1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance we can get a nerf on striker/mystic?

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by AlwaysSaltyAF, Sep 8, 2018.

1. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

What makes us tank magic dmg, in the most part, is not the "innate" extra DR we have (according to only solid info we had from leak is 50 DR, where for other classes is ~25-37) + mountain aura passive (+8 all DP).

As DR is a flat scaling and not % based, (save for DP bracket boost) that is not the really significant part.
    Most of our additional defense comes from selfbuffs and skill addons, which when used right can add a 40-45 magic DP (less for other type of dmg) on top. And that is what really makes the difference.

When buffs aren't stacked we would get on average 10% less dmg from magic due to passives. Popping and keeping the DP buffs up supplements this by quite a bit, even more noticeable on Hybrids.

#281 v.klishev, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  2. BloodLeshen

Lol now I know why killing afk strikers is easier ^^

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

fact is, they are way more resilient than other classes vs magic. be it hidden stats, addons, skills, or heritage from their kung fu panda grandmaster.

4. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

IKR :D

I never said we weren't, but people like to make it look like its all just 1 big chunk of passive DR when in fact it fluctuates wildly depending on the fight flow.

For example classes that can catch a Striker off-guard can bypass addons/guard buffs (which is 25-30 All DP extra) since only the Rabam 15 magic DP can be used w/o hitting/being hit. Naturally that will not always be possible, but it is something ppl have learned to utilise is what I am noticing in some of my fights. Waiting out 1 or 2 of those buffs to fade before re-engaging can make the difference between me surviving a combo or not.

5. Vieilan

buffs > nerfs why not buff the struggling classes instead of nerfing the strong ones? It would make more people happy if they for example could now grind hysteria as fast as a mystic.

Don't nerf mystic or striker buff the weaker classes.
    :)

SUPERDOPE likes this.
  6. SUPERDOPE

Yes, ranger buff when?

Tvvin likes this.