1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone have this pet peeve......

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Icon-Army, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Icon-Army

Why do all the females that wear heels act like they are still using them when they are off?
    I realize this is small but with a game that is amazing in detail this seems like an oversight. I mean come on they let you view the underwear for a reason like the water park (You dirty person I know what you thought)

Anyway it is just very jarring to me anyone else?

Ardinen, VasilisD, GreyRebel and 7 others like this.
  2. Xeniph

It's the same in RL. Female Models since the 30's always arch their feet in pictures. I guess for some reason standing flat footed has been deemed "unattractive"

3. Icon-Army

I guess I don't know how difficult it is to program. Good to know I am not alone though lol.

4. Vanrir

it elongates the leg

you can check out this video to see how much of a difference it actually makes, you might not realise it otherwise

5. ghoulz666

@#$%in love all the excuses here as to why females ingame are running around with arched feet still with no shoes on.........

Sibyyl and WoollyWitch like this.
  6. Sibyyl

7. BDOMONSTER

its not different than many other postures and positions. We really like to pander to the female PC stuff in games but you ever look at the males? Big chest puffed out ALWAYS, broad shoulders pulled back ALWAYS, Stomach ALWAYS sucked in tightly, I can;t compete IRL, these dude NEVER SLOUCH never let gut hang out even a bit I guess for some reason always having perfectly straight back, chest out shoulders back has been deemed more attractive....

Reality check....its not "deemed" its just all an undeniable part of human nature that these type of things are characteristics that nature has decided humans will use to indicate which humans are "better" at least from a general physical traits standpoint.

8. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Well, except for the fact that this thread is not about female figure in the game. It's about literally having invisible high heels on the feet even when you take shoes off. You know, like the character is standing on tip-toes as if she has high heels on when she doesn't. If there is a male-equivalent feature going on, feel free to share it, but it sounds like you're here to have some MRA style rant.

I uploaded a picture below so you can see what people are talking about.

Picture is from user "GreyRebel" who also made a thread about this.

Attached Files:

#8 Assilma, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    GreyRebel, Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Nyhver

No, he's right

It's problem #1 because these devs and they don't do quite what they should when they should

and problem #2 they glossed over it because they took it for granted, because of course women even would still arch their feet with nothing on even when sprinting after someone

naturally

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Elessara

If I had to take a guess I would say that the developers didn't want to have to program in a dynamically changing character height depending on what shoes you might be wearing which is probably why all female shoes have heels (or wedges) of a certain height. Except maybe Shai but I haven't really looked at what her shoes look like.

Other games do similar things. In Aion (when I played it) the female characters' bare feet actually had heels which looked weird as hell. In TSW/SWL they kind of went the opposite way: most female footwear was flat and the rare times they actually put heels on something the heels were short because the heels didn't change the height of the character. All they did was shorten the leg to make up for the additional heel height - which is why the heels were always short; they didn't want people noticing too much.

The only game I have personally played that has treated heels correctly - as in, actually making the character taller when wearing them - was ArcheAge.

Assilma likes this.
  11. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I think it's technically too difficult, as @Elessara mentioned. In The Sims games 2 thru 4, when a character has heels, they actually shorten the legs in order to keep the height of the character the same.

Although I seem to recall Saints Row games treated heels correctly.

12. ghoulz666

Spare me that excuse. A dev studio with resources can't solve a problem a Skyrim modder can from their own basement for free.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. WinterMilla

Not to repeat what was said but, it would have to do with changing the high of those characters over and over. Of course I'm not saying a company that boast about making Billions of dollars couldn't do it. Since its won't make them money by fixing it then I highly doubt there will ever be a fix.

14. ghoulz666

I wouldn't expect it from these guys. They can't even fix the hundreds of NPCs floating in the air.

Factorial likes this.
  15. WinterMilla

How about the whip flash my horses gets or the auto pathing that gets lost?

16. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Because the skeleton these 3d models have are modelled and animated with those “high heels” on. Sadly they won’t change this anymore as it messes up the high heels if they change the skeleton to normal or they gotta make everything twice which is “too much work” for them I assume.

17. Foo

Foo

Bingo. They could have just reset the IK of the feet when they didn't have the armour on but i'd imagine they'd have to re-position some **** they can't be bothered to deal with

18. Icon-Army

Did not expect this to get so much attention.

Yes that is exactly what i am talking about.

I figure it would not get a fix. Just mostly wanted to see if others had the same Pet Peeve as stated it is a game about immersion and that is something that breaks it for me.

But yes they make billions and there are way more pressing things for them to fix. But I hope they might consider it one day.

Assilma likes this.
  19. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

We're talking about devs that can't fix a journal that breaks every time daytime savings time rolls around.

Assilma, Korvgubben and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  20. Aelisah

Bwahhaa reminds me in GTA5 when a woman would wear heels she would look like a giant next to the man XD it was so annoying. Couldn't make a fem shorter than the guy XD (No offense to tall ladies)

Leverage likes this.