1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone have this pet peeve......

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Icon-Army, Jul 20, 2019.

1. cloj

I think they should improve the foot model altogether. They hardly even look human. With such a big part of this game being the details in customization, the fact that the feet are looking the way they do and not getting the attention they deserve is representative of how ideas and tasks can get pushed back and forgotten in a game of this size. Therefore, I think it's up to the community at times to remind the devs that certain things deserve their attention.

I highly doubt that having to walk around on tip toes everywhere was supposed to be a permanent feature. They probably set it on the back burner as things needed to get fleshed out, balanced, and bugs needed to get fixed. They probably eventually settled and decided that it was going to be too much work to get the feet to work realistically.

Icon-Army and Smileybones like this.
  2. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

ty for mentioning , but pic isnt from me , i found it on internet , my char isnt that ugly !

Assilma likes this.
  3. Zephyland

Altho I think this is just lazyness/oversight/non-prioritized from the devs, it might be more interesting to think of it as a trace from old chinese culture.

"It was an excruciatingly painful practice that maimed the feet of millions of Chinese girls and women for centuries: foot-binding." -CNN

"Tiny "golden lotus" feet -- achieved through breaking girls' toes and arches and binding them to the sole of the foot with cloth " -CNN

Google-search "foot binding" for more information about the topic.

4. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Game has a million issues and that is none of them. Maybe just leave the clothes on. I did not even know this was a thing, might be related to my character always having his clothes on.

Aelisah likes this.
  5. cloj

Exactly the attitude that allowed this issue to continue in the first place. I get it. There's a ton of things that could be improved in numerous ways but these things vary in importance from person to person. You may with absolute certainty believe that this issue deserves less attention but another person may believe it deserves just as much attention if not the most. I don't think I need to provide examples because if you just take a moment now to think about it I'm sure you can see this truth too.

Smileybones and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

The thruth is, this "bug" does not interfere with your playing experience and can not even appear, unless you play without shoes or in underwear for whatever reason. It does not get you killed, it does not block your vision, just nothing. I bet 99% of the playerbase not even aware of this issue existing, which my be the reason why it is still there.
    It took them 3 years to fix fall damage in rbf and almost 2 years to fix the bug that cooking utensils always left 1 dura and you stopped before making the last craft of a batch.

7. Aelisah

Flat bare feet r ugly anyway xD who looks at that
    (And I made screenshots of my char in terrmian waterpark 2 years ago and never noticed untill now xD)

8. cloj

Of course. You're right about that. It doesn't interrupt gameplay or halt progress but it does affect the gaming experience and more for some than for you is my point. There's no need to marginalize this issue because other issues exist or because it doesn't affect you personally. Fact is, it is affecting people. Beauty and character customization is of the biggest attractions to this game for many folks, and many I'm sure have not voiced their opinion but were disappointed upon looking and realizing what is occurring below the ankles.

9. Dalenos

[​IMG]

I find female outfits without heels unattractive.

10. Sibyyl

[​IMG]