1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Application error xcoronahost.xem crash

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TsothaLanthi, Sep 5, 2018.

1. somethingsomething

I have access to 4 accounts and all crash on windows 7.

2. somethingsomething

Nope, not fixed in this patched either and quest log is broke AF too.

3. ignuss

Now theres a 1000% exp buff event; and of course we cant do it cuz we risk disconnecting every 5 min and dying to mobs...do we just pray to rngsus like we do for enhancing that we dont disconnect?

4. Ajow

And here we all sit still waiting for a fix you promised to us weeks ago!

I'll remind you PA: September 5 is when you broke the game for us.

So I ASK?

Compensation for recent DDoS issues

1 x Heartfelt Gift Box III

This contains:

GM's Lucky Box x1

GM's Blessing 2 (1h) x3

Book of Training - Skill (3 Hr) x1

Book of Training - Combat (3 Hr) x1

[Event] Item Collection Increase Scroll x3

If the above is the compensation for having to deal with a laggy server for a week (by the way PA the work-around for the xcoronahost error we are all using lags us out so much we can't even participate in combat!), then I can't wait to see what your planing for the hundreds of us having the
    Application error xcoronahost.xem crash.

Oh! My BAD! You actually have to fix it FIRST!

StrangeCloud likes this.
  5. StrangeCloud

Game is still broken as of 11/14

6. Nicci

I think 90 days of value pack would be about 2/3 of a reasonable compensation, if they managed to fix it this week.

7. MajorHeadache

Soooo.... now that Dreighan has been released, are you going to do anything about all of us that STILL cannot play for more than a mere 5-10minutes between crashes ever since September 5th patch?!?

Here is a picture of my 3rd crash within 30minutes tonight.....

Attached Files:

8. Ravers

Ravers DarkKnight 62

Oh urgent maintenance to fix mob spawns. Took them 1 day to figure that out, and here we are over 2 months later and don't even deserve a response anymore

Stillwaters likes this.
  9. BloodravenD

This really needs to get fixed, or should at least be a higher priority of getting fixed. I can't even play for more than 20-30 minutes without it popping up, which makes the current event impossible when you need to be online for 100 minutes to get a reward.

10. ignuss

definitely needs to be fixed asap already been 2 fking months. but its 100 minutes TOTAL for the day lol not at once, so you can still do that event.

11. BloodravenD

Oh really? Still, if it's gonna keep crashing, that'd just put me off from playing, and it'd be much better to just play something that doesn't crash constantly.

StrangeCloud and Stillwaters like this.
  12. holomovement

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet. It can't be that hard of a job. Why have you left us with this problem for so many months?

StrangeCloud and BloodravenD like this.
  13. TsothaLanthi

They claim they have no idea what's causing it.

I claim they haven't been looking. I mean they want our crash reports. Really? You can't install win7 on one of your computers and try to figure it out yourselves?

And so this again confirms what i've been saying all along, they do not want to fix it. They just want to force people to switch to win10. If they lose players from this, they've factored it in. I'm mostly a lifeskiller so i've been playing with the compatibility mode workaround since i started this thread. But soon i will go want to check oug Dreighan and go back to more active playing (meaning combat). What then? Against the right enemies you CAN get killed in the time of a freeze up. I mean even just doing relics weekly, i've lost out on a bunch of loot. If it so happens you get the freeze up when you're at the last boss, you're not getting that potential frag or the seal. It's got to the point i try to time my scrolls right when it's my turn to do them. I've still probably lost on a few millions because of this.

If i was doing any PVP i'd have stopped playing long ago...

StrangeCloud likes this.
  14. BloodravenD

Just as an update, I did find these directions which seemed to have fixed the crashing for me so far. I've managed to play continuously for close to 4 hours now without any crash.

1. Close the Game Client. Steam included (if your using Steam).

2. Open Microsoft Windows Defender

3. Make sure your up to date with your definitions, if not, do that first. (if you had to update your definitions go ahead and reboot your computer, leaving BDO and or Steam (or both) off.

4. Re-open Microsoft Windows Defender, click on Settings.

4a. Go to "Excluded files and locations", click in 'File locations': Then CLICK "Browse"

ADD the following files:
    1. xxd-0.xem (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\1\xxd-0.xem) "CLICK ADD"
    2. xxd-0.xem (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\2\xxd-0.xem) "CLICK ADD"
    3. xcoronahost.xem (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\2\xcoronahost.xem) "CLICK ADD"
    4. BlackDesert64.exe (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe) "CLICK ADD"
    5. BlackDesert64.dat (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\BlackDesert64.dat) "CLICK ADD"

5. Save Changes.

6 Close and re-boot.

Even though I don't have windows defender service running, doing these steps is what fixed my crashing, at least as far as I can tell.

TsothaLanthi and Koutai like this.
  15. Ravers

Ravers DarkKnight 62

Is that fix still working for you?

16. TsothaLanthi

I'm gonna try it in a few minutes. I'll be reporting back in the evening if it has changed anything for me.

17. TsothaLanthi

uh....guys............i'm at like three hours without a crash........HAS BLOODRAVEND SAVED US ALL!?!?!?

Huge if so. And worthy of being showered in likes. But don't jump for joy just yet. I'll reporting back in a further two hours. I don't know for you guys but 3 hours is already a feat and so i'm like 90% convinced as it is that it fixed the issue. At 5 i'll be certain because i have definitely NOT had 5 hours (or four even) without a crash ever since sept 5. If it is indeed THE FIX i intend to keep bumping up this thread for people to be made aware of it (can i change the title of my thread? If so i'll change it to xcoronahost issue fixed. And I then encourage everyone to spread it around everywhere. In fact, kakao/PA themselves SHOULD be doing this.

And i want to say.......NO THANKS TO KAKAO AND PA. Especially since it SEEMS to me the problem was RATHER SIMPLE so how come NOBODY figured something like this? Gives a lot of credence to my claim that they never even tried.

Anyway le'ts not shout victory yet....even if i'm really really tempted.

18. Soulcatcher 2

TsothaLanthi, that solution did not ultimately help me. I have seen this resolution before, in this thread, and tried it pro forma using Avast. It never worked. So when I saw BloodravenD's reposting of this workaround, I uninstalled Avast (more trouble than it's worth), and went back to Defender and Firewall within Windows 7 (64-bit Enterprise Ed.). After that, I configured Defender according to this process and had complete luck the first day (yesterday). However, today, I have crashed TWICE with the xcoronahost.xem error.

19. TsothaLanthi

YEah......i was gonna post and say that it is filled with utter devastation that i have to report that closing around 5 hours.........it crashed. It seems i have gotten excited too soon. That being said....i've never got that far before.....5 hours, no way. So.....could this mean it's kinda on to something? I mean recently when i tried (i usually play with the compatibility mode "workaround") i could barely last an hour. It can't be coincidence no? I don't know.... I mean you said yourself you had "luck" the first day. I don't think it can be attributed to luck if myself i've never done 5 hours. I want to believe there is a link

Soulcatcher 2 likes this.
  20. TsothaLanthi

at the very least i intend to do this for when i want to do relics or grind. I never grind for more than an hour or two but with the compatibility mode it was quite a risk because when you get the freeze ups...its long enough to get killed if you're not careful. Well it can be anyway