1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April 4.18 R.I.P Berserker

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Berzerker, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Redwolf

What are you even talking about? Maehwa's burst combo is almost completely protected and has a CD of less than 15 seconds... I mean anyone can just write random words but it's always nice when people make sense...

I don't think ANY zerker even gives a **** about grab chains... The point is the class is built around them. When you on whatever class you play can use an ATTACK SKILL that has either SA or Frontal Guard built into it for FREE, Zerker has almost nothing to trade. Do you at least understand that? He can't even block the attack without spending a major CD or first swapping stance and using a less important CD.

Most of the time all zerker can do is move around really fast like a giant monkey and hope he doesn't get CC'd or has ot spend important CD's. His main SA chain burns a very important CD (Flame Buster) and one of the only Down\Air Smashes the class has access to (Titan Step). Most other classes can simply block and burn no CD's... Most zerkers have found their way around these limitations but at the same time it's not ideal (basically unsafe stuff) and it just got MUCH harder. Again no one gives a **** about losing grab chains... I mean actually READ what people are writing...

The funny thing is people don't appreciate what Pearl Abyss is like. They've long understood that zerkers are pretty useless in PvP compared to what other classes bring. Now they've pushed them almost over the edge of viability. They're probably now going to buff zerkers into the stratosphere again because Pearl Abyss doesn't understand what balance is. They only understand extremes... Then people will be whining again about how 'OP' zerks are... It's happened before and no one wants that, even zerkers. This is also part of the issue. PA really only knows how to break things...

#41 Redwolf, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Reave711

LOL you clearly know nothing about zerker if you think they have more relevant sa than striker. Ancient wave doesn't one shot equal geared softcap players, in fact it only does about maybe 50% and is gated behind a long cd. We DONT have SA trade abilities and any kill now requires we outgear who we are fighting or landing an e grab with no other ccs landed (since you clearly don't play the class this is very risky and results in death if failed), have nothing on cd (to even stay engaged on a player we have to blow cds), and have no slow applied to us whatsoever (every class has slows so gl there)

since you brought up mae, even before this patch at softcap vs softcap 1 combos were easy, just poke till you get the cc and proceeded with the combo. If you weren't greedy or fighting a block class its really hard to lose on a mae, it can be hard to win if they play right but its harder to lose

I never spammed grabs, id land a cc before grabbing to minimize the chance my grab was desync'd, now it is impossible to win like that without the 270 ap required to oneshot.

3. Hortalr~

The only people who are affected with this patch as zerker are the one who used to chain grab, and you say you don't, so why would you be ? Every class is impacted with the CC changes, the most are the chain grabs ones

4. Reave711

many zerker abilities have 2 ccs on them and a few blow both cc cooldowns if used, devastation for example will proc both stuns if you use the full skill, slugfest has a stiff and a stun, ground lifting is a stiff and a float...this is important because it means we get LESS ccs than other classes

As far as grabs go, you need to land a cc to reliably get the grab without being punished for it, if you land a cc chances are after the one grab there is nothing else youre going to be able to do...including float like most other classes. On top of that we DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO TRADE SA like most classes with the exception maybe being ninja...if you engage with the grab things are a little better but then you run the risk of desync or just flat out getting punished by a competent player which is why you should never really do it

example of my combo in the past was devastation->dissaray->blasting->grab->FD or ancient wave ss depending on the situation...now this combo is still really only 3 ccs. The stun from the devestation, the float from the ground lifting, and the grab...with the new cc system its impossible

or rabam dash->slug->disarray->blasting->grab->FD or ancient wave...this combo was 5 ccs but only one grab

only one grab in each combo but both are no longer available, we weren't just a grab heavy class we were a cc reliant class, rotating our protected abilities wasn't so much of an issue because we could piece together other combos to fill in the gaps where needed. Now since we need certain abilities to not be on cd to kill people we lost our ability to fight at all

You don't even play a zerker and know nothing about the class, go back to the mae forums

SexGawdTy and choovanski like this.
  5. Tronkun

Grab was a part of the class mechanic, now whit only 1 grab if you dont landed a cc before, whats the point of play zerker instead striker mystic warrior valk? We are only a ugly ape whit life and low dmg abd near 0 protection slills.
    except you have 265+ ap( i have 245 ap and do low dmg to geared people really) you cant win softcap+ of other class.
    I already moved my gear to a valk, a more competent class and whit a real ulti(not like zerker, who use our 100% for Z buf cause our ulti are useles)

6. Tronkun

7. Failbot

Tell that to slugfest which literally uses all of your CC now. With pretty meh dmg and no protection too.

I dont know any zerkers who still chained 3 or 4 grabs. Thats just giving the enemy time to pot and you do less overall dmg...

8. Hortalr~

Now, that's not a CCfest anymore with cc changes, that's a good thing

9. choovanski

i wouldn't bother replying to someone's balance opinions when they have less than three months of playtime, and hadn't even decided on a main after the first month if they even have at all

SexGawdTy likes this.
  10. SexGawdTy

So out of everything everyone told you thats all ypu could respond? Lol you lost, now chase back over to the maewha forums please

choovanski likes this.
  11. Törni

Nah I don't think that's really going to happen.

What will likely happen IMO is that they will tweak some numbers and make some changes which are completely out of touch with the core problems of the class. And jobs done, we should be happy, cause YAY they "balanced" the class.

Reave711 likes this.
  12. Reave711

I hate that youre right

13. Hortalr~

Well actually they modified damage of each class, and almost all classes lost 6% of damage, except zerker who have now even more damage https://imgur.com/a/4lsCIyt

14. Real Life Futa

nerfed air damage so no float, its a bigger nerf than buff for zerk lmao
    and doesnt fix the CORE ISSUES theyre just buffing dmg again cuz theyre lazy.

choovanski and Tvvin like this.
  15. Hortalr~

They're going to buff grab damage to have same damage as awakening skills tho. And the air attack damage nerfed would mostly affect maehwa, sorc, valk, tamer and in some extent ninja and even Lahn even if she isn't there for us.
    And yes, I know they're lazy, and doesn't know the main problems of the game sadly

16. LoanWolf

So the fact that somebody can walk into devestation then put a block up making them immune to grab is pretty bs especially with the DR buff. I am finding very little that this class is specialized in tbh and that is a bit disheartening.

17. Wispur

No Berserker change with this patch is disappointing.
    Hopefully next week.
    I know the Berserkers in my guild are gonna give it another 3 weeks before we either reroll or quit.

The class is in desperate need of a new gimmick since we've lost our previous one.
    And for those saying the class is strong enough, whatever, that's not even the point.

It's that we had a gimmick (like every class does) and now we don't.
    We are currently a class that has nothing unique. Anything we can do now, another class can do better, or with something unique tossed on top.

choovanski likes this.
  18. Törni

Well next week they nerf air attacks, so our only remaining burst comboes will be even weaker. But hey they at least buff grab skills dmg.. I don't even know what to say to the latter one. Like.. WHY?

19. Reave711

@GM Haliaeetus

20. Jeoul