1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Kauni, May 8, 2019.

1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Aaaaand we finally got our nerf! Sadly, as usual, it was the wrong nerf -.-'

Now why is the nerf bad?
    To understand why the nerf is bad, people have to understand first what was the issue with archer, especially what did the player complain about.

The main issue was archers "perma" kd, what obviously was not permanent and nothing compared to zerkers Q buff but thats a different topic. So where did this perma kd come from? The most KDs came from winged strike (called "bastic attack" by people who don't know archer), light's trail and 3x charged piercing light a 23 sec cd (or without charge while q buff). The skills are not or barely affected by terrain. Full bloom that got nerfed today is totally affected by terrain and everyone who played archer in node wars or open world pvp will agree that the environment of BDO is full of small hills, rocks, walls etc... and a full engage happens rarely on a flat terrain where the full bloom could become an annoying KD skill.
    Sure, some ninjas will appreciate that nerf because it makes their stealth engages easier again.

But why was full bloom nerf? Well if someone still didn't understand it, here is the answer: The actual "KD spam" came not from full bloom. Full bloom was a good support skill for the team on flat terrain due it's fast animation, that's it. The full bloom nerf just makes archer worse in 1vs1, 1vsX (where archer was weak already anyway) and it makes archer a worse team support class. The "nerf" makes the faceroll point blank "one shot"-combo even more op now because you will not push away your opponent with the KD. The faceroll KDs are still there.

What would have been a better nerf?
    A good nerf would be winged strike. Winged strike is probably the most spammed archer skill with KD on it every 5 seconds. This would punish every archer who used to spam it randomly a lot.

So how is archers gameplay affected now by todays "nerf"?
    Archers will still get a lot of kills in node wars, probably even more because they will support their teammates less and go full for the kills. Archer will become even less viable in 1vs1 and 1vsX.

Now some people maybe noticed that I didn't mention RBF at all. Yes, I didn't mention RBF at all because it's an irrelevant, useless "PvP"-mode. People who run circles for 20 minutes and facerolling is just not worth to be mentioned.
    The full bloom nerf makes the life of RBF people obviously easier. So we are back at the old RBF state, Q buffed zerkers, double teleporting PA'd wiz/witches, annoying RMB classes and stealthers + some random tamer ults here and there.

Rickter and Fateneko like this.
  2. Flowerxl

It’s like...

Y’all didn’t see it coming

Fateneko and Columba like this.
  3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

A good nerf would be fine. They just made the class even more faceroll. Do people really want more faceroll in BDO, don't we have enough already?

4. Blitzball

You can still spot Ninja/Kuno in stealth. Since the big nerf of these 2 classes , you don't need to CC to unstealth them , you just need to do damage.
    So no difference at all , except no more a free lucky engage from Archer :D

peanut777 likes this.
  5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Yes and no. Unstealthing is one thing but if there is no CC on them, it doesn't matter that you see them, right? :^)
    What I am saying is that archer was able to do that job alone.

It's like back in the days:
    Group of ninjas engages, nobody can see them -> opener -> people crying "NINJAS IN THE BACK!" -> people dead
    Archer release: ninjas trying to engage in stealth -> archer cc's them -> "ninjas in the back! got em!" -> the end is a gear story
    Now: ninjas trying to engage in stealth -> archer spots them -> "ninjas in the back!" -> people dead -> ninjas happy

But I mean it's fine... give ninjas their stealth one shots back, fine to me.
    But why do they make me even worse in 1vsX now D:<

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

7. Artorias_Dusk

I always think that these people have absolute no clue about their own game.

8. Nabuch

It's a buff to some high damage PvP combos. Knockdown made second hit of Full Bloom deal less damage now can be chained with S+F/Shift+RMB for maximum damage for Air Attack on Uproot. Shrug.

9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Ye that's something bad imo. Archer going melee for a faceroll combo in 1vs1. That should just not be a thing for a fully range class.

Kripion likes this.
  10. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

It was obvious it was gonna get nerfed. Nothing to talk about here, complain and give point why it is wrong nerf. It was bound to happen like it did to all new classes.

Naho and Columba like this.
  11. Blitzball

Lahn hasn't been nerfed.

12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You missed the point my dude. They made a 1vs1 class worse that was already bad and made it more faceroll in large scale. The nerf was more for the teammates, not for the archer itself.

13. venus212

Its just the beginning of nerfchain.

Rilok and Columba like this.
  14. RngNotWithMe

toldu to all of u .. bdo is crap.. empty game... i am back to l2. group play game. having fun with other ppl.no more soloing
    ps bdo needs to get class to do them role. job. not set all claases be same.. so dont know why u all asking to be same..

15. Columba

Lol. Well when you get to the level of ranger nerfs, get back to us. Join the club.

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You didn't understand the nerf at all lol...

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i hear archer nerf i like

18. Columba

Lol, false. Archers should prepare for more,

19. Ishi

Thanks for the "in your face" pvp dmg buff PA. Much appreciated.

20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

The KD on full bloom is irrelevant in large scale due to terrain. As Ishi noticed it was a dmg buff for the melee face roll archers. The KD on full bloom is also not needed in 1vs1. Only 1vsX but archer was never a good 1vsX class.
    So no, you didn't understand the nerf at all rofl. They just buffed facerolling.

Tvvin likes this.