1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti cheat engine

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prowly, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Prowly

I see that Global Labs uses NProtect, is this indication that we will move on from current anti cheat software?

@GM Dew @GM Rhotaaz

Cheers

2. Moarrage

Moarrage 63 EU

Improvements to anti cheat are always good and appreciated!

But what worries me, is that according to that article NProtect keylogs keyboard inputs! I do work stuff along while running BDO on the background.Logging keyboard input from anything else than BDO process shouldn't happen.

3. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

One would hope its only to do with with inputs IN BDO but yeah... I could see the reasoning for concern.

4. Prowly

Since my comment was deleted I'll rephrase, BDO's anti cheat engine does not like the fact that I play another game that has a bot that's over 10 years old.

Yikes, what the f

5. johnnified

I dont trust NProtect.

XIGNCODE is worse enough, it never stopped hackers in Alliance of Valiant Arms which used it for 7+ years.
    However NProtect Im not going to play BDO with it implemented. Hopefully they can wait to install that crap till spring, then it I wont care.

6. Prowly

No anti cheat is trustworthy, hell, look at what riot is doing with valorant

I was merely asking cuz BDO's anti cheat stops ppl from running a lot of stuff, auto hotkey? Nope, bot that's over 10 years old for a different game? Nope

+ others I don't know about.

7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

I wonder, when new consoles come out, and their performance will expose main BDO "Cheat", how PA gonna deal with it.

8. MisterJoy

NProtect is trash, those who want to cheat usually have people who create bypasses to those low tier stuff in a matter of a few hours, but they screen all other players for having it running, while not preventing anything.

9. Andaro

Ambassador

AC software comes with extensive dashboard controls at the labs that allow programs and actions to be whitelisted or blacklisted, features turned on or off. Which settings are enabled or used, and which other programs are whitelisted etc, varies from company to company.

That said, if you're worried about an AC module spying on you, you probably shouldn't be using Windows, or have a Phone.

Fearless V and Thugarin like this.
  10. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Don't want to get deleted cause sharing too much info... But you do realise that xigncode and NprotectGuard are both weak? By using a simple injector and .dll file you bypass them.

Atm Valorant had the best anticheat and wish they add something like this in BDO too.

11. Prowly

Well Riots Vanguard is pretty intrusive, I don't trust any anti cheat engines either way.

I just wanted to know if I would be allowed to play another game or do other stuff eventually because xign deems what I want to use or do bad and it is outrageous :)

12. Catastigma

Nprotect as been on Global lab for over a years now. ( 4 july 2019) for info.

the problem of hacking in video games will never be fixed as long as there is no law and sanction against these individuals.

aka currently, there is only the development of cheating software which is punishable by law.
    There is no law yet in America or Europe regarding the usage. devs cannot prosecute, no matter how little/big damage the cheat user causes.

the Developers are alone, with no real means against the recivist individuals.

#12 Catastigma, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Chaos Ronin likes this.
  13. Prowly

This has changed to Easy AntiCheat now, I just loaded up Global Labs, interesting

14. LightningFFXIII-4

I see lots of players chopping wood all day non stop at Trent. At 2000 LT with 25% overweight Fairy, i stop chopping wood in 1 game of overwatch because of overweight. And everytime i maximize BDO they're all still chopping wood...

15. Dexo 2

Thats called having alot of maids...

Arch2k likes this.
  16. Tracey

*quietly mutters* Linux is your friend

#16 Tracey, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  17. Warp Rider

There is no cheating in single player games

18. Toshiro3D

Unfortunately most AC software is not supported by linux, which basically means cannot play Black Desert on linux. I would really like to see Black Desert supporting fully linux. It will be the day that I will finally delete Windows and throw "hard drive" after this to trash.

Tracey likes this.
  19. LilithDragonFlower

At least XingCode 3 has an uninstall method if a user wants to quit playing the game and remove both the g ame and XingCode3.

We will need uninstaller / uninstall instructions for Game Gaurd if a user choose to remove all data + the game from their PC including services and files copied into C:\windows directories.

Game Guard is a Rootkit, and its even more malicious than XingCode3

As far as cheating it's easy to cheat the game with either of them, and the best way to detect hackers is server side detection such as Teleporting, Speed Hack, Fish Bot can all be done server side instead of client side.

20. Catastigma

if so, the entire industry would use this method during the past 25 years.
    And it is not. The majority of games are an anti-cheat software or an anti-cheat is build directly in the client. ( Blizzard use warden on mostly all thier game.)
    And 9/10 of other Corporation use Easy-Anticheat now.

The corporations we know wouldn't spend millions on anti-cheat software if your magic solution really worked.
    the server-side anti cheats surely have a downside which makes them unusable.
    I doubt it will be that simple.

#20 Catastigma, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020