1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archeage Unchained

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Catastigma, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Catastigma

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?353313-FAQ-ArcheAge-Unchained&p=2752190#post2752190

What are the differences between ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained?

Your feedback over the years encouraged us to provide a different game experience for you, our community. ArcheAge: Unchained is a new way to play the game with a different business model. We've changed entirely its monetization which was simply not possible to this great extent with the already existing ArcheAge F2P version.
    In ArcheAge: Unchained there is no longer a subscription model. With a onetime purchase, you can enjoy the content as often as you want. You will be able to purchase vanity items via Credits and we will implement seasonal ArchePasses. We are focusing on fairer gameplay which is why we decided to change a few monetization features for ArcheAge: Unchained. There’ll be more information in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!

Why didn't you change the monetization of the original ArcheAge F2P version and instead make a new game out of it?
    Over the last years, we considered several ideas on how we could change the monetization system to create a more fair game experience for our community. Several changes have already been implemented in the original ArcheAge version such as the Hiram gear, the implementation of exchangeable mounts and pets for Manastorm Crystals and the Merchant’s Favor tokens in crates.
    Unfortunately, our idea for ArcheAge: Unchained was not feasible for the original ArcheAge F2P version with an already existing game economy. The original ArcheAge servers will remain and we will keep two different versions of ArcheAge with different business models.
    We absolutely believe that ArcheAge: Unchained is the right decision. We want to continue this adventure for several years with our great community for both versions - ArcheAge and ArcheAge Unchained.

Will I be able to transfer my items or Credits between both versions?
    As ArcheAge: Unchained has a different business model, it will be implemented like a new game with a new server environment. There will be no transfer of items or characters between the already existing version and ArcheAge: Unchained. Credits can only be used where they have been bought.
    In ArcheAge: Unchained everyone starts fresh! There will be no additional bonus if you switch from the F2P version. It’s all about your skills, your dedication and the decisions that you make!

What will be the price for ArcheAge: Unchained? When is the release date?
    We will reveal more information in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned!

Do I still have to get Patron Subscription?
    There will be no subscription in ArcheAge: Unchained. No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available for everyone.

What about Apex?
    Apex will not exist in ArcheAge Unchained.

Will there be new content alongside this release?
    Both ArcheAge versions will receive a new major update this fall. They will each have the same content and updates which will include a new skillset named Swiftblade, a revamp of the siege system, a new naval arena and lots more. We are super excited about this update!

#1 Catastigma, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

I say wait & see.

Fateneko and Mana_Mafia like this.
  3. ghoulz666

Let the corpses of victims pile up before you throw yourself onto it.

4. Tac50

ArcheAge just announced a break away from its origins. Archeage Unchained is said to be no p2w, no apex, a separate standalone game entirely. Hmm I may have to check this out. Any other takers interested?

5. Jaeger

First before i go for an old new mmorpg i wait for the comming new mmorpg called blue protocol

Tvvin likes this.
  6. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Blue Protocol looks far too amazing. Primary game worthy. I'm looking forward to that from Bandinamco LOL

If there is no assassin class , i'm playing twin striker

Didn't they say that before and snuck P2W in? Archage doesn't look like my type of game anyways personally.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  7. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

This might be interesting look into once it releases

8. Zelxski

Hmm, it sort of sounds like all the promises we were promised here with BDO, but we all know how that went.

That said, I have ignored everything Archeage has put out talking about how they were fixing their "cash shop" issue, but I will admit that this one does have me a bit curious. If they can manage to pull this off and make a profit without having to nickle and dime its players, then maybe they can become an example to other companies about what players want when they say they don't want P2W. But we will see, only time will tell.

9. Boink

I think this was the best decisions they made. They are more likely betting on the current bill that is up in the Senate right. It's the bill that regulates p2w games (this includes BDO). Imagine if it passed.... that's a lot of potential money to grab all the players that are "out of games".

I'm definitely going to try it out. Don't get me wrong I love BDO's gameplay... the monetization is just getting out of hand.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  10. DarkGG

I know alot of people switching to archeage unchained. I brought me and my wife a copy. My issues with bdo is simply the lack of attempting to rework T1 node wars since the caps simply dont work, and we all know ultimately you are gearing for pvp at some point in bdo. I love the combat and graphics but at the end of the day if PA is riding on those 2 things only and not willing to focus on more balanced pvp, group content, and backing off on the cash shop i will take my money else were

11. Dringe

Boy, sure haven't heard that one before.

