1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archeage Unchained

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Catastigma, Aug 19, 2019.

1. WinterMilla

I'll see how things play out for now

2. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

u kinda forgot that we can buy energy potions with pearls ^^'

3. Tacarmato

No p2w? Sounds like another mmo we all know

4. NESTINAR

This is fake news!
    Milking the people again!
    They will do it for the 999 time and you people are gonna get fooled!
    :D

Felyni and Stillwaters like this.
  5. Stillwaters

Depends entirely on the labor wall for me,if it's still designed as job instead of a game I'm not interested.
    That was my biggest beef,you couldn't play the game,you managed laborpoints and that's it

Factorial likes this.
  6. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

It's still that way just everyone gets 5k pts now and have offline regen. But yeah it's just going to be people using vpns and vm to make 20+ accounts to have a massive advantage over everyone else.

Factorial and Stillwaters like this.
  7. Boink

They did specify they will try to police it by giving unique ip's limit to 3 accounts. Masking IPs are probably problematic lol.

Factorial likes this.
  8. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

yeah VPNs, and VMs are going to be an issue of course ppl will say well how many will do that. Enough to make it noticable

9. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Looks promising, can't wait - got a guild ready to go. If it's actually good, then I'm switching games (BDO will still run in background, though). This is also good for the MMO market, being that there are few good MMO's out nowadays, shake ups in the industry like this are needed for the industry to flourish and give us players something to invest our time in and love - instead of being "forced" to play BDO due to the feeling of sunk cost and the false feeling of "imprisonment" that comes along with how much time we've invested. I can quit BDO any time (Kappa). If AA:U is good, then that should mean a better BDO for us players, or a new game in which to invest our time in, which is better for us in the end.

A company that thinks about its *consumers* before its profits are far and few...but, literally, is the "secret sauce" that keeps players happy, loyal, and ultimately, there until the end - and can also serve as free marketing for the company. Many companies, like PA, EA and Bethesda have shown their intentions as being *profit first* companies instead of *consumer first* companies and I'm glad people are waking up to that reality. Really rooting for AA:U. Hopefully the game is good. We, The People, need this kind of shake up.

Törni, Wodur, Kynreaa and 1 other person like this.
  10. Boink

They stated that they will police it by how well your character progress gold-wise and interaction with alt accounts. I guess this is how they will police gold sellers as well.

I can't wait to try it out. I been thinking about getting a p2w TENT in BDO but I opt out of it instead waiting for AA:U and Mount And Warband II on Steam :)

U.S. is already shaking things up with the current bill right now to regulate p2w micro-transactions. I can only assume why AA Unchained decided to transition to this model. If the bill passed they will be one of the services that will still be up and can provide that MMO void. It's a profitable gamble.

Yes all businesses think about profit even your mom & pop restaurant that claims they are serving you "fresh" food. It's more likely canned.

PeaceInChaos and Factorial like this.
  11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

That's a smart move by Gamigo

Boink likes this.
  12. MMoNoob

is arch age is not cash shop how will it make money is it sub pay to play?

13. Boink

Have you seen their non-p2w costumes unlike BDO they sell? They look soo good. They are just missing a chubby chicken costume.

What they need to fix is that long que time... it's worst than classic.

14. Findubar

I've never played it. It might be a good way to start now but i just don't see it. I wasn't convinced when they first released it and now i have 0 belief they will uphold their non p2w status.
    In all honesty this move seems to be more for people who already play it, so that they can start it again and pay for everything again.

Factorial and Fateneko like this.
  15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Not going on this guys opinion..but is this what to expect? Asking any Archage veterans.

Fateneko likes this.
  16. Raven Croft

I followed the main profile on twitter of this game and they got issues upon issues upon server issues these days. Every day its another maintnenance for them. So follow them and see for yourself. Search for them on twitter.

17. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I scrolled down on the homepage. I saw Trion. Closed Firefox and Uninstalled it.

18. Asterotis

So as a PTS player.
    • The game has issues with the login process (It's PTS though, it's to be expected).
    • Some players are met with a black screen, while others can't even get past the character select screen.
    • Sometimes the "Gods have disconnected you!" and you have to try again.
    • There is a labor exploit involving poppy (Also known as Poppygate2019) and people have been going as far as stealing poppy from other people's farms.
    • There's maintenance almost all the time as Trion/Gamigo tries to get their sh*t together in a rush for Oct. 12th (name reservation day that was pushed back from the 5th) and the 7th (PTS open for all)
    • Gameplay wise, It's same ol' Archeage fashion, don't expect the graphical overhauls to everything, I believe it was said to be 2-3 areas at a time.
    • Don't play a dwarf, you'll end up getting a MAX sentence every time.
    • There aren't anymore power stone pets, they have been removed, (But, you still get your battle pet!)
    • New races such as Dwarf and Hellborn's exp rates have been balanced to other races (I believe Hellborn have lost their racial advantages such as faster trade pack speed)
    • BUT don't expect Gamigo/Trion to be up to date on their server stability and layering issues, it takes them maybe an hour to get things down for maintenance.
    • Some costumes still have stats via premium (Players are asking for these stats to be removed and rightfully so.)
    • Certain things like glider skins, inventory expansion etc. are in the diligence shop (Some players want these items in the credit shop instead)

All and all, the game has improved for the better (FOR NOW) people can only hope that this act of "good will" to the playerbase lasts longer than just 3 months.

#118 Asterotis, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  19. Kharognar

You realise the issues were @ a PTS server and they got fixed within 3-4 days resulting in smooth gameplay even for EU players even though the Pts is hosted @ Dallas .Up to now Gamigo impresses even with a delay .

20. JSXShadow

Why ppl have to discuss another, sub-par game in the forums of a game that is direct competition is beyond me. Isn't there an archeage subreddit or their own forums for you to talk about the game? It is rare that a game forum even allows discussions about other games.

On that Note: Archeage is the same garbage it always was, not worth anyones time. There are no great MMOs out there atm, only hope for future releases. BDO is great cause you can AFK and get a sense of progression while actually playing good games (mostly offline) on the side :)