1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else feel their RNG is HORRIBLE?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Slixit, Aug 13, 2020.

  1. Slixit

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2018
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    10
    Sometimes I have a hard time believing that those % on enhancing is correct..
    I managed to fail making PRI accessory with above 70% chance 11 times in a row... My average PRI fail rate is like 6/10... that's still too high when I'm always above 70% chance haha And DUO or above is just.. nooooope
    Even this new Event earring where you have 80% chance, I managed to fail PRI 5 times..
    The odds of those things happening is so ridiculously low.... **** like that happens too often for me, I feel my account is cursed.. <.<

    Anyone else feel like me?
     
    Rosedunn, Cinnamongod, Oakley and 7 others like this.
  2. Khondo

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2016
    Messages:
    2,045
    Likes Received:
    1,700
    RNG is RNG
     
    PeaceInChaos, Souda and Jinoro like this.
  3. woots

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2015
    Messages:
    5,025
    Likes Received:
    3,906
    its how they push players toward the cash shop, so yeah necessary the rng is pretty "unpleasant"
     
    Oakley and Decoy#401 like this.
  4. zhagsten

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2016
    Messages:
    3,734
    Likes Received:
    3,646
    You don't have a personal Random Number Generator.
     
  5. GismoShow

    GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2018
    Messages:
    265
    Likes Received:
    149
    sadly it's only chance not probability...
     
    Chaos Ronin and Jinoro like this.
  6. onaco

    onaco Musa 62 EU

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2017
    Messages:
    459
    Likes Received:
    1,211
    I have failed an armor from III to IV 35 times in a row (iirc). With 26% sucess rate. People were literally telling me in server chat to stop hurting myself haha.
    Well I do not enchant gear anymore. If it doesn't suit you to enchance stuff, just try to save enough silver to get it yourself. Some people don't mind failing and blowing up their gear and can still see it as fun in a way. But a lot of people see it as their progress being completely destroyed and it just hurts. Number are just numbers. Have failed things with 90% chance as well, multiple times. You can always step on those remaining 10% ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some people are lucky, some are don't.
    Currently I'm grinding infinite potions, and noticed that for some people it takes 300+ hours for one piece, and some people get all 3 pieces in 50 hours. All you can do is just deal with it, and yes it really sucks.
     
    Jinoro likes this.
  7. Truthonly

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2016
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    60
    This issue has been going on my mind for a very long time too, this is how i feel:

    RNG has in BDOs case not really 100% to do with luck otherwise if i have a 70% chance of getting something and it fails 11 times to get it something is wrong, very wrong! I compara RNG in BDO to a Russian roulette, just the other way around, instead of having just one bullet in the cylinder, BDO has 5 bullets and only one free slot, so the probability of getting shoted is very high to say the least. In other words: it is a scam.
     
    Rosedunn, Cinnamongod and Sylo78 like this.
  8. Fearless V

    Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2017
    Messages:
    3,807
    Likes Received:
    3,317
    I think my RNG is avgrage for the low chances they give. Just got a TET griffon to go in 6 clicks on a 70 stack.
     
    PeaceInChaos likes this.
  9. Serendipity

    Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2017
    Messages:
    735
    Likes Received:
    563
    It is highly unlikely but not wrong, you have a 99.999823% chance to succeed doing 11 tries but it is not 100%.
     
  10. Truthonly

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2016
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    60
    Yes, but at a chance of 70% (from 0% to 100%) it is more than 50% (chance 50/50, 1 time yes or 1 time no) is 20% higher so it should at least by the second try be a "yes". Now, i dont know how the probabilitys in this game are calculated, but i am pretty sure they are not conceived to give us an easy life. Example: A quest! tells you to go somewhere and get this fish, or get an item from a monster and it shows you where to go, why dont we get that item or fish immediatly? Why must i spend hours, if not days, to get something the game tells me "it is there, and you need it to go further" i am not talking about some great gear, which i understand may be dificult to get.
    It does not matter, PA just wants us to play 24/7 at all costs, even at the cost of losing fun with the game, even at the cost of some getting addicted to gamblig at all costs.
     
    Rosedunn and MoonDance17 like this.
  11. zhagsten

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2016
    Messages:
    3,734
    Likes Received:
    3,646
    No it shouldn't. That's not how probabilities work.
     
    Serendipity likes this.
  12. Serendipity

    Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2017
    Messages:
    735
    Likes Received:
    563
    Exactly. You can calculate the probability of succeeding after a number of tries quite easily:
    1-(1-probability)^(number of tries).
    So in the example with 2 tries at 70% you have a 91% chance to succeed and therefore still a 9% chance to fail.
     
