us players as reflected on the next video instead of thinking how to coerce players into spending more they are going the oposite direction and making costume aquisition even easier than it already was, they unlike Pear Abyss are game develpers i am happy to support with my money:

13. Corsix

Welcome to PEARL Abyss.

14. YouNeverKnow_Z

15. Grizabella

I think it is great that they have a mechanism to allow a new player to quickly experience the amount of RNG failure long-time players have. While a few will win big, the majority will become as cynical and bitter as most in these forums are.

16. hightech

No but does that matter?
    There is a lot stuff arguable in the shop but the price tag for a new character is not.
    Even if you have to spend 10$. Most of the people have some pearls left from other purchases anyhow.

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

And those that have never bought pearls?

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  18. Mikroman

- you can't process same time without p2w costume item
    - you can't buy functional costumes in game currency
    - you can't use costume slot without cash shop items
    - you can generate +30-50% materials in gathering with hedgehog
    - you can't be "competitive" in swiming and underwater gathering without p2w costumes
    - you can "buy" 1650 millions of silver vs real money/week
    - you can repair 5x max durability in p2w mode
    - you can't farm or gather 1 "full turn" without cash shop weight limit items and storage maids: you have to interrupt farming in every 15 minutes and you have to finish your turn in every 30-45 minutes. But its not a problem in PvE becaus e you can't pick up enough items without pets :))) You can't craft 900 turns of potions without cash shop "buffs".
    - you generate tripled energy same time with "cash shop buff".
    - You can buy villa buffs without villa invitation and you don't have to go to the villa to buy buffs
    - you "win" more money in marketplace transactin (VP).

= cash shop generates too big advantages in extreme short, medium and long time too. This is nbig fat disgusting p2w in every descriptions.

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

That's because in BDO, it's cash shop is the only relevant content BDO has.

20. kakodaimonos

He doesn't get the logic behind it.
    The Slot could cost 1 Pearl... you still had to buy $10 worth of Pearls if you never bought some.