1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Application error xcoronahost.xem crash

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TsothaLanthi, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Soulcatcher 2

--
    Yeah, I guess you're right about that. It's no final solution to the problem, but anything that can buy you some time is a welcome change from the game crashing every 5, 10, 15, or whatever interval of minutes seem to patterns itself on a particular machine.

2. BloodravenD

Sorry, was going to post that while I was able to play for close to 7 or 8 hours without a crash, it did end up crashing after that. Still, having that much play time is a huge step, at least we aren't as hindered in what we can accomplish. Just a shame that it's not a permanent fix.

Soulcatcher 2 likes this.
  3. Von_Chicanery

Please stop with the brain dead "firewall workarounds". These do not work and have nothing to do with the problem.
    This is an issue with the Xigncode version for Windows 7. I've stated this multiple times, in multiple tickets, working with "tech support".
    The ONLY, and I DO MEAN ONLY, "WORKAROUND" is running in compatibility mode, which you cannot grind or pvp in. The most you can hope for is to AFK process/fish/cook/lifeskill in general.

They can reproduce the problem, without issue. Its likely some client sync keepalive that's tripping Xigncode. It usually only happens when loot verification needs to be performed(ie.. when your pets are looting, when you buy something in the MP, when you process, when you put items in storage, etc. This has been the case in all of my testing performed. I've had a lot of time considering it started WHEN REMASTERED WAS LAUNCHED...BACK IN SEPTEMBER....

They just have no one on the payroll, smart enough to debug what's going on in Xigncode/Windows interaction, which causes the fails. Nor do they want to devote cycles from a developer to fix a problem on a dying version of Windows.
    I'm willing to bet 1000.00 USD this problem will linger until 2020, when Win7 extended support dies, and they have a press release stating the game will only be compatible/supported on Win10. By then, Ashes of Creation or some other action combat RPG will be developed enough to jump ship.

At this time, its best to afk with compatibility mode on, then turn it off for NWs/grinding and hope for the best. DO NOT SPEND A DIME in the cash shop.

#343 Von_Chicanery, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
  4. Soulcatcher 2

Von_Chicanery, in a show of respect to you I have seen your posts previously, and they were the most informative thus far. However, I was trying stuff in desperation. Also, I wanted to mention about the interaction of the XIGNCODE (74608), that I have encountered the xcoronahost.xem error when standing still not doing anything, I've had it pop up when simply walking/traveling, no pets out; basically makes no sense to me since conditions in-game are random (I never AFK life skills, btw).
    What is also odd is that I can hit CTRL for "free mouse" mode, drag the pop-up window for the xcorona error to the edge of the screen, and continue playing for 1-2 minutes before the game totally freezes. That's good for getting to a safe spot out in the wilderness sometimes, so I can then bring the pop-up back into view, hit the OK button, and watch the game go POOF.
    One thing I'm afraid you may be wrong about is that this problem will linger until 2020. Support for XP went away years ago, but I still see companies running XP boxes out there. I know I was a slow adopter for Win7 myself. So, I think they'll be some diehards using Win7 no matter what Microsoft does come 2020, and this problem that BDO Team cannot/refuses to fix will linger (forever?) until the last Win 7 box out there gasps its last breath.

Wet Cake likes this.
  5. GM Kaioken

Game Master

We now have a pinned thread regarding procedures you can follow to help us gather information about this issue so we may forward it on to the developers. Please check here for a direct link.

6. Soulcatcher 2

Dare we hope this is fixed? I haven't crashed since Friday (3 days ago).

7. Ravers

Ravers DarkKnight 62

I crashed Sunday night/Monday morning so not yet

Soulcatcher 2 likes this.
  8. Von_Chicanery

Sorry if I come off as an A-hole, this game has a tendency to bring out the absolute worst in people, including me.
    I can't speak with absolute certainty but I've experienced the problem as well "standing still" or "non transaction" situations. There is some sync/check/keep alive/ other mechanism that is "phoning home" and failing a check/not getting a response. The reason(my speculation) you can still play for a few minutes(I haven't timed it yet) is because Xigncode is allowing the client to stay up until whatever check its depending on times out(I'd speculate its 180sec).
    When you hit "OK" its basically allowing Xigncode to close the client, rather than wait for the timeout.

The main problem is they won't share any information about the client, problem, or anything for that matter. My guess is they're afraid people will leverage it to cheat somehow. A valid reason, but people are cheating now anyways, so I don't think its justified to leave people in the dark and ask them to do moronic crashes on their PC that isn't proving anything they couldn't do in a lab. I've literally built another machine(different hardware) on Win7, threw BDO on it(nothing else, not any antivirus at all, really nothing other than updates) and had the problem appear in less than 2 hours, just as a test.

