1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer nerf - another arrow to the knee

Discussion in 'Archer' started by SweetsDealer, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Kripion

It seems that you cant tell the difference between being OP and good team play. If you have problem with group od archers then try to invent a contertactic instead of crying at forum...

2. LithicForm

Bad Archer players be like...

Go look up Varisol and L2P your class.

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

I'm simply stating why they are nerfed. Has nothing to do with my gameplay. A witch at least has to engage nearly point blank to do what you describe. Archer doesn't. They can sit back laying down cc and bigger damage than a witch at that range, the only way you will get them is if they are on their own otherwise they just are pelting away.

Stay mad kid.

4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

In fact you said archer is OP in EVERYTHING. That seem to include 1vs1 for me as well. If you think the "nerf" affects large scale then well.... it does not. It nerfs 1vs1 and 1vsX but even buffs large scale. Why? Because it's a stiffness now instead of KD which means we can stiff the target and someone else can still land a hard CC. Aka longer CC chain possible now.

I am really not sure what kind of large scale PvP you do but archer was NEVER meant to spam KD in large scale and barely did due to skill design and terrain issues. Archer is a high burst class which kills targets quickly. The CC spammer is the zerker. Always been and still is.

Also after meteor a good wiz/witch will always use blizzard if possible. If not, I don't see why you would struggle to teleport in and kill the target. I did that as wiz main, always worked for me.

Well bad news for you then. Archer is even more annoying now in large scale since the "nerf". I can do damage now meanwhile ccing with kb->stiff-> kd and if a zerker joins there will be 1-2 down smashes on top. One more large scale CC for free meanwhile slightly weaker in 1vs1/1vsX.

Annoying cc chains btw... reminds me of that clip:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulTentativeMageCharlietheUnicorn

5. Maginha

So you agree archer was overtuned for large scale? And now even more?

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, technically you could get lightning rabam (residual has mega op range also) and do the combo with fb/fb explosion. squishies should melt provided ur staff attacks connect/arent overpowered with high evasion(might help to take some accu addons on applicable staff skills).

#66 WhySoSeeryus, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Overtuned compared to what class? Warrior? Sure.
    Zerker, wiz, witch, musa etc..? No.

I do know what needs a tweak to make the class fine. But most people don't even understand why they struggle vs archer and cry about KDs which is not the actual issue.
    NA archer clips are the perfect example. They faceroll melee and I honestly have no idea why people struggle against that meanwhile they just randomly spam at range their entire kit without a plan.

Maginha likes this.
  8. Maginha

Ayt, so we see it quite similar, since im not an archer main, i cant rly put my finger on what has to be changed, is your proposal in this thread?

Since both our classes have worse 1vs1 capabilities than most other classes, we need to shine more in a different field.

For your class its just hard to take that youre gods in pve and semigods at least in nw's as per my understanding, i hope they find a good middleway....

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

archers are very annoying to me due to me getting ccd through frontal guard for some reason. THAT needs to be fixed. i can dig getting ccd when im unprotected, i can even dig getting massive dmg, but that bypassing fg crap gets my nerves twitching. :D

Maginha likes this.
  10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

No, I didn't suggest anything in this thread.
    Archer is top tier PvE, sure, at least damage wise. DP is different story but does not really rank him down imo.

Imo to balance archer somewhat (which will never happen anyway) we need changes like that:

- Remove KD on winged strike
    (this will prevent random KDs by facerolling archers)

- Give KD on middle arrow only on full bloom
    (this will make life harder for melee archers and reduce their damage since no point blank shot anymore due to push back of KD | the damage will still stay tho after 2 hard CCs)

- Remove low sweep animation for light's trail and give KD back
    (this will give us 2 KDs with full control over it meanwhile full bloom is heavily affected by terrain, light's trail isn't)

- Remove range increase on luthraghon and piercing light on charge/during Q buff
    (this way we have same or less range as most other classes with range abilities, excluding smite which range is reasonable because slow animated and unprotected 20 sec CD with no multiplier and/or CC)

- Piercing light damage should be increased with charges
    (the skill hits hard atm even without charges but since it's a super armor skill while charging there would be nothing wrong with that... the stiffness should be applied on 0 charges instead of 2 meanwhile KD should stay on 3)

- Remove stiffness on meteor strike and close SA gaps
    (this one is a cruel nerf for most archers... it would almost kill melee archers and make kiting harder... this skill is kinda hard to balance and might require damage reduction like wiz/witch awk SA skills)

There are few more things I'd personally tweak but I just noticed I am typing way too much considering that it will not change anything anyway.

