1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer DP is fine!

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Kauni, May 22, 2019.

1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Because it's not about AP and grinding efficiency. It's about being able to grind at all. The archer gets pretty much one tapped at 313 DP without frenzy draught which reduces your DP on top. Other classes (e.g. musa, mystic) at this DP will still take decent amount of damage but they won't get one tapped.

2. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

3,3k hp isn't that much of a good idea either... On my ranger, I sometimes have hp drop below half with 4,7k too, which would often insta-kill me if I only had 3,3k... and that's at 322 dp.

And what did he do? Fire the E buff, shift-q and shift-LMB... 3 skills that all keep oneself on nearly the same spot. Several skills on the same spot without changing position in-between = death

What he probably should have done: use the e buff outside of the group, don't use shift-q at all and don't position yourself like an idiot in the middle of a group, as you can see (red) BACK ATTACK appearing...

3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Thing is that 326 DP archer on KR with frenzy draught (minus 15 dp) can do that as well, even tho the KR archer has 700 more hp. He could have dashed once, yes. But do we really believe that one dash will make the entire spot suddenly super viable meanwhile it's not needed on KR? Idk.

4. Jexz

you are right its not about AP its about DP
    There are accessories out side of pure AP because its not about ap and grinding efficiency. Perhaps it takes pen narcs and ranaros. Archer clears Aakman @ almost double other classes. This is the absolute end game grind right now maybe more end game gear is needed. More for some classes than others. just like every other grind spot.

#24 Jexz, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Blitzball

There are classes that have to stay in the same place to get a good dps. Wiz/Witch are the best example.

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Yes let's take DP accessoires for a 280 AP spot because all other classes do that too. Oh wait?

Btw if anyone knows a twitch channel of any archer who is grinding regularly at the 280 AP spot NA/EU link here, please.

7. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

It's not about good dps... dps aren't useful if you keep getting killed. Witch/Wiz should do the same 1 cast - evasion - 1 cast etc.

The problem in there I have noticed so far is: The mobs turn really quickly, but their first attack after turning or moving has some delay to it... and afterwards they hit hard and fast. So the best way to survive, at least as a ranger, is attack - move - attack - move etc. Either make them constantly turn or make small steps backwards, so they constantly have to move a little and start their attack pattern anew.

Maginha likes this.
  8. Maginha

They break through fg/sa very fast, so we have to be cafeful when too many mobs are not focusing lighthouse, we witchards have to sidestep a lot there correct.