1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else dislike some of the new music?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Anvilus, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Anvilus

I mean Glish the most, but some other themes too, like Biraghi den, Orc camp, even Balenos Forest. All those themes were super epic before, Glish even made me stay in town to listen to it over and over, and new one lost it's epicness, it's a lot more quiet and calm. Balenos forest is super calm now, before it was epic. Biraghi Den and Orc camp themes feel very forced, and they don't even loop anymore.
    Also the new Gehaku plain too, feels too over the place now, before it was short and sweet and it looped.
    Not all is bad though, new Velia/Olvia sound a lot better imo, as well as that Neutral Zone/King's forest vocal theme.

They said they'd allow us to listen to old music as well when they first revealed the remaster back in december, but sadly it's not the case.

Anyone who listened to the new music, as well as old one, please give me your opinions, and send feedback to Kakao/PA if you can. Music is very important for the atmosphere and immersion, and some of the new one ruins it imo, it was one of the best things about BDO imo, especially the Glish one, which btw is the same melody as before, but doesn't feel as epic.

Thanks for any feedback you give me in advance! :)

unange likes this.
  2. Narui

I'm personally really enjoying the remastered music and ambient background sounds, I'm sure they'll add an option to toggle it at some point as they did state that was part of their plan.

Souda and cl2aze like this.
  3. Anvilus

I really hope they do. Well when you say you're enjoying it, have you heard all tracks? For example, new Calpheon is the same melody but sounds a lot more focused and sharp, a good improvement.
    But have you heard the new Glish? It completely lost its epic feeling, at least in my opinion, and it makes me very sad. Biraghi den also used to be one of my favorites pre-remaster (it kinda reminded me of Assassin's Creed 3's music). Have you heard those by any chance? If you like those too, ofc it's fine, I respect all opinions, it's why I made this topic.

4. Riselle

If you dont like the music turn it off. It better them the other crap that we had. Get over yourself and go list on to youtube music.

5. Anvilus

I don't play RPGs to listen to youtube music. Please compare new and old Glish and tell me new one is better, I must be deaf then. It's not a solution to ignore the problem and just shut it off.

Ganymede Sicard likes this.
  6. Narui

I'll certainly check those areas out. Whatever is playing when just south of Cron Castle is rather rough so I do agree it isn't all good.

7. Anvilus

Oh thanks for mentioning, haven't visited that one yet, will check it out. :)

I recommend you listen to Biraghi den, Orc camp, Glish and Balenos forest and tell me your opinion on those 4. In my opinion, it's a major downgrade. D:<

8. Thranduil

Wait are you telling me this game has sound?

valeren likes this.
  9. Dalenos

Yeah i turn off the music on all games it's distracting and the majority of the time it sucks all altogether >.>

10. Anvilus

I also checked Cron Castle itself, it's a rock concert in there, literally a rock concert, it's kinda weird, but I like it. :D

11. Anvilus

So no one else has any feedback regarding this at all? You're all fine with that god-awful transition of music in the Orc Camp in Serendia, or how they removed that epic Kaia mountain music (parts of it are now in Cyclops land only) and made it super calm instead. Or those unnecessary happy elements with the flute or whatever in Glish? Or the new Hexe Sanctuary which isn't creepy at all anymore? Or the new tribal music for Khurutos field in Calpheon instead of the old epic Dandelion music?

There is no way that the community is fine with this unless you turned off music in which case you don't know how epic the old music sounded in some parts. Plus the whole mount music being removed.
    As I said some things are well done, but others are completely ruined for me. Why didn't they add an option to loop music and to return to the old one if we want, like they said they would in December? D:<

12. MishkaII

Anyone else play muted ?

13. Anvilus

Ok I got proof for you, listen to this:

And compare it to the new Biraghi den/Orc camp and tell me the new one is better.

14. Dringe

I just want my mount riding music back.
    Riding through Balenos without hearing this isn't the same:

On a side note, I liked the old zones' music much more than anything since Mediah.

15. Anvilus

I hear ya. I personally used running mostly, since I have Talis set equipped, so wasn't really attached to mount music, but it sucks that they just removed it without giving player options.
    Now I will link an article where they said they'll give us option to return to old songs in september last year: https://www.mmorpg.com/black-desert...-remastered-by-european-orchestras-1000045665

I really hope they do this eventually. I really miss the old Glish, Biraghi den as I linked above, and such. :(

16. Veight

I've always had music turned off and have no intention of turning it on

17. Asterotis

cyclops land music was amazing before the remaster.

18. Anvilus

The new Cyclops land music is actually a remix of the old one, but the old one was a lot more action-oriented sounding and epic. The old one also played in majority of woods north and east of Trent, Kaia mountain and so on, giving the epic feeling when running through the Calpheon's forests. The new music there is either a remix of the old Treant Forest or something a lot more calm, and feeling of epicness is now completely lost there, at least for me (not to mention loop being removed, so now you constantly have to leave areas and go back if you want to listen to anything again).
    I really hope they let us get old music back if we want, like they said back in September.

19. Wildcard

... not even heard the OLD one tbh.

20. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

I like the new music as well, can't say if the old baragi or new baragi music is better.
    New nodewar music is also really really nice. Old one was good too tho