1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Appeal/Poll] Changing the walk-function

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ebonwood_Avaria, Nov 12, 2017.

?

I agree with the said points below!

1. Yes!

97.4%
  2. No.

2.6%
  1. Ebonwood_Avaria

- Prologue -
    This is the formal and constructive thread our dear GM/CM said is required for the wanted chance to the walking-function, so please keep calm and post constructive comments so this has a reasonable chance of being noticed!

Dear GM/CM team,

as you may have already heard a big part of the community is not very happy about the recent change in the walking-function. I will refer to the initial thread linked here.

I was watching this very closely and, as a former English RP and since 03/2016 German RP player, I enganged in this discussion plenty of times, on German non-official BDO-RP-forums as well as the official English BDO-forum.

Let me get to the point - I read many feedback and plenty of recommendations about how to change the walking for good and this seems to be the common denominator of them all (and my proposal in the name of the community):

• Walking should be a toggle button.
    • After activating the walking-toggle any movement is being walked (regardless of WASD or autorun)
    • This button has to be changeable like any other button assignment.
    • If the walking-toggle is activated, the autopath-run will be in walk too.

And to finish this off, big thanks to the GM/CMs for the possibility to let us be part of this game development for once and letting us feel like we are being heard - this is, for me personally and probably for the whole community, a great sign for the future of this game!

I wish you all a great day!
    ~ Avaria

@GM Caramel @GM Haliaeetus

~ ~ ~
    Update 1:
    Update 2:
    The initial thread(linked here) got marked as fixed/solved.

#1 Ebonwood_Avaria, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
  2. Anasasiel

I agree with the said points.

3. Isandril

4. Kinman

This would be the best solution. I agree.

5. Lambest

The biggest issue I have with the change is moving about in residences, or other small spaces. Sure, I can walk tandem down the road with a friend and rp as we go... oh no wait I can't because capslock is on.
    When the autowalk, capslock feature is on, turning is a pain. Your character makes wide arcs instead of sharp, controlled ones, again making it difficult to navigate around furniture and the like and you wind up walking in circles to get the right angle.

Sanivia, Foxsworn, Vix and 3 others like this.
  6. solochoowookie

Yes. I agree. I am so very frustrated by this it has killed my game play. A game I loved and was playing for hours everyday, now I dont. Grrr.

Thank you for setting this up!! I find it hard to be civil at this point.

Ebonwood_Avaria likes this.
  7. Mikarion

I agree with the points.

8. Asteros

I agree with this completely! My experience with this new method makes walking feel like driving a stick shift. I have to make sure I have no autopath selected in my map first, face the direction I intend to walk, hit caps lock, and then hit T to just walk in the direction of my camera. Sometimes I forget the caps lock part and I just take off.

If the toggle button for walking could be ANYTHING but capslock, this experience would be improved. That way we can still talk and type, and not have to scream dialogue or descriptions at our friends.

9. ElPsyKongroo

10. Akaru

+1 to this.
    My stance on walking as it is now has already been expressed in several places; needless to say they should really stop sweeping the current issues with the mechanic under the rug; if we let this go, then where do we draw the line?

11. Orisen

12. Maevan

Yes please!!! Fix this, we want the old walking back!

13. Juuken

Agreed.

Only one point to add. The walking toggle should not interfere with writing in the chat. As it stands now, Caps Lock screws everything up in the chat.

Also, please keep an eye on this thread as well.

14. Doriandre

I sign, please, send us our walk!

15. Clairemarie

I sign! >.< Please

16. Ceresayaria

17. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Other than the fact some of you need to open up settings & rebind walk to a different key. i'll support this just coz Pearl abyss need more kick in the pants for not thinking ahead!

Ebonwood_Avaria likes this.
  18. Sappho

Yes, please, fix this!

19. Akaru

Currently rebinding the manual walk key doesn't work at all, and it also grew tedious to constantly hold down the key (no matter what it was binded to) back when it did work. Even the makeshift toggle with the numlock workaround was a bit tedious to do (actually it grew more tedious as time went on imo).

What we're asking is not only for manual walking to come back fully repaired, but with an added toggle function for stress free ease of use; it's harmless and should take little effort to implement, so why not listen to our request?
    It would also be in the developers best interest to listen to us on the little things, because it would show they're capable of good will; It's something that they very much need to show right now after all that's happened lately, else they split the rift between them and the community just that much more.

20. Maevan