1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Hoping We Dont Get the Central Market?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LoganSilver, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Murderingspork

Exactly. Itll basically be like vindictus's market (dont know if you've played it or not). It'll be a disaster. Luckily it doesnt seem like itll be a free market which is great news

Dalenos and Tvvin like this.
  2. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Vindictus only does their pve right and some characters imo. Everything else is terrible lol

Oh actually this song is perfect

3. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Witch 60 NA

But if prices get too high and players stop buying. Wouldn't that cause players to lower the prices back down, till players are willing to buy again?.Making prices stabilize at a reasonable price range. Do you agree, if not than why?

4. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I don't think the in-game economy is in a stable enough place to handle a sudden change to free market. The imposed caps are currently acting as a safe guard from sky-rocketing prices that would result if all the SMH/Guild Payout exploit silver was mobilised. To be clear, I don't think all SMH guilds or large payout guilds are exploiters, but it is certainly happening and we can see both guilds and players looking to buy and sell large amounts of silver for real world cash in chat already.

Yes, the market would eventually normalise, but there would be a lot a damage done in the mean time. Any change toward a free market would have to be a gradual and tightly controlled process

Andaro likes this.
  5. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

What effort is it to put an alt to a boss position and to log over to it, hitting it a few times and being rng lucky to get a box.
    So much effort. There is more effort involved in SMH than this lol.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  6. Dalenos

This is why vindictus is dead now and only the whales who buy gold still play.

Tvvin likes this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

What does that have to do with anything?

He feels 94 million isnt enough so he hoards them instead like any other smart player would do....Pretty much end of story.

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Vindictus is dead cause of its business model, and failed marketing strategy. Along with the western markets disgust with gambling mechanics.

Fearless V likes this.
  9. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

It has a good chance to end up just like every other MMO with a free market, everything will be overpriced. Ok and Ill agree the pricing for most items on BDO are not the bestest in the west, at least they are priced where players can afford them whether they just started the game or have played since release.

With this market update the game will be just like every Western MMO around, the rich get richer and new players are screwed. If they are going to implement this then go all the way and make it so when my BF starts playing I can just send him the extra set of boss gear and boss weapons in my storage, just like every other western MMO.

No need to grind for gear, here let me give you a set of tri boss gear and weapons

10. Fasque

Hello!

I can only talk for myself here and from my own personal point of view. So please don't feel offended by anything.

I have to say that the new Marketplace scares the **** out of me. And it might be a quitter if it will turn out to be as I expect it. I don't use the MP to make my money. Most I'm earning is through npc interactions, life skilling or grinding. If I drop some Bossgear I do let it rot in my inventory because I usually just can softly smile at the prices, and on the other hand I don't wanna let potential apes running around with gear I dropped. I know selfish, mean and a little bit stupid, but the possibility to make hearts with Kzarka boxes or Nouver-smileys in my inventory is warming my heart.
    So no big gains for me.

Thing is that I do bid on things. And yes, I do love to bid and to win bids. Also I do think that the Bidding system is a really fair mechanic which helps newer players who can't effort insanely high preorders to buy some Bossgear. We have to mention here that a person who has only his low geared lvl 58 Character (for example) can't farm any Boss efficiently, except of Mudster and rednose because especially field bosses have no chance to drop their rare item, if you aren't in the 1st loot group which most likely won't be the case. So new players do rely on the Bidding a bit more than the oldies imo.
    Sounds weird now, but I do also bid on almost every Pearl item or Bossgear piece. Hell, I have hoarding tendencies - And I better don't calculate how many billions I've spent in the last years to equip my characters (I have all classes at least at lvl60) and give them costumes to make them look pretty... I love that and the Marketplace as it is right now with the bidding system. It's a major part of the enjoyment I have in this game.
    What I want to say is, that if there is a preorder only system, wich is dominated by ridiculous preorders, without my beloved bidding... I'd be really really dishearted.

Well, You peeps will now maybe say "move your ass and make money then and join the preorder party". Thing is, I personally think that money is already a bit too important in bdo. I don't think that the goal of a game should be to come back from work and playing an mmo to go on with working.
    I am very scared that with the arrival of the new mp the maincontent of bdo will be how to make the most money in the shortest time that we all can pay retarded amounts on gears, certain materials or whatever. This would open up another problem for me which is called Pearl Items.

I have no Idea how this topic will be adressed by the new Marketplace. But if the prices of Pearl Items are also raising I might will have the first time concerns about Pay to win. Because in case that it should really turn out that it will be all about the money in the end and Sellers will be able to make 5 times the money with selling pearl items... then this would be a huge adventage. A really huge one... so huge that not even I can ignore it anymor.
    I didn't cared so far about the 500kk somebody can make per week with selling costumes. tbh I was happy so far cs I like to buy them ;P
    But if we're talking about Billions of possible income by spending 150Bucks... then it's another topic.

Anyway, keep in mind that english is not my native english, but I hope you understand what I want to say.
    Please don't hate me now :)
    greez

MoonDance17 and Buxx like this.
  11. Buddypal

When you try to snipe Urugons for almost one year to no avail then ANY market than the actual market in BDO is a welcome place!

Cheekyman, Maginha and Fearless V like this.
  12. Kelt Rand

I'm nervous the new marketplace will be a train-wreck. PA over-complicates any change they make on anything. I think you’ll see silver whales able to place preorders on 10 high value items and better spread their $50 billion versus sink it on 3 preorders which they can do now one at a time.

New players will be pretty much “locked” out of participating in the market in any meaningful way.

Modest upside for crafters & life skillers, big winners here are SMH’s.

13. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I don’t think change is bad. I fear when they try to change too much though. Grouping 0-+5 and other tiers of items leave the system open for abuse. I wouldn’t be worried about a marketplace system overhaul. But after what happened in MENA, I am concerned.

The price of urugons will go up. It will still be capped at like 3x the current price at most. You will be able to get urugons a bit easier but will pay more and likely a bit closer to the current preorder price.

Items like Vell’s Heart will be caped at 3x the current price. You just won’t be able to preorder for 10x the market price. Large wait lists will likely form to preorder these items.

Pearl items prices are not impacted by the new price controls.

14. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Source? How will they be handled then if theres no bidding? Everyone preoeders VPs for the exact same price and the first one gets it? Creating a line of thousands to just waot weeks until its ones turn?

15. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I don’t have a source, other than poster comments from MENA on reddit. Pearl items can’t be preordered for higher prices and are fixed price.

16. LightningFFXIII-4

We need this new market now. I'm sick of trying to snipe Magic Pickaxes since the preorder for these things are 5mil.....

Other things i want to buy but i can't with this current market: Memory Fragments, Caphras.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Any magic tool is well worth 5m, just stop being cheap.

18. BboydD

I'm afraid about the line system for rare items. For example with the vell's heart. 1000+ people will place a preorder on this item. The max preorder is caped. Then when you place your PO you must wait that the 1000 other people before you recieve their PO. You can wait more than 2 years to recieve your vell's heart.

19. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

They should just keep the current market, then add a "central market storage" so i can place my items/silver there and access the market from wherever i am.

I would very much like to have enough silver to snipe TET pieces when i grind in Valencia, or Kama, or Drieghan or do cooking/alchemy/gahtering in any of the other areas. With some luck you can easily spend a few billion silver on the market, having 5-10b in each major town is not something for the masses

Fasque likes this.
  20. T800

Seems like Central Market release, have been postponed in Taiwan:
    But i am not fully confident in the google translation.
    https://www.blackdesert.com.tw/News/Notice/Detail?boardType=1&boardNo=2288

Seems like they are set to do it, as soon as Beta test in MENA is over.