1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Reason to Main Shai?

Discussion in 'Shai' started by Veyana Eldunari, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Auxey

Doing node wars a few times a week and occasionally beating up someone for invading your grind spot you use for grinding mobs for hours on end just to end your day by fishing all night is what you call heavy emphasis on pvp? Don't make me laugh. 99% of what you do - what everyone does - is pve and life skills.
    Dota is a pvp game. CSGO is a pvp game. BDO is a pve game with pvp elements. Like it or not, the overwhelming majority of stuff you do here is pve.

I agree on your post regarding Shai's farming capabilities though. She'll easily get cucked out of a spot without being able to properly defend herself other than trying to shred the enemy's armor, and that I also see as a problem. I personally believe that every character should be able to do all the content the game has to offer, which includes duels, riding proper mounts, etc.
    Shai being a designated alt class is just ridiculous, especially for people who could like playing a support class >without the game punishing them for it.<

#21 Auxey, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. Nimalla

I think being able to block while holding "S" would be enough ... she doesn't need another forward block on skills imo.

3. WinterMilla

She doesn't have any back paddling block or static block.

4. Veyana Eldunari

Her awakening needs to be pretty amazing in the support department for that to be possible though. They claim she's a support class but currently her forms of support are very underwhelming. 1min and 1.5min cd on two heals. If someone's out of range when you use them then you're basically useless for the next minute. 0 reason to take her over any other class right now (especially classes like witch/wiz that can support better and they aren't even labeled as supports).

And everyone keeps arguing "but she's only in pre awakening right now" look at any other classes pre awakening tree compared to hers. She has so few skills. Witch/wiz pre awakening is loaded with support and offensive abilities. Shai just seems like it was rushed and it's unfortunate. At least in my opinion.

5. WinterMilla

They should take all the witch/wiz support skills and give it to shai. Actually no that would be too cruel...kinda

6. Veyana Eldunari

At least she'd be valued for PA lol

7. Boojangles

wtf. Thats even more stupid than giving strikers passive magic resist when half the classes were magic based. I will say that I enjoy them trying new things, but if only they would test **** more

8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Since when is BDO a pvp game?

9. Auxey

People keep telling themselves that for some reason.

10. Veyana Eldunari

I think you misunderstood / it was worded poorly. they deal 95% less damage in pvp. They take full damage. lol

11. Veyana Eldunari

When people say this they mainly mean pvp can happen at any given time. You can be a strictly pve player but that doesn't mean you're not going to be forced into pvp scenarios over grind spots. It happens literally all the time unless you're grinding at a not very popular spot, which then hurts you because youre getting less exp / silver than you would at the desired spots that you cant contest.

12. Boojangles

no I fully understood. Im just comparing blunders

Veyana Eldunari likes this.
  13. Veyana Eldunari

gotcha! yeah I completely agree, taking away a classes ability to defend itself doesn't automatically make it a support class lmao

14. Boojangles

This is rich! I found a skill add on that adds pvp damage. What the actual F?!

15. Xephie

Correct, sorry

16. Nimalla

Hence, why i was asking for it.

17. Xephie

Well seems she will get pvp dmg Increesed soon, dont know how much though

Veyana Eldunari likes this.
  18. Veyana Eldunari

ohhhhh that would be great! Any link to that info?

19. Xephie