Maginha likes this.
  11. Dalenos

It's coming don't worry PA will need you to reroll once they release a new class. Eventually, they will release another class after Shai lul

peanut777 likes this.
  12. stalas

Real thing where archer is op is glide SA. meteor SA stiff, piercing cry SA stiff . zephyr block stiff, glissade block kd... u can spam these skill over and over and over and just fish for CC u got real small gap in this u move and u got like infinit stamina cuz glissade regen stamina + u can add shift lmb to do SA and get some more stamina or spear of silvia or ensnare...or just S block

So maybe a nerf on piercing cry being SA ? or stiff from meteor

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

You gotta be bit careful with what you are saying tho :^)
    First of all it's not a "spam" of skills, it's a rotation. Spam is what you see in the clips I linked below. At the same time stamina is recovered there as well. On top ranger has a lingering iframe and grab.

https://streamable.com/7ds1c
    https://streamable.com/nj858

Now at the current state if we nerf archers range combos, nerf melee cc which allows him to actually disengage because no grab or proper iframe... what else is archer suppposed to do?
    At the current state removing anything (cc or protection) without giving anything in return kills the class a little bit more.

If we check youtube clips for archer PvP, we will find max 2 (maybe even 3) archers killing people at range. Rest is facerolling in melee. And the melee damage is strong but instead of nerfing that, they nerfed range combos 1vs1 and buffed the melee damage.

Notsuper likes this.
  14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

archer can do literally everything well that = OP. and from what ive seen this "Nerf" actually was a buff in a way since your KD got changed to a stiffen making comboing easier and the other things they nerfed were pretty irrelevant anyways.

15. Ama83

OP xD

16. Kripion

Well if it was true i would sat it well rounded not op.

And speaking about doing things well... Same can be sad about Musa, Sorc, Mystic, Wizard, Witch, Zerk

17. Silsti

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

19. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

If it was mediocre at all those thing THEN it would be well rounded, what I mean is its one of if not THE best grind class. And I agree about sorc, zerker, mystic and musa also fall into the same category as archer, what makes them slightly more tolerable is that they aren't able to just sit at range and be braindead while dealing lots of damage, cc, and remain protected with that. Mystic and musa are kinda braindead and could probably be toned down a bit but not archer levels lol and zerker despite his ape like look actually has a pretty high skillcap which is somewhat redeeming for it, same with sorc. Witch/Wizard dont fall into that category bc they fall short in 1v1s. The different categories I see when evaluating classes is PvE, 1v1, largescale fights (NW/Siege), and small scale (small GvGs, 5v5, etc). Archer is very good in largescale, very good in small scale if his team is compotent enough to watch out for him, very good PvE, and good enough 1v1 which becomes better as he gets more and more AP.

20. Kripion

Ok lets do it this way.
    PvE Archer is really good, i would say one of the best at akman, good in hystria and star end. But there are many other classes that when geared can do the same or even better. In conclusion when we look at end game spots it isnt OP

1vs1 at end game gear and skill (player wise) Archer is nothing more than mediocre. Far from being OP.

Small scale. Also end game gear. It depends on team play, when focused can do nothing and dies almost instatntly. Sooo its far from being OP

Large scale. See above. Yes Archer Is a ranged class, yes it has protected skills but same goes for the rest of all classes. Its a trade of for being easy kill when cought. If a team gets destroyed by archers its mainly bad teamplay and unbalanced one shot kill game mechanic. Same goes for much more broken Zerk q buff randged spam or downsmash abuse. And on top of that Archer has the greatest ranged aoe DMG reduction in pvp... In the end its good but not OP

In conclusion the problem with Archer lies on one shot meta and how it works with his range skill. Ppl tend to skip its drowbacks and blame him instead of game design while Archer with his squishyness gets one shooted not only by high ap player but also by those at softcap and below. And from this fact Archer has NO CHANCE against Eva buids with low ap that can one combo him anyway. The range is his only true defense (and far from a perfect one).

#80 Kripion, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Ama83 and Kauni like this.