1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer completely useless in pvp since nerf?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Lord_Faust, Feb 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lord_Faust

I caqme back to the game with archer launch and really enjoyed it over my main (tamer) though i didnt consider the archer to be good at pvp it seemed that i at least had a chance against a similarly geared player if i was better at pvp.
    Now with the nerf i got a lv 61.5 archer with 230/236/280 and for the last four days i have had several bouts with over 10 different players and unable to win a single combat. i legitimately thought everyone i met was just using whale potions cause when i landed a knock down and started using full bloom at close range they would be able to use health potions to recover life faster than i could hurt them.
    Turns out they just nerfed full bloom to the point that it is not usable in pvp.
    i got 1869 skill points anyone got any idea of how to be able to fend off even players with significantly lower gear please let me know at this point im just gunna shelf him as i like to be able to do some pvp content.

I am able to stay alive for quite a long time by avoiding attacks and using cc's even without health potions ive been able to drag fights out to near the 10 minute mark but have absolutely no way to beat anyone.

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well... archer got buffed on range and nerfed in melee fight. This is just right. You should never run from 30 miles to SHOOT a ranged spell close in someones face.
    Fact is also that archer just needs a lot of AP to be viable. Your AP still should be enough to kill someone in a close range combo.
    I assume you just used to faceroll with full bloom like the most bad archers and didn't understand how it actually works and when it does the max damage.
    So for max damage output at close range you need to land 2 knock downs first, then you go for close range shift+e -> s+f -> shift+rmb -> rmb and you could add a shift+lmb as well.
    This should kill most people at soft cap DP if it's not a striker, mystic or valk. (and maybe warrior, not sure here)

Tvvin likes this.
  3. Lord_Faust

what do you mean 2 knockdowns? thats not viable u only got a 40% chance of landing one knockdown and the second one is much less chance after u land the first. if you have an at best .40 * 0.26 chance of killing someone in pvp there is around 10% chance of that happening; being able to kill someone with similar gear 10% of the time is not viable...

4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Idk where you got your information from but it's false. Nontheless you should use 2x 10% resi ignore gems in your kzarka.
    We can meet in game and I'll show you.

AZzalor and Bizmarc89 like this.
  5. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

You didn't think a brand-new class would go through some extreme rebalancing, so you post on the forum how you've had some difficulty after not informing yourself how a certain skill was changed, and before you've considered adjusting your tactics.

In life, you can only control what YOU do. When you encounter a problem, that is where to start.

Krysantha likes this.
  6. Lord_Faust

Im asking if anyone has a viable way to play the class in pvp after some changes i dont think that is unreasonable. i am fine with changes to a class to make it more balanced but at this point i would put my chances of beating a similarly geared/skilled player below 10% that makes the class not very much fun to play. So far one person has suggested a combo set that i have already tried and you have suggested that i have done the exact same thing instead of trying other options in the last 30+ fights i have lost in a row.

I'll check back a few more times but at this point archer is moving to my life skiller and i need to decide on a new main.

7. DarkKnightMasterRace

you are 30 Ap below softcap and expect to be viable in pvp lol

Tvvin, Krysantha, Rilok and 2 others like this.
  8. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

https://discord.gg/TbTZvP3

Also no one cares.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Maybe he played a stroker or mystake before *giggle*

Krysantha, Bob2009 and Motoko_Shi like this.
  10. Lord_Faust

I didn't realize the solution to beating people with the same gear as you have was to have 30 more ap than they do...

11. Spartakatz

Check this, see where your 230 is at, then you will know why you have a problem.

[​IMG]

Krysantha likes this.
  12. Lord_Faust

i dont see how thats relevant to me not being able to kill anyone with the same gear or worse gear than i have though.

13. WhySoSeeryus

Nobody claims its fair. It same story for more classes than just archers.

14. Spartakatz

some classes appear to be late bloomers, means they have rather crap damage in the lower to mid range. it somewhat evens out the better gear you get.
    also, buffs and crystals help a lot. e.g. when you stated in your original post you were unsure if they used whale pots, you seemed less certain about their exact setup, right?

Rilok and AZzalor like this.
  15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You saying you can't one combo people with the combo I told you?
    Because it works and you don't even need the full combo against some classes.
    https://streamable.com/ri0dj

#15 Kauni, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Blitzball likes this.
  16. Lord_Faust

god no maybe 10 combo? shift rmb does 20-35% dmg in 1 hit the rest do so little dmg that they can heal through the damage with pots.

17. WhySoSeeryus

some classes dont have 1combo capability until 26x brackets (also very dependant on WHO they attack). some can 1combo with almost 50 less. why? noone knows.

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Archer has not many combos but you still can one combo people. That goes for all classes. Not all of them can just combine different funky skills to kill people in 1 combo. Most classes just have 1-2 reliable combos to kill people from 100-0.
    You can definitely kill people from 100-0 in 1 combo as archer with your gear, ranged and melee. More AP will just shorten the combo.

Netreiam likes this.
  19. Lord_Faust

I
    I wish i had the same experience as you i can't hold a rotation at tsair ruins naga's or even ghatz anymore with my gear.
    At this point ima take a break from BDO and decide if im going to reroll or quit thanks for the help though.

20. Lord_Faust

Did some test's with a friend who has a tamer she can 1 combo my archer's 283 dp with 190 ap.
    With only 270dp archer could not one combo with 236 ap + destruction stone +cron
    We tried for an hour and i was never able to complete a 1 combo on the tamer; its indisputable 460 gs tamer >> 519 gs archer not to mention that the tamer had NO buffs active and archer had Simple corn meal destruction stone and body enhancement.