1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any change with "Renown" removed?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Railx, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Railx

Hi,
    I have no time to test the changes myself, but did it really change anything?

2. DarkGG

DarkGG Dobbert Sorceress 60 NA

Yeah they just hid it, everything is the same

Fearless V and MoZex like this.
  3. Jey

Jey Valkyrie EU

monsters deal less dmg.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

pvp - i kill faster & die faster. about sums it up.

Desibabez94 likes this.
  5. WhiteShadowXXL

DP is finally viable again

OBEY ME

FoxTheAlmighty and Desibabez94 like this.
  6. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

people better build accuracy or they will miss a lot and die in 2 seconds, only people with a proper dp set are hard to kill, and people only out gear you by the gear they have on, not by an added bonus that they didnt need. in other words the game is more balanced, but still gear based.

Rilok and Desibabez94 like this.
  7. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 61 NA

Feels like evasion got a decent buff, but not broken like back in the day. Seem's nice so far :)

levinano likes this.
  8. Reigne Irkalla

I agree that gear is more balanced, that game is more balanced, but disagree about class balance.

9. PancakeRift

Everyone forgot that Renown made you tankier. They just thought it turned everyone into nukes and only nukes.

Its even more of a 1 shot meta than renown.

10. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

NO, renown turned nukers into TANKS, you build ap you get tanky, no game has EVER done that, that was broken, now you kill fast but you die fast, if you want to be tanky? BUILD ****ING DR

peanut777, Rilok, Desibabez94 and 3 others like this.
  11. PancakeRift

Jeez no need to yell, I get it. Renown triggered you. cool beans. AP Brackets are still a thing so if you 270+ this doesnt really matter anyway.

12. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

i am a sensitive strong woman, i get emotional easily sorry :)

13. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 61 NA

Depends.. If you want to not die to 270+ ap you simply build even more DP. This is how the game should have always been, more DP counters more AP and vice versa. Same with accuracy and evasion and now with renown gone, the game feels so much more balanced when it comes to builds. Love it :D

levinano, Averdun and Souda like this.
  14. T800

#14 T800, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  15. Shinkai_Shoukan

Shinkai_Shoukan Wizard 61 NA

Used to play a game where building STR built melee damage and max HP.

Build pure STR and have so much HP no one can kill you, and you can one shot people with auto attacks.

Now pick Assassin as your class for perma stealth.

See? BDO could have done it worse.

16. Netreiam

Some conjecture on my part:

The biggest winners in this are the DR focused classes. War, Valk, striker/mystic, and berserker. Of them valk and striker benefit the most because they have enough burst to easily 1 shot at higher AP levels and can sacrifice a fair amount of DP and still be able to 1 combo. Zerker might also be in this category but I don’t know how good their combo damage is or how much combo damage they have to sacrifice to set up for ancient wave.

Mystic and Warrior also benefit from becoming tankier but due to their low combo damage will not be able to spec as much into DP before they lose the ability to 1 combo (which is only at insane levels of AP anyway)

Souda likes this.
  17. T800

[​IMG]

#17 T800, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  18. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

double dipping from stats breaks games, every stat should do something specific and balances another stat.

STR should only give damage OR HP, etc, if one stat gives too much of a benefit, then there is no point in building anything else

19. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

You got what you wanted now Netreiam, valkyries rise from the ashes and got stronger. I should pvp some valkyries and see how good they are.

20. Netreiam

Not really what I wanted. The class itself isn’t any better, the meta just gives it a stat advantage. Valks will still be just as easily caught and bad at catching as before, it’s just that now if they have enough gear they will be able to stand up again.

This is only an advantage though if the Valkyrie is also still able to 1 combo, if the opponent has enough DP to survive then it will come down to who can get the multiple combos in quick succession, which would again put her at a disadvantage.

I don’t care so much about just winning fights as I do having good fight. Being able to be punished multiple times because of class disadvantages and not die and then winning by getting a single CC is boring and frustrating for both players. I’d much rather be given a proper way to dodge grabs and die when failing to do so than have no way to avoid it and being forced to sit through getting comboed multiple times until a good opportunity to punish my opponent arises.

It’s basically the same as being gear carried.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.