1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Application error xcoronahost.xem crash

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TsothaLanthi, Sep 5, 2018.

1. ElectroStingz.

The point is to prove a fault not simply accept it, if you are able to do that and supply evidence it may help them / you isolate the issue.
    Thank you for answering, from this point forward I will no longer bring the subject up as all has been said.

2. Ajow

Yeah! What he said!

PA are you even paying attention to your community?

GM's are AWOL on this issue as is PA.

Nothing but an innocuous Tweet.

Randell Jones‏ @RaddellJones Oct 3

Hi Lithium, any update on the Application error xcoronahost.xem crash

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

Black Desert Online‏Verified account @BDO_News Oct 3
    Afraid not. When we have more information players will be notified. Our apologies for the issues and ongoing inconvenience caused. ~Lithium

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

Thank you for your honesty.

Honesty? Is that the Best you have PA?

I say ...Evasion and deceit from PA to keep us strung along buying Pearls with the hope of a fix. Your all a sad sack! And I feel duped.

StrangeCloud likes this.
  3. Ditko

Hahah Ajow while no fix no response from PA no afk income for us last couple of days someone is duping the market for good in 2 days saw 70 basi belt got posted in packs of 10 -12 at the same time why we bother with this unsupportive full of holes game dont know XD . And before all begin to shout this was cause of event box this was before event day. Anyways PA support must get a Noble price for worst support ever in game history . I vote for that with all my heart .

PS I am trainer and in the last month manage to lvl 1 lvl on my T8 horse i am full of joy and happiness ^^ Enjoy fix maybe after expansion as i said before ^^ Which for sure will come with tons of bugs of course , PA support must keep their good name ^^

StrangeCloud and Ajow like this.
  4. Nicci

To the person that thought I could be a GM, I'm not. I'm just good at reading between the lines and I know their industry.

About that, what I read from this quote from Twitter is as follows:

"I'm sorry, but we haven't heard anything either. If we hear anything we'll let you know."

Which, if they aren't hearing anything at all, means that they are not receiving periodic updates. No periodic updates means no one is working on the issue. Which means someone probably said:

"Look, we tried to reproduce it and we've got nothing. There are workarounds, this doesn't affect everyone, and we can't spend forever doing this when we have other work that's gotta get done now. We'll have to come back to this later."

Which is an understandable... however -- it means that more than likely, no one is working on it at all. Sadly, I agree that it's probably going to be well after the expansion launch that anyone looks at this, and it's going to cost them more than a few players. I'm wondering if they will even fix it at all now that they are throwing out the "upgrade to windows 10, windows 7 is only good for a couple more years anyway" response. Additionally, to everyone here that wanted reimbursements: I strongly suspect that if there is no "fix" done ever, it will also mean no reimbursement will ever come for you either. RIP.

5. DireWolfClaw

Yes, the sad truth is that for something this intermittent (there are plenty of win7 users not experiencing this, and even those of us who do can go periods of hours without it happening), it would actually take a relatively well paid engineer going line by line through the code changes for 9/4 to figure out what's wrong. Given how tedious that is, it would generally be faster/cheaper to completely rewrite it.

As Nicci said, they simply aren't going to do that for a few hundred people having this problem. Unless one of us can actually reproduce and isolate the cause of the bug ourselves (which because xigncode is a black ****ing box is probably impossible), it's not getting fixed.

6. MajorHeadache

STILL CRASHING!!! oh, and guess what...

Their response via ticket is basically that Win7 is too old to bother dealing with resolving said issue!! They ARE NOT going to fix this according to my tickets!! They want you to move onto Win10 so THEY can save their time and money on making MORE money.... to go buy Eve Online for $450mil.... etc. You know, wise expenses while your bread and butter investment TANKS!!!

They KNOW it started on Sept.5th patch, yet want to try to blame everything NOT their code!

It is VERY sad... and I actually thought that once they upgraded server management and ISPs back then, that they started to give a sh!!t.

Legcramp3 and StrangeCloud like this.
  7. Von_Chicanery

Fix this problem.. and fix it soon.
    I sweat to F******** CHRIST, I will update this post every GD day until those F***S across the pond do SOMETHING ABOUT..
    AND I BE GOD D****NED IF I'M INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 TO PLAY YOUR GAME. MF'ERS

Today's update:
    Problem still here. Started Sept 5, which they know and have done nothing.
    Last night I could stay online for about 30 minutes before getting the error/crash.

#247 Von_Chicanery, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Legcramp3 and StrangeCloud like this.
  8. StrangeCloud

Still not fixed, I've contacted them many times. The support team just dodges questions or make you run in circles doing pointless things.

9. Cryptic Power

I have a guildie who is a paralegal and said there may be something that can be done legally. he said he will check in on it and let me know. The issue is much larger than they let on to be. Apparently it's not just a couple windows 7 machines, it is a lot of them. Their banter that it is a few is simply a lie. I am in a very large guild and Every windows 7 player I have spoken with is having this issue. Simply said, many of them have invested money into the game which means this issue is preventing them from accessing their paid funds and if they refuse to address said issue preventing people from accessing their paid assets, it can be considered theft or a crime. Additionally, this issue is being watched VERY closely by the Eve online players, whose game/company has been purchased by these people. Many of the windows 7 players I know of have already moved on and moved to other games taking the win 10 users with them as well. I have gone back to ESO with some other guildies as it looks like this game is failing badly right now. it is bleeding players like a siv and they don't seem to care enough to address this issue. I mean, this is a repeating issue, it has been fixed before back in 2017, do they not keep notes of their fixes?

