1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archeage Unchained

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Catastigma, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I'll be trying AAU aswell.
    I think as long as we are aware of it's history and not expect too much it could offer some good fun.

Until then, Borderlands 3 it is zzz

2. Maginha

Gl, but i guess it will end as usual, suck players in, even let them play 3 accounts implement more p2w items when enough players are in, they have to buy things for 3 accounts.

So they fcked up alrdy multiple times, why you guys think that will change? Investors, owners, management always want just one thing from us.... and theyll get it...

Aaaaaand ppls flock back to bdo again xD

3. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

As said, nothing to lose in getting fun for some months at such a price. But with such ads if they dare to put back "P2W" servers will get empty even faster than before!

Maginha likes this.
  4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Tbh I never played AA and have no idea what I have to do there or what has to be done to play it efficient...^^
    I'll get only one account and see how it is. BDO offers no content atm so AAU is definitely welcome. If they go p2w after ~6 months,it's fine by me. At least some fun and content for a while :-)

Sidina and Maginha like this.
  5. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

I refunded my pre order for me and the wife after i found it's being published by gamingo head company which is in Germany. They are notorious for buying dead MMOs changing the business model then in 12-18 months just shutting it down sighting not enough players to justify keeping servers up. Or just going maximum effort p2w. They have done it 6x it seems
    So quick cash grab seeing how they paid 20mil for trion and all its games.

Thelemna likes this.
  6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I stopped AA at BDO EU/NA launch, but even if BDO was interesting, even if I was leaving AA, I still did not consider AA as a bad game.

In fact, BDO is a good game with some flaws, and slightly ruined by predatory strategies ; but AA was a EXCELLENT game, with many good system to create conflicts between players, but it was KILLED by insane paying advantages.

I don't know how it evolved, maybe the mechanics are not as good as before, but still for such a price and no "P2W" it should be a good occasion to have some fun on a MMORPG. You might appreciate the PVP side, Kauni! :)

7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

What you said is true but... what if they cash grabbed enough (if that's even possible) and wanted to buy a REALLY GOOD game and actually give people a good MMORPG without p2w? You know, like small fishy investments untill you start the real business kinda...
    I know I sound a bit naive here :^) but from what I heared AA was pretty much the perfect MMORPG in almost every scenario. With new graphics and no p2w it should be the MMORPG everyone asked for.

8. Törni

Tbh whatever their long-term plan is, I'm going to play it anyway with friends as long as it stays non-P2W. If it turns into it again, than we are back to BDO... which is already P2W, so it will be like nothing new under the sun.

30 bucks they charge for the base game, which is completely fair and after that you don't have to pay a single penny in their cash shop if you don't want to, as they will be only selling cosmetics etc.

BDO is in big **** right now... with WoW Classic and ArcheAge: Unchained, PA is in a tough situation.

Kauni likes this.
  9. Törni

Also, they are not shutting down the original P2W servers. Those will remain and continue to be P2W... that is an important aspect, just as selling cosmetics in a cash shop. If the game is good (and AA is a good game) and ppl becomes attached to their characters, they WILL buy cosmetics too. (I don't think that requires any more explanation to BDO players...)

It is true, that cosmetics are sold in lesser volume individually than p2w items. However, if the game remains truly non-p2w, than it will have the possibility to draw a much larger audience, which in return will buy more cosmetics aggregated.

It all depends on how clever they use these techniques and how good the base product is, on which they are trying to build, without going full-blown p2w.
    Selling cosmetics does work and there are tons of examples for that if you look around on the western market (just to mention one of the most trivial one: Overwatch).

10. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

For me the tab targeting combat i cant do. It's just to outdated even the updated graphics i forced myself to play the p2w vs just to get an idea it was not good. Yeah sure it may have alot of cool stuff but it hasn't aged well. Can polish a turd but it's still a turd. I'm not calling aa a bad game it's just like wow it's just to old.

Hinalle, Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  11. Factorial

Likewise. I cannot go back to tab target even if you paid me.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Catastigma

Graphic upgrade and 64bits client (+15% performance boost)

13. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

That's all good and again not knocking as unchained but the core game is just to old for a lot of ppl. I have been watching the hype and brought into it but then after trying the f2p version quickly refunded it. The core game is built to be exploited for cash. There's no way it won't go back p2w or just get shutdown cause the b2p model won't sustain it.

14. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

Also the biggest p2w feature is still in the game which is the labor system you best believe people are going to buy as many accounts as they can since from what I've seen more alt accounts = power

15. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Nrerolli Warrior 61 EU

BDO 2.0 , no p2w , few months later , hello we are happy to introduce p2w

Phoenixxx75 and DarkGG like this.
  16. Törni

There was already an official statement about this: 3 accounts will be allowed per computer and no multi-boxing.

17. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

Yeah i saw that, i doubt they can enforce it very well, they tried a while ago and people easily beat the systems. Again I'm not trying to down play AA because bdo needs a good MMO that will force it to fight to keep a player base, and hopefully AA unchained will make the devs of bdo see that people want something other than mindless grinding, and broken PVP. But yeah what are they going to do ban people who buy more than 3 accounts? Can use VPN + a VM and make they system think you are using a different computer and ip

18. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

well technically buying multiple pc's to gain labor advantage is kinda p2w lul

seen happend on other games where limit was few accounts and ppl put it to next level and brought upto 20accs online

19. Törni

Eventually it all comes down how hard they will want to fight multiboxing and keep the flock of cheaters in check. So it remains to be seen, just as pretty much everything else with this new contender.

20. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

dunno, lets hope atleast they get rid of cheaters who use exploits to hunt underwater 1kgold statues... even happend on fresh starts but they did not give a f*ck about it