  13. Kagedancer

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2018
    Messages:
    470
    Likes Received:
    849
    I'm sure we all do, but tinfoil hat or no, I can say I have way more "WTF" moments of things failing 7 times in a row at a 60%+ success rate than I have experience being pleasantly surprised.
     
    Rosedunn and Cinnamongod like this.
  14. GnatGoSplat

    GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

    Joined:
    May 5, 2018
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    969
    Yes, I feel my RNG is terrible.
    On Seasons Tuvala gear where enhancement is supposed to be handicapped for beginners, my wife ended up with a full PEN Tuvala set. Me on the other hand, used up 4K in crons, completely out of enhancement materials, and now sitting on 1 PEN and the rest DUO thanks to downgrades with not enough time left in the season to make any difference since I only have enough time for 1 more weekly repeat quest.

    I'm done with enhancing. I'll leave that for the lucky people and buy all my crap. I'll be dumping my entire supply of enhancement stuff on the marketplace pretty soon. Wish we could sell all of it (valks, crons, etc) on MP seeing as how I have no use for it.
     
    Rosedunn, Cinnamongod, Sylo78 and 3 others like this.
  15. Denthors

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2016
    Messages:
    1,106
    Likes Received:
    882
    I can explain

    people always forget the decimals

    so you have 70. 000%
    if you roll 70.001% you fail

    the game only show 2 decimals

    the game proceed like this

    it roll 1 number
    0-9
    then another,then another,then another,then another,then another, a bit like the rolls of a slots machine and you get 5 9 6 7 5 that = 59.675 %
    you have to see it like this

    you dont have 70%

    you have 70000 chance on 100000

    that is if there is 3 decimals

    and we know for a fact there is more then 3 decimals, cuz some items have a drop rate of 0.0005%

    so you failing 11 time in a row if perfectly normal, also because its not YOUR personal chances

    the server just roll numbers and then you apply your modifier

    we are million of players requesting rolls to the RNG , he do his job of being RNG

    upload_2020-8-13_12-36-4.png

    some people have it ez some people will have it very hard but the most of them are in the middle

    also you have to ask yourself, why use an RNG in a game like this ?
    why do you think online casinos, created the RNG?
    to make profit, they can be configured to be in the flavor of the player or the Casino
    the publisher and the developers and the share holders of this game wants profits, its a fact, they're a business you know. the goal of the enhancement system in bdo is to make you spend money.
    every single aspect of it is around making profit.

    but dont get me wrong I hate it too , I failed 9 pri manos earring in a row, so I know the feeling
    it also took me over 100 tries to get my pen kutum. I believe you are not there yet
     
    #15 Denthors, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Oakley and PancakeRift like this.
  16. Vortexii

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2020
    Messages:
    1,863
    Likes Received:
    1,832
    I can give you some great examples of why you should ignore the majority of the community. It mainly stems from them being lazy and putting absolutely no effort or thought into their posts.

    All you need to know: Resistances where completely broken a few years ago. A roll was done on every single attack to determine if a CC landed. Thus if you had 120% resistance your chances would be far below 5% of actually resisting most CC's. The community in mass told people to just get resistances and couldn't figure out the system was complete broken.
     
  17. zhagsten

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2016
    Messages:
    3,734
    Likes Received:
    3,646
    Source of such claim?
     
  18. Boink

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2017
    Messages:
    1,722
    Likes Received:
    1,144
    Would have been easier to post a Bell Curve to show these numbers but you are right some will have the best results while others will have "continuous" bad outcomes to the percentages they are playing at. Until they reach a "limit", rung out of funds or just rage quit.

    Unless you are Bernoulli's "smart men" who believe in making "profit" from it by investing a HUGE number proportion to the % they are dealing with.

    The RNG in this game is WORST than Casino and that is how it makes money. They don't need to configure, hack, or change outcomes. They are favored starting at PRI.
     
    Rosedunn and KhaosThanathan like this.
  19. Serendipity

    Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2017
    Messages:
    735
    Likes Received:
    563
    :D
    Lol....that is the most fun explanation of how a RNG works.......totally wrong of course, but fun at least. Since programmers are in general pretty lazy (I am one, so I know) I would guess they just use a standard rng like mersenne twister (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_Twister). There is no need to actually bias the rng in any way. It is supposed to be random and the chances are already in their favor anyways.
     
  20. KhaosThanathan

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2019
    Messages:
    277
    Likes Received:
    448
    RNG in this game is bullsh*t and not reliable at all.

    There are probably several hidden factors at work that invalidate the displayed enhancement-probability.

    The same is true for other aspects of the game. Good example would be leveling up horse skills.
     

Share This Page