Legcramp3, Von_Chicanery and Nicci like this.
  10. Von_Chicanery

-Updating Thread
    Problem still exists. Was able to stay on for 45minutes before crashing to xcoronahost.xem issue.
    Although the symptoms and causes are different, both people on Windows10(Crashing while app is trayed) and Windows7(crashing to xcoronahost.xem) issue.
    This is not an "Operating System Version" issue. Its a "the developers screwed up the code rolling out remastered issue".
    Fix the problem.

-GM's,
    Please relay the utmost contempt to your handlers across the pond for dragging their feet on this.

Legcramp3 likes this.
  11. ACF-Gryphon_Moor

No surprise but the Issue continues even with work-arounds in place. Finally broke down and did at least some high level debugging. It is an xcorona centric issue, that is Triggered by BDO sending live updates down the pipeline. This apparently triggers a routine within windows to 'see' what is happening in Xcorona64. Windows 10 is built to handle that particular exception, while windows 7 has only a 32bit solution for it, which explodes spectacularly triggering the xcorona error we all see.

If collectively this cannot be resolved, having PA group their updates to be sent together as much as possible would really cut down on the # of errors in any given session at least.

Good luck! -- now back to trying to not just rage-quit as the client explodes over and over as dribbles of updates are sent down real-time hehe

12. Legcramp3

Tip #1 stop all buying in the pearl shop. <hit them in the income line of GL>
    Tip #2 would love for to someone bring up a class action. Nothing gets Corp attention like 10,000 joining a class action.

StrangeCloud likes this.
  13. Von_Chicanery

-Updating Thread
    Going on 5 WEEKS NOW Problem still exists. Was able to stay on for 28minutes before crashing to xcoronahost.xem issue.
    This is not an "Operating System Version" issue. Its a "the developers screwed up the code rolling out remastered issue".
    Fix the problem.
    Forcing Win7 compatibility on the client will allow you to stay logged in, the game is just unplayable in doing so. You can only AFK tasks and when you come back, you desync so bad you can't even move.THIS IS NOT A FIX..THIS IS NOT A FIX..THIS IS NOT A FIX...just something to keep the workers going while you fish until PA decides to fix the problem..

WE'RE NOT GOING AWAY AND WE'RE NOT UPGRADING TO WIN10.

-GM's,
    Please relay the utmost contempt to your handlers across the pond for dragging their feet on this.

Ajow likes this.
  14. Von_Chicanery

Said that to them 3 weeks ago. Nothing new, they just don't know how to fix it at this point. It happens when data sync is needed for item ownership. Storage/grinding/lifeskilling.. anything that involves items moving or requires data syncing

15. JeihnHoshei

Windows 10 user here having a similar but different issue. Same crashing but no pop up detailing what happened. Only difference is it's on my laptop instead of my desktop, desktop runs fine laptop is basically SOL. I barely use my laptop and it's an ASUS ROG with a GEForce 1060 card in it.

16. Ihmbreil

Same happening to me, game freezes then returns to desktop. After the nightly server reset my game client will not freeze and shut down- BUT, as time progresses the problem gets worse up to this afternoon not able to stay connected more than a few minutes before the game freezes.

I was hoping my return to BDO would be smooth and fun but not the case. Seems the only thing to do is uninstall and get my entertainment elsewhere. AND no I don't want to submit yet another support ticket that has me perform monotonous tasks that yields zero results.

17. Ravers

Ravers DarkKnight 62

Nowhere in the fine print of purchasing pearls or the game does it state that connection to the game is guaranteed as far as I am aware. Not being able to connect is no basis for a lawsuit. Not a whiteknight here, just being honest.

Is this going in to week 5 now? And still going strong with the errors

18. Von_Chicanery

-Up
    dating Thread
    PATCH DAY!!!! Can't wait for this problem to be ignore for going on 6 weeks.... do we get lube this week or still taking it raw>?
    Was able to stay on for 35mins last night before error occurred.

WE'RE NOT GOING AWAY AND WE'RE NOT UPGRADING TO WIN10.

When I'm cold, I just look at BDO code. That dumpster fire will keep anyone warm..

19. PM Horizon

Project Manager

20. Von_Chicanery

-Horizon
    1. I offered to help your tech support weeks ago try to work through this problem in real time and have been met with T1 helpdesk BS..

2. Your developers have yet to even publicly acknowledge the issue in patch notes and now they want people to force crashes on their PC's, as if it remotely relates to why the application is crashing..

Its not hard to replicate for f**** sakes..

Install Win7 SP1, install all updates, set up to AFK ANYTHING.. WALK AWAY...... come back 1h-5hr's later... you'll see the problem.
    Hell, I'll give you remote access to watch it happen if BDO's technical team is this incapable of replicating a problem...

However, I'm not doing monkey tasks like crashing my own PC.. this is buffoonery..

Send me a PM if someone across the pond wants to do something intelligent..

Legcramp3, StrangeCloud and Wet Cake like this.