My speculation is that they have a solution and will continue to ignore the problem until they can leverage Win7 EOL as a method of not supporting it. Its only a year or so away and Win10 has surpassed Win7 in the domestic market share. The level of effort to fix/change to correct the issues presented in Xigncode(Win7) is worth more than they're willing to invest.
    I deal with SaaS vendors on a daily basis and know the beast. It costs BDO money to keep people on the payroll who develop this game for Win7 and they need to keep staff on to develop on Win10.
    Never fear tho, there are other games on the horizon who will offer action based content with actual endgame content around the same time Win7 support for BDO dies.

Wet Cake likes this.
  9. Von_Chicanery

-Kaioken
    Did they even tell you what they're looking for? This test isn't going to prove anything and is akin to "leeching sickness out of patients".
    Its...really...not...that..hard...to...reproduce. If you want a legit test, build a new machine from Amazon parts(roughly 1000.00 if you're smart with the purchases).

Step 1 - build machine(If they can't do this, you have no business anywhere near this problem)
    Step 2 - install Windows 7 w/ SP1
    Step 3 - install Windows 7 updates and other drivers
    Step 4 - create a new user account
    Step 5 - install BDO and log into NA server with new account
    Step 6 - wait, the problem WILL.. WILL... WILL occur.

Keep in mind, you need to be logging every log you can related to that accounts interaction on the PC and your infrastructure.
    YOU WILL REPLICATE THE PROBLEM.

Wet Cake and Nicci like this.
  10. Soulcatcher 2

And I finally crashed this morning too. They almost had me feeling good about this game. I will not buy one single, solitary pearl until this game goes for at least 2 weeks without crashing. And, even then, I want to read good things in this thread.

11. maustercheese

i am on windows 7 and keep on getting this crash at random it really is probably the MOST ANNOYING thing about this game and is why i am not on as much as i could be because i would rather play something that does not keep crashing at random on me and bugging the heck out of one. If this EVER gets FIXED actually

12. Nicci

*hand clap*

You know I had the same thoughts as some of what you said there, Von_Chicanery. How hard is it to really reproduce this error? This is a company that has at least some cash at its disposal. I bet they have lost way more in revenue from people like me that refuse to pay another dime for this game until they fix it than they would have lost just buying a new computer, putting windows 7/BDO on it, and just letting it run on some AFK activity. "Cannot reproduce" is pretty unbelievable.

But you know what? I have another theory for you: Laziness.

Everyone here knows just how often this error can pop up. Today I woke up to my traditional xcorona crash, crashed within 5 minutes of being online (during a Nouver fight, thanks Devs!), then logged on and crashed again in less than 10 minutes. I figured BDO just doesn't want me around anymore so I am here on the forums and haven't bothered logging in again. Clearly there are times when this bug is obnoxious and persistent.

However, there are also times when it will run for hours. I suspect the person that is trying to troubleshoot it probably fired up BDO on windows 7 and then sat waiting for 7 minutes.. 20 minutes.. an hour? And more than likely, nothing happened. I am willing to bet that they shut it down and went to go do something else after a first attempt. They probably came back later and tried again but left it on, but then walked away. I noticed in their special instructions that they were very specific "after the crash, but before hitting OK" is when the crash dump needs to happen. That tells me that they have tried, but weren't watching it, and it probably crashed but then completely shut down BDO and they missed that 3 minute window.

Long story short, I bet they have seen it for themselves, but they just haven't been watching it at the moment that it crashed... and therefore, someone is thinking that they can't afford or have better things to do than to sit there watching it all day, and thought they needed someone that is actively playing to be able to see the error as it occurs and then do this crash dump. As such, they let it persist from September to December thus far.

If there is a Dev reading this, and ^ the above is correct, this isn't exactly hard to overcome. I am sure you have your regular computer with windows 10 or whatever other OS you use for your daily tasks set up somewhere and that is where you work. Set up the windows 7 computer right next to it and just... let it run. Alternatively, you could even create a bot to do this for you 24/7. This is how other bots work, they just look for the right image and when they see it they react. You could make one to look for the xcorona error box and then immediately follow the steps to crash the computer. Of course, the first option is much easier.

You guys created BDO, which I consider to be a marvelous achievement. The problem of getting that crash dump info is insignificant in comparison. I don't think you should need to ask for help.

