1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else terrified of succession?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by XkiviX, Oct 24, 2019.

1. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 61 EU

I sort of liked Archer ever since it came out.
    Definitely had trouble picking a main until this one came out, however I can't stand the crossbow. Animations comparing to bow animations are weak, and in general I'm not a pew pew crossbow fan, animation locks are horrible as well however what pisses me off the most is that the reason they're making succession a thing is to reverse the gameplay change of the classes and to reverse forcing players to play awakening instead of main hand due to it being stronger. So how about the players who chose a class for the awakening? I use like 2 skills from crossbow, the rest is all bow. And now if the crossbow is stronger I'll be forced to of course rerol because awakening side of the class will be useless and we can't use both. Would've been better if they put succession in place of main hand and allow us to keep awakening to have some sort of choice. Now it's one of the other, making another awakening out of main hand skills and **** everything else.
    Some classes main hand play styles are better like tamer, maehwa, ranger is cool with both in use, Archer would become absolute uselessness.

Let's also not forget that we had bow with us from level 1.

Reworking main hand weapon and keeping the awakening would be a better choice, just saying.

#1 XkiviX, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Lorienil, Sandrituky and Xenxix like this.
  2. stalas

yea but the reason behind this succession is to get easier gameplay for each class for console mostly.

For the fact that main become better than awakening ... i dont think so, i check all class so far and maybe only dk and ranger look better but like ranger ... u looose so much for this boost :#. i think maybe zerker maybe good to in fact this class get **** by awakening since like ranger use bow and awak force to mele :?..

Zerker mele brute and boom now u need to use range ?? Same for DK WTH its range class ... so they focus more on these for succession ofc cuz player was frustrated by awak on these class.

For archer we will get what ? more 1shot snipe skill and less aoe, and less protection...+ we arleady loose S BLOCK... i dont think this succession will make u 100% protect + 100% CC spam + big movement .
    Archer movement combo use.

-glide/meteor/piercing cry/glide/zephyr leap/glissade (to regen stam + block) and repeat.+ shift lmb or spear or silvia SA to regen stam if u mest up and really get to 0 so movement is pretty much preawak. 5skill preawak 3 awak.

-longbow provide big mele dmg tho with shift E in close / S+F /luthdragon shift rmb.
    -Big aoe S+E biggest aoe kd in the game.
    -luthdragon most range skill in the game. + insane healing
    -nuke good dps vs pack player

-so yea succession archer = bigger snipe shot better mobility to fish for CC But u loose healing + aoe dmg + mele insane dmg combo.
    -so worth it ? Depend if we keep luthdragon + glissade or S+E or nuke ... i feel like we are going to keep the nuke and S + E so we keep range dps and loose the mele dmg

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

what makes u think archer even gets a succession? :)

4. Tristesse

Agree .. we are one of the newer classes so we might not get it. What would be fine for me...

XkiviX likes this.
  5. Dulces

Well, archer never really "awakens".

Same goes for Shai.

Who knows what they plan to do for them.

XkiviX likes this.
  6. Kripion

And what if they transfer Luthragon and Piercing light into crossbow?:) It looks like similar thing happens with other classes succesion.

Dnt forget that crossbow have winged strike, piercing, and BETTER zephyr

FYI: im all for greatbow - it looks better, sounds better and has better looking and working skills (except the speed of zephyr leap)

7. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari Archer 62

To those that aren't familiar with succession, they CAN make crossbow more greatbow oriented, with viable protections and better animations, tho I don't think they will since we are the only modern class that starts and plays seamlessly with both stances, it would be a design downgrade.

What they can do is an exception to the rule, open up every skill tree, allowing us to choose which absolutes and successions we prefer (you don't need to pick ALL succ skills, for example I hate new Gale on Musa so I keep the absolute skilled instead) and nerf a bunch of awakened skills. This would also effectively make Archer the only class that must pick succession to stay afloat.
    Remember succession is also getting new passives and new combat mechanics different from class to class, I wouldn't just turn it down because I dislike crossbow, let's see what they come up with

XkiviX likes this.
  8. Alcathoe Noctis

I think I read somewhere not everybody gets succession. I think archer gets no. He is already very simple regarding game mechanic thus consoles. Also I think they buff the succession very much in future so you will role to it. Like descending current from Ranger and other grind dmg also large scale dmg. Like always we have to adapt. But like I said I think archer will be untouched. So we may role to Ranger success as archer player. LUL

XkiviX likes this.
  9. Artorias_Dusk

My guess is, that succession is the first step to an PvP overhaul. There will probably be an awakening succession too. Think about it, the mouse movement fix is the next step.

XkiviX likes this.
  10. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 61 EU

I wouldn't mind seeing what they would do with awakening succession. Honestly if they want to implement succession they will also have to rework awakenings as a lot of awakening skills are connected to pre awakening skills. what they gonna do, remove the skills and keep only few for awakening?

11. Artorias_Dusk

I'm nlt going for pre awa succession, I play warrior because the greatsword xD

12. hightech

You will never get it to fit to everybodys liking.