1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Application error xcoronahost.xem crash

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TsothaLanthi, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Von_Chicanery

Probably the most ignorant reply on this thread. There are several editions of Windows for global distribution that are restrictive to geographical/country location. Sit down and let the adults talk kid. Also, I don't need to make them "look incompetent", they do a good enough job of that themselves.

2. Von_Chicanery

Its really not complicated at all. Its more the principle of the matter. Any developer that is to cheap to spend the funds to troubleshoot their own application doesn't deserve the help of the player base. There is NO WAY POSSIBLE they can'treproduce the issue I described, if they tested in the manner I described. My guild and I can replicate it with our eyes closed at this point. I've just stopped spending money on the game and play something else. I stay logged in with the Win7 compatibility fix and open a ticket about it every 3 weeks or so. They pay someone to answer tickets and they pay for digital resources based on avg user count. I'll bleed my money back out of them until I'm satisfied I have an even compensation or they get off their $$$$$ and do something about the problem.

Good bye, the end.

Wet Cake, FreyjaFX and [D] Force I like this.
  3. Wet Cake

Lmfao. This was the error that helped me quit the game months ago as I could no longer do AFK activities. Come back to check in months later and they haven't put out an announcement about it since exactly 1 month ago to the day, November 21, 2018. Can't even play if I wanted to.

Von_Chicanery and StrangeCloud like this.
  4. ignuss

5. maustercheese

so i assume squat has been done about FIXING this bug

6. ignuss

HAPPPYYY NEW YEEEAAARRRSS!!!! THIS ERROR STILL EXISTS!!!!!

7. ignuss

bump why isnt this fixed yet

Wet Cake and FreyjaFX like this.
  8. DownrightCynical

Just reminding everyone that our game is still busted, making it difficult, yet again, to get a full hour of playtime and thereafter access to these new event items.

9. ignuss

you can still do afk activities if you turn on compatability mode btw, you dont disconnect when you do that. but theres random massive lag spikes where your screen just freezes for a long ass time. So at least for afk stuff that doesnt really matter

10. Skyrant

Here is an idea: REMOVE THE ****ING PIECE OF **** DRM IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK!

That's all.
    Have a nice day.

[D] Force I likes this.
  11. DeviantTK

Just checking to see if it was time to come back. Nope. Looks like it's time to remove it from HD all together. Bummer, game was fun when it worked.

[D] Force I likes this.
  12. StrangeCloud

Game is still crashing after 4 months. GM/CM are telling people to F off they don't care if you contact support.

Helysae and ignuss like this.
  13. Von_Chicanery

Still nothing acknowledging efforts to correct this problem other than BS requirements from tech support that involves forcing a crash on your PC,
    WHEN YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELVES AT ANY EFF'ING TIME YOU WANT.

14. Von_Chicanery

To bad I don't have a big enough following on social media. I'd make it my personal vendetta to show how pathetic and negligent your company is being right now.

15. Skyrant

Crash during checking nodes on map after less than 5 minutes in game.

REMOVE THE USELESS DRM THAT CRASHES THE GAME

Attached Files:

FreyjaFX likes this.
  16. [D] Force I

Anyone on Windows 10 having this problem?

17. Skyrant

Crash standing in my farm minding my own business.

REMOVE THE USELESS DRM THAT CRASHES THE GAME

Attached Files:

18. maustercheese

it's been now a few months from when i played this game last due to this bug and yet i see they still are making the LACK of effort to ACTUALLY FIX BUGS i mean come on this is a MAJOR BUG and your potentially losing lots of money cause of this bug seems like a no brainer to fix for most ppl(NOT for them though it seems)

19. FreyjaFX

As an FYI - from recent (last week as of this posting) reply from GM Fry re: this bug and the (non) work that PA is doing on it - basically, it's YOUR fault if you're still running that OS from 1422 called Windoze-7... (my phrasing - s/he was very nice, as to be expected and correctly mentioned that they are limited in their ability to help with issues like this given PA's control)

"Unfortunately, there is not much I can tell you at the present time. Our devs are aware of the issue and are working on it. I know, you heard this phrase before and too often :(

The problem is that Windows 7 is only supported for mayor security updates anymore. So there is no real progress when it comes to newer code and it is hard to assimilate this on older OS's. That said it is not impossible though, and our devs are still in a 'work in progress' state here. They also know about the many players which are influenced by this. I also took this ticket and forwarded it to them to raise awareness again. I cannot promise that anything comes out of it though."

Yet, BDO remains, the only single piece of ANY software that is problematic on my ancient-OS Win-7 computer.I suggested, perhaps, that the US FTC should be informed that PA/KK are deliberately selling a faulty product, as they still promote Win-7 as the base OS requirement to play/use the game. I'm almost certain, that the EU has laws governing the sale of knowingly defective products, as it's clear BDO is defective not via the actual game code, but their faulty integration of a third party POS DRM/Anti-cheat code that makes the game (product) crashtastic and their "refusal" to fix it. To be fair, I honestly don't think PA gives a s#it and have zero expectation of this being fixed.

I do think/wish/"pray" that game devs would move from Windoze to OSS Linux, so the cost of an OS, like crappy Windoze, was an non-issue for game play. Especially given MS's biz plan of making WinX a subscription based service going forward, as soon as they figure out a good and functional business plan for doing that.

I'm done with BDO as well... Cheers!

20. Wet Cake

This error has been super annoying since it's conception, but it's gotten even worse with this last patch.

I actually thought it was fixed since I returned to the game a week ago and hadn't experienced it (though, I hadn't been playing nearly as much as I had in the past, so maybe that had something to do with it). Now I am getting it <20 mins from logging in. I wonder how many players this error has effectively stopped from playing the game, as if the p2w changes weren't enough.

StrangeCloud likes this.