I've tried AA for a few days when it first came out, couldn't get into it. The combat just didn't feel good for whatever reason.
    I'll watch some streams to see how is it but that's probably it.

12. Beeso

Companies like fishing too. Still if any of that happens, credit will go to where credit is due (even if it feels long overdue).

13. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

i was excited for start, untill i saw their unchained stream when this specific guy telling it wont be p2w bla bla then i got flashbacks from years back when they were releasing aa fresh start servers where yes in same stream same guy tells exactly same story, bet it was same script he did read lol

edit: i wonder if they ever fixed underwater treasure 1kgold statues? mean they spawned with specific ID and ppl were abusinging it so much knowing where to find it always

#13 FrozenReaper, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Mana_Mafia likes this.
  14. woots

i'am very tempted, and it can work if they release and lot of CS outfit ( see fortnite & somes others games )
    But i'am kinda afraid they doesnt keep their promises tho

i've read that for now, nothing is planned for the west... and from the very early video i've saw, as much as it look nice, it also feel pretty clunky.

personaly,i still really want moonlight blade and Justice Online, but no news at all for MLB for now ( announced to come to the west last summer )

#14 woots, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  15. patagarucha

reddit is full of aware so dont be surprised!
    3 account max (but it does a difference to solo account) give an advantage
    consider all legacy whale alone in their server...

But more important: no words about abuse, hack, dupe etc and that's a big red flag for me

dont go to throw your $$ like "bless" and cry after...

it's f2p so test it now, dont be surprised with the difference we get from BDO

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  16. Mana_Mafia

Kakao said that BDO NA was going to have zero P2W features and if pressed will still say that they haven't added any P2W features to this game, only P4C lmao.

17. Dexo 2

Let's get this straight...
    Non-EU companies can and do change their minds without legal recourse as companies tend to be protected greater than the clients (hell, you can even sign your rights away by accepting ToS's etc). EU companies get shafted if they change their minds or terms... false advertising, violation of contract etc. EU companies have to answer to the EU Commission (big fines) and are regulated totally differently than non-EU companies. An EU company's ToS that violates any rights of the consumer is invalid. Any ambiguity in a ToS always goes in favour of the client. An EU company that promotes a non-P2W experience is legally bound to provide it... deciding not to after 6months etc allows the client to perform a complete charge back (and leaves the company open to a big fine from the EU Commission). TRION wasn't an EU Company. Gamigo is an EU Company. Gamigo now owns TRION and thus TRION is now part of an EU Company and is bound by the rules governing Gamigo.

Pearl abbyss is not in na/eu, thats why they can change their terms of service how ever they wanted, thats why we got p2w. Kakao doesnt dictate how our version is gonna be in the future more or less p2w, pa does it.

18. woots

Well, the situation is different because kakao west isnt the mainhouse, the main company still is KR, and very close to PA ( also kr ) = thoses guys most of the time dont care about the west that much. Even if it brought them a lot of money.

So kakao west certainly thought they were able to take their own decision and have PA do special change for our region... We saw the result.... The mainhouse certainly denied nearly everything kakao west wanted regarding the buisiness model.
    tbh at the very start of BDO, kakao west certainly was full of good will....Before figuring out that mother kr doesnt give a crap

Here, gamigo ( EU company ), now totaly own archeage for the west meaning no kr company is going to tell them to go fk themself regarding the buisiness model they want to run.
    At best the interrogation can rely on their relationship with XLgames to have the devs do special work / tweak for the western version so correctly feed that no p2w version regarding what they are going to be able to sell to make money

#18 woots, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  19. 2Cents

The region has very little to do with it. It's almost comical trying to use the "west" as the role model when they have been exploiting the entire planet. (Oil, Wars, Products, Labor). It's not really any different in gaming either. I hope Gamigo runs Archaege with a fair business model and keep to their word, but being a "western company" has no impact on that.

Maginha likes this.
  20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

If thats true....I'm getting more and more interested in Archage.

I swore off Korean ran MMO's..but if its a non korean company running the show..I guess that can count as an exclusion.

I mean look at what they did to Lost Ark in a matter of months, gdanm.

Fateneko likes this.