1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody else feel like the ancient coins needed is to high?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Happyshinigami, May 23, 2019.

1. Happyshinigami

Spent 2 hours farming yesterday and got about 2400 protty fins. I feel like the amount of coins needed for the last 2 things (the boats) in the amount of time is unachievable. Anyone else having the same luck or is there something im missing.

flukeSG1 likes this.
  2. Maginha

No, but the time, energy and cp to build one of these by yourself is immense, so its fine if this quests are hard af...

Purr, Rahnxah, Luxea and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

Seems fine to me. It's just BDO's version of RNG. You either deal with it or pay to advance.

4. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Considering how long it takes to actually build one I think it makes sense to make it slightly difficult to get it from the event. Frags are good value and honestly just selling the coins straight up might be best value for some as well.

5. Happyshinigami

Thatd be around 100 hours of farming, to get the first boat.

6. Happyshinigami

Could be my luck with drops than, will try some more today regardless. Worst case i get boss gear

7. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

The requirements are very harsh..it's a little over 1 billion value of trashloot you need to collect for the frigate. Wouldn't be a problem if the place wasn't overun by people 24/7 and the event time being only 2 weeks.

Draconnix, Josh28 and Fearless V like this.
  8. Kripion

The trash from sycraia ruins and the abyssal one isnt that bad, got 108 coins from 6h of the grind yesterday.

HOWEVER i will probably not bother to stack those and buy fregate... Coins to Mem Frag ratios seems to be most profitable.

Draconnix and Fearless V like this.
  9. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Just get the sailboat with shakatu seals or buy it if you don't wanna craft it. Now you will have significantly fewer event items to farm.

10. Happyshinigami

Oh damn, it is 2 weeks, thats a bit better to get some of those mem frags, I'll probably go down that route, itd be easier for me to farm out the materials to the sailboat over farming the event. I will see though at the end of it, i am just saving the protty fins till the end, i know i need 120,000 for the sailboat. Yesterday i got lucky with farming, granted i was only on for 2 hours but i was not bugged during that time by players, unfortunately i just dont have the time to put 50 hours a week of grinding for that boat, sucks cause i do like the event.

11. GreyRebel

People who tested it , said that you can get 10k trashloot a hour if u have scrolls

12. Aku_MasterofMasters

Requirements too steep to even consider going there along with massive contesting... safe to assume this event to some is wasted potential.

flukeSG1 and Fearless V like this.
  13. Happyshinigami

I didnt use scrolls but i am using everything else, got a full team of t4 pets, got the buffs going. Granted this is the first area, but my ap at max with buffs is like 210 maybe 215, so i know im stuck in the first area lol, protty fins or bust. I dont think a scroll will add that much more, id be happy with 6k tbh lol

14. Happyshinigami

Not only sleep, but if you have work or anything else factored in there lol, i do agree with ya, couldve been fun but they made something that was supposed to be fun into a grind

flukeSG1 likes this.
  15. GreyRebel

idk how accurate the numbers are tbh , i didnt test those myself . but i assume it depends on how free the area is , and what class you have , plus how lucky u r , and idk node lvl too ?

16. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

So you guys wanted a free frig?

The price for the frig is not that 1,4b silver on the market place, is your freaking sanity.
    You should be happy you even have a chance to go for it without gathering corals.

Purr likes this.
  17. Happyshinigami

Yea i know, i just mean it varies which is what youre saying, so i do agree. And i do feel like my 2400 might be on the light side but at the same time i didnt have to compete during that time so i really dont know lol, i do know my lucks bad with drops :(. Node level will help but i mean, it shouldnt be mandatory for the first ship, the frigate, yea i can totally see a heavy grind to get, the other should be in the middle, to where you gotta work for it but not to heavy to where it becomes a job in time put in.

18. Happyshinigami

This isnt off of getting the frigate, but even if we were looking at the frigate, the time i put in is more than doubled. To the point where it isnt a real option, at which point why have it there? To get people interested in the event and not allow them to get it. I do think the frigate should require a big investment to get since it takes several months to make (have been making one for a bit so i get it) but the point of a event is to give back to the community and allow them to have fun participating. The killing is fun, the scenery is beautiful so part of it is accomplished but the amount of material for the frigate in this case since it was brought up isnt achievable unless you can effectively farm the underwater stones since itd take a whopping 480,000 of the material im talking about. Which is why im only really talking about the sailboat, that should at least be achievable without the problems i stated before ^_^

Angar likes this.
  19. YouShallnotPassz

20. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

Considering the huge time sink that is building a Frigate (the absolute pain of getting 25 designs and don't talk to me about the jade corral ingots), I feel like if it doesn't require you to grind 6 - 8hrs a day straight for 2 weeks then it isn't high enough.

Leniir, Krusty, Maginha and 1 other person like this.