Wet Cake and Von_Chicanery like this.
  13. Von_Chicanery

This is my conversation with Horizon. Its like their not even trying, nor will they let anyone help, outside their moronic "Edit your regedit to crash your machine"...

Below is my convo with Horizon. I get it, they're treated like mushrooms from the folks across the pond and apparently won't even try to reproduce the problem themselves.
    Apparently I have to film myself assembling a new machine, installing nothing but BDO and Windows SP1, and watching the game crash for anyone to get off their bums and actually try to reproduce the problem.

The comment that really got me was "we're not at liberty to discuss how we're testing for the problem"...
    This problem and subsequent treatment has become Meme worthy.
    They're about on point with Blizzards Diablo mobile release attitude... "Don't you guys have Windows 10... I mean come on..."

upload_2018-12-6_9-10-4.png
    upload_2018-12-6_9-10-43.png

upload_2018-12-6_9-10-55.png

Hopefully they'll leave this post up. I haven't cusses or called anyone a name..so if it gets taken down.. I'll put it on reddit.

Attached Files:

Wet Cake and BloodravenD like this.
  14. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Do you know how hard it is to get a (legal) "North America version" of Windows 7 outside of north america?
    And because of this, he asked you many times to send them a dump file but you just ignored him and responded with your "just install win 7" nonesense!

I am using Windows 7 SP1 myself and don't have any problems. Maybe you should install a european Windows 7 version.

15. Von_Chicanery

Useless response. Troll elsewhere if you have nothing to add.
    As a matter of fact, why are you even here if you're not having the problem other than to troll?
    An enterprise license of NA Windows7, when they already have an enterprise license is chump change.
    Its part of COGS. Your input is neither helpful, nor wanted.

Wet Cake, Kaishang and BloodravenD like this.
  16. Megta

Megta Archer EU

So tell me how I can install a NA Windows 7?
    And if you still didn't get it, there is no NA version or EU version of Windows 7. They are all the same.

Kakao tested itr with windows 7 and they can't reproduce your problem and thats why they asked you for a dump file.
    But I think, you don't want your problem to be solved, you just want to make them look incompetent by not giving them what they ask for.

#356 Megta, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  17. TsothaLanthi

Well i'm thinking of doing my part (for the cause and not for kakao) over the weekend and sending those crash reports or whatever but hmm...i'm not sure if i've done the "Forcing a System Crash from the Keyboard" part properly as it is underexplained on the microsoft site. I guess i'll figure it out. The fact that we have to then upload it to public cloud service and can't send it to them directly is also particularly annoying.

somethingsomething likes this.
  18. TsothaLanthi

As somewhat complicated as it is i have to think nobody probably has bothered sending those in yet. If i send them an they do fix it based on my reports i will expect to be immortalized in game for this service, no less. Or perhaps be given access to god mode. It is a perfectly sensible expectation

19. Kaishang

xcoronahost resides in xigncode so would this be under the purview of the xigncode company as well? I am tired of crashing every 30 minutes to an hour. Will never level archer this way. Won't spend any more money on this game until fixed.

Xigncode all powerful and almighty. Works so well that a GM has to go in and manually throw the ban hammer down. Junkware cannot even catch a bot.

Rather ironic that the private servers run better than retail

Wet Cake likes this.
  20. Nicci

I've already explained how that page for forcing a system crash does not adequately explain what to do. Rather than take the time to explain, it was just linked again in a new post with "requires intermediate knowledge" of computers to do. I actually consider my knowledge to be somewhat advanced compared to most players. I have a friend with a degree in computer science that didn't know what to make of it.

GM's, Devs... I want to add something for you all to consider amidst all of this. I tried that "compatibility mode" "fix" that people were talking about before. I thought that at least I would be able to fish in peace. Nope. It does not fix it for me. I get xcorona crashed no matter what I do, so if the apathy to fixing this is based on the idea of "well, at least they can run in compatibility mode to avoid errors" then know that this hasn't fixed anything for me. I was probably defending you guys more than anyone early in this thread, but both the new expansion and the new class are out... and I've been getting so sick of fighting xcorona that I often don't bother to try logging back in. I haven't had AFK income for months, and my gameplay is often trash. I'm very close to quitting this game for real. Not "oh I'm going to quit" as a cry for help, but I'll just stop logging in and never log in again because it doesn't appeal and I've moved on to other things. I feel that point approaching. I'm sure my guild does too.

Wet Cake and Kaishang like this.