1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archeage Unchained

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Catastigma, Aug 19, 2019.

1. 2Cents

Never played it, only watched from the side lines. The new business model looks good, but potentially several problems.
    1. Overall it looks like a step down from BDO. The graphics and tab target look great for a 2010 game, but not so much today.
    2. It's about a 10% chance they keep their promise according to just how many fail to do so. (BDO included)
    3. Trying to revive older games (excluding massively successful ones is a huge challenge)

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Well..the way I see it. It may be better then going back to try out WoW classic, or running through another 15 attempts to get my T4 faerie, Cheer 5 with weight, if i stay here investing anymore of my time.

3. woots

Well they run the show only in the west, they dont own archeage worldwild.. So still need to be a bit carefull ^^

what happen to lost ark ? it turned into a heavy p2w crap ? if that's what you mean, i'am saddly not surprised :/ seems like thoses guys are unable to run another kind of buisiness, which is very sad because they do / can produce great games

As long as you dont cherry pick to just understand "western company doesnt run p2w dump", Actualy it can, especialy considering what i've said.
    But yep, need to see if gamigo will keep their promises ( that's why i spoke about their relation with XLgames, since they will necessary need them to have no p2w stuff to sell, here mainly cosmetic )

4. Averdun

They got Dwarfs so me and son are in on this one, anyone starting a guild in this game we can check out?

Neokii likes this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

LoL yep..they sure did..They managed to turn the entire dungeon/raid experience into a lootbox roll with their PTC monetization method.

Among many others, there's one such item in their cashshop, that conveniences players into just, "instant completing" dungeons or raids as many times as they can afford. Obtaining all items, and gear from mobs and bosses as if they ran it with a full raid group.

6. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

well as far as i know, they are talking rn about changing cash shop items to be bound on buying... if XLgames says you know what and wont do it, well there u have it p2w unchained AA

7. Artorias_Dusk

Have fun driving around with tradepacks 24/7.

Factorial likes this.
  8. woots

Would need to see how are contract between gamigo / old trion & XLgames , but i doubt they could refuse something like that.
    I mean, that's not PA and originaly Dawn that was very bound, so PA & kashkow where thoses guys seem to have just no power because PA start edit themself everywhere from now on.

anyway, we can only see what's going on.

But in the end, even if it saddly turn back into a P2W at least AAU will offer for the no p2w period a correct gaming experience, since unlike BDO, it have real game system to begining with xD

9. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

well i guess its still in the end about gamigo asking specific patch to make this and this changes, so as a dev XLgames cant be forced to make it if they dont want it... and dont think gamigo is not allowed to modify their gamefiles w/o XLgames permission? yea dunno really, cant get high hopes for it

10. woots

Would be surprising if XLgames were allowed to say "no" especialy for "little" change like binding skin.
    As for gamigo beeing able to change the files, i guess whatever if it come from gamigo "dev" or XLgames, they already started to considering the daily quest windows thing with reward they presented in their first stream ( so like everyone are "patreon".. tweak CS item etc etc )

I get with archeage historic ( hello Trion ) its hard to totaly trust them, but lets give them the benefit of the doubt, its ( at least for me ) already feel way less shady than PA-Dawn-kashkow & co.

watched the video, indeed that's... a dumb way to cash grab, its a form of p2w but also totaly dumb because its like you can pay to skip the game... what's the point to even "play it" if you do that, just be the dumb whale ahead compare to "everyone"... lel

I mean BDO sort of do that, but at least its not at this point ( well it is for good amount of things, but well )

Kynreaa likes this.
  11. Mana_Mafia

Right???

I was subbed to the subreddit and active discord member for more than a year. Then the P2W started being added and I lost all interest immediately. It's still just ramping up, too, and will get even worse. It will be dead before it arrives to NA. Never again.

Kynreaa likes this.
  12. Boink

Did you guys watch the livestream today? That was cringe and no important questions was answered...

13. woots

tbh, as much as thoses guys wanted to show good will and reassure the community about no p2w & so, they should never have made 1 stream per week. Especialy with the game still not beeing live.

14. patagarucha

ok.... this sounds more and more creepy (after looking the dev video)
    best move is not to jump in and wait..
    i'll appreciate the costume image explanation (and the p2w way behind) from archeage 101

now, i'll just go see some twitch at release, laught on queue for quest and lifeskilling in bdo

Fateneko likes this.
  15. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

yeah get scammed a third time. lol

Factorial likes this.
  16. Kharognar

You getting scammed -4 years by Koreans that think of you as cattle . I will pick the Gamigo Group which obeys to the EU Bureau.

17. LiquidEmotion

It's already not looking too promising in regards to their "promises". I already was skeptical when I looked into Gamigo. They mostly just publish P2W mobile style games and basically buy "dying games" just to milk them out. People who played Rift said that Gamigo was not handling things well ontop of adding p2w items when the community asked them no to so that gives you a bit of their history. In recent dev streams for Archeage unchained, they were not touching a lot of the serious questions that the community had and are not being transparent.

There are still a lot of positives with what they plan on doing but they are showing a lot of concerning signs. It's fine to be excited about the game but don't let hype blind you by taking things at face value. It wouldn't be the first time a publisher lied about their direction and promises *cough* Kakao *Cough*. On the other hand, I think it is just $20 so it's pretty cheap for some fun and if Gamigo does end up going back on their promise then at least you had some enjoyment for however long it lasted before going p2w.

#37 LiquidEmotion, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    rSick and NoisyBoy like this.
  18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

True, I heared only bad stuff about gamigo as well but then again if it's no p2w for at least one year then it's some great fun for good price. Sure it will feel bad if AA goes p2w again but the fun is worth the money.
    Also I heared AA tried some comebacks while failing over and over again due to hungry p2w business model... so I kinda have some hope that they maybe finally learned something and won't do it again :^)

In any case I will definitely quit BDO for AA just to have some content at least... so will a lot of other people I know.

Tvvin likes this.
  19. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

have fun in bless. i mean aa

Neokii and Fearless V like this.
  20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Hm? AA has not even the close the optimization issues like bless. Or what do you mean?