1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Hoping We Dont Get the Central Market?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LoganSilver, Jan 12, 2019.

1. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

When it was first announced, I was kind of excited. A bit cautious since this is PA we are talking about, but excited.

But after seeing people talk about exploit X or Y that allows players to make hundreds of millions of silver per hour (or even 500+) by abusing the way the marketplace works, I am kind of hoping we never get it.

Yes, some aspects of the new market sounded great. But I don’t want a change that kills the BDO economy overnight. Our economy is bad enough as is. We don’t need it worse.

What do you guys think?

Please don’t post specifics on how the “exploits” work. While they aren’t really exploits in the hacking sense, they are almost definitely unintended. I don’t want this post taken down. The information on the “exploits” is available via other public channels.

Kusaragii, WhySoSeeryus and Yulanda like this.
  2. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

hopefully the reason why its not implemented is because they are fixing all the exploits

3. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

In response to the title... Only people with poor silver-making abilities, people who are bad at seeing the big picture, and people who don't know what the flip they are thinking.

tylon and AZzalor like this.
  4. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

Feel free to disagree. However, it is always helpful if you explain your position.

Moreover, drawing broad assumptions with limited context and without explaining your reasoning doesn’t help. While I am by no means the richest player out there, I play the market often enough to make a profit, lifeskill quite a bit, have had 20+ billion liquid silver in my storage at times and make a good 6-8 billion silver each month without large payouts or SMH.

Yes, there is a lot of potential for profit from the new market by planning ahead and leveraging silver. But that is not what is happening on MENA.

tylon, Ben Phoenix, Two-Tu and 4 others like this.
  5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

Keep same MP as it is now or give us free MP..

Arreyanne and Factorial like this.
  6. Murderingspork

A free market would be crazy.

Two-Tu, Dalenos and Tvvin like this.
  7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

At least it will make item worth what they should be worth.

94mil for Dande is just not worth selling for... Just an example.

Factorial likes this.
  8. Dalenos

RMT will find a way to exploit this new mp to death. Let me explain for example o.O Random item that can be sold on mp that cost 1 silver and you are think 1 silver really >_> However when it comes RMT and bots they will farm hundreds if not millions of these 1 silver or items and others of higher prices to sell. So basically RMT will farm ten of thousands of the items of different silver prices. So in conclusions it's a really bad idea >.>

I can already see dande been sold for 10 billion silver or sharps or hards been sold 100 million silver or more >.>

9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

Wrong!
    Dandes will not be more than the pre-orders are right now. And a pre-order on +0 dande is under a bil...
    It just people will be more willing to sell them. Do you know how many boss gears I have in my inventory, sitting, not doing anything and waiting for free MP or higher prices (prices they should be sold for).. tons of boss gear, I just don't think 94mil justifies the effort to get it.

And yes they might be some Dandes sitting on MP for 10bil asnd guess what? Nobody will buy it, because they will always be someone who will post one for 9bil and so on, free MP will fix itself to correct price.

AZzalor likes this.
  10. Dalenos

Underestimate the greed of some people >.>

11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

Ain't nobody who has 10bil, needs a Dande...
    Ain't nobody who has 10bil, stupid enough to buy Dande for 10bil...

12. Dalenos

Are you quite sure about that o.O It has been know that in some games that either one person or a group of people have been known to manipulate the games economies >.> To the point they have a monopoly on everything and even arranged it to sell items at ludicrous if not insane prices <.<

#12 Dalenos, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  13. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

It's been talked about in 5-10 previous threads dude...

14. Fearless V

Outside of all the fearmongering about the new marketplace. I think the new BDO marketplace will be fine. For players who actual are involved in the crafting system. Everyone else who don't craft will find it a little bit harder.

But I offer you all another question tho....
    [​IMG]

Luxea likes this.
  15. Catastigma

Gold sellers.

Free market = Only viable way to play is play 6-7 account.

Making the much profit of afk/semi afk feature.

Get Million of billion and start gold selling for money.

i did this on Archeage and Lineage 2.. i dont want this. its annoying and the only way to be *Competitive*. Again super-whale. its not fun.

Free market = Extreme p2w. not anymore worth to play. exactly why L2/Archeage are still not worth to play today.

The High p2w is not in the Cash shop. the P2W is from Gold sellers. The p2w is from *player*.

#15 Catastigma, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    zhagsten, Dalenos and Arreyanne like this.
  16. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

Its already p2w, there are already bots, you can already buy silver online. What else are we missing? Oh yeah free MP

17. Catastigma

payout exploit can be easly fix.

Bots are banned over some time so thier impact is mitigate.

The only way to *share* silver is Payout. PA have just to make it the much unconveniant way.

Like by exemple 7 day cooldown guild. Require of 1 million Guild activity points.

zhagsten likes this.
  18. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 58 NA

But guess what, they will still post it on the market for that amount, and if you don't think they will I have ocean front property in Tucson AZ I will gladly sell you cheap.

Overpriced items now available at the Market! step right up folks! be the first in your social circle to overpay for your gear and accessories!

19. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

it wont, basic supply and demand, it will sit once its over priced

20. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

definitely the worst idea yet. We will have people posting sh*T to what ever the heck prices they want. I twill be pretty much like those trash MMOs out there with free market in which the only way to obtain boss items is to get a drop while the maket is filled with insanely overpriced items.

Smileybones and Arreyanne like this.