1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Benefits in Staying on Season After Awakening?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dauthus, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:32 PM.

1. Dauthus

Dauthus Guardian 63 NA

The character I created is basically going to become an Energy/Boss alt. I don't plan on enhancing the gear any further than it is now. Level isn't important to me after 61.

Are there any events/rewards worth mentioning that will be coming down the pipe other than the Perilla's Star?

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

you can keep doing weekly quests for time stone exchange.

3. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

First of all if you play this season only for perillas star then you have wasted big time.

So if you think its worth mentioning Perillas star then its equally worth getting full PRI Naru gear.

4. Khondo

PVE servers for the win

5. Andaro

Ambassador

I hear a lot of fuss about not graduating early, but I have to think..... Why the rush?

What would happen if, (not saying they would or will) they added something to season at the last minute that required season character? How miffed would you be that you graduated early? How many tickets would clog up the support pipeline requesting for reversion when it isn't possible to go backwards?

There would be calls against the publisher for not communicating a last minute addition, and counter calls that people should show patience.

Personally I see no reason to rush forward. Patience is a virtue, and reward surprises are cool when they happen.

If you're done with season you can still grind on non-season servers. The only reason to go non-season after you're done with the pass is perhaps to work on boss gear....

Let's say you're done with season, you could still grind season for Upgrade stone drops....those are 100k and 200k a pop :O kinda like koi fishing but for grinding....

6. Firebutt

There is fuss because people already have hit full PEN with in the first week like myself who is using the season for getting alt character equipment.

7. Andaro

Ambassador

Mmkay, so farm upgrade stones and sell them.... >.> Don't think anyone could say much about extra silver in your purse...

If you have pen tuva , Shultz would be a nice grind...pretty decent loot there now

LinaCrysta likes this.
  8. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Perilla's Star:
    Damage from Monsters -5%
    All Damage Reduction +4
    HP Recovery +1 per Hit
    All Resistance +5%
    Movement Speed +5%
    Max HP +200
    Max Stamina +100

O'dylitia is coming and using the buff from this and swapping in Vell's Heart for the 3AP while fighting might be -very- important. The 2 higher zones (Ollun Valley and Silent Grave) might require you to have any defensive thing available active to even try killing something there and -5% monster damage is huge. That's 30% from 400dp, 6% from Simple Cron Meal, 10% from Beast/Savage Draught, 5% Perilla's Star -> 51% flat damage reduction without considering the DR. That makes those 2k+ hits from the mobs much more manageable.

LinaCrysta and Avantala like this.
  9. Keophiroun

10. Deyric

That would be pretty shady and doubtful to happen.

11. Deyric

Easy advice of Valks.

12. Ned Sheynji

Use literally any yellow alchemy stone...
    If you can not grind in odyllita because of your defensive stats then srsly stop using TET armor...
    or even better:
    Dont
    Get
    Hit

#12 Ned Sheynji, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:13 AM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 8:28 AM
  13. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

I'm full pen on armor/weapons, with quite a few caphras in it, thanks for asking. You underestimate the new mobs and yellow alch stones don't have the %damage reduction... BUT... I can't wait for the Silent Grave video of yours, where you
    Don't
    Get
    Hit
    ...because I've seen videos from the KR and test server where 370 - 400+ dp people get destroyed in less than a second. Good luck.

14. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

Try ash forest first, sure not getting hit works... until you get hit ofc and then you are dead. Im over 400dp and I still get oneclapped by a rather small group of ash forest mobs. Two of the odylitta zones hit the same or harder

Edit: and no im not pleb gear with accesorie for dp, I'm fully pen c10 bossgeared with griffon to cap on dr.

TucoRamires likes this.
  15. Ned Sheynji

Im glad you said ash forest. Here is a person without perillas star doing this

My point still stands: If you cant tank it then dont go there. If you wanna tank it then get better armor instead of going for perillas star.

#15 Ned Sheynji, Sep 16, 2020 at 9:17 AM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 9:26 AM
  16. Unranked

funny how you post a video of a mage, I expected that would happen because thats one of the few classes that has it relatively easy there....

17. Ned Sheynji

As you can probably already assume, its hard to get actual footage of high end players grinding there because stars end is just better.

18. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Very cheap failstacks and building Alts for 33% of the cost of normal characters.

19. Unranked

and because they hit too hard... my ap is the same and my dp is higher (pen narcs) and I'm getting wrecked by these guys as a striker. now you all keep telling me striker is a tanky class, but either that is pvp exclusively or damage of these guys is simply to high unless you are a semi range aow damage dealer with dr on superarmor and very good sustain. but other then that, that alch stone is going to help. and if not for the damage reduction, its for the extra +1hp on hits.

Jinoro likes this.
  20. Ned Sheynji

As soon as we get this useless stone, we also have dead god armor in the game. Use that instead and keep your vells, like you always did in this game.

When ody first hits people will be busy experimenting and figuring out top trash per hour values anyway for at least 6 months straight. More than enough time to just keep doing what you used to do and get at least DUO Dead god.