1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Kauni, May 8, 2019.

1. easay9

No not 2 more archers you have more cc you can shoot off if you say you don't your clueless about your own class

Im honestly just done with you at this point your extremely naive and cocky and act like you know everything about your class but yet you sit here and say your class cannot spam cc...........

Im moving on your clueless

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

So you dodge, again? I am shocked! That was absolutely surprising!
    Meet me when you man up and ready to back up your claims.

3. easay9

Learn your class

4. Blitzball

You guys need to chill out , lol :D

You can have different opinions , it's fine. I think some people are too frustrated to be CCed from range. Archer has only 2 viable ranged knockdown : Winged Strike ( also the poke skill , so you can not really control the CC ) and Light's Trail ( 8sec CD , moderate damage ).

The others 2 KD are irrelevant. Glissade only on the last hit ( this skill is only used to regain stamina while being under frontal guard ). Last KD is on the i-frame ( wasting your only i-frame to hope landing a KD , omegalul :D )

5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Don't quote me if you don't have the balls to back up your words.

6. Tristesse

You wanna know why your getting cc'd?
    Its not because the archer is OP, but because you aint keeping ur SA,FG Block up.

What do you want? That you can close the gap without any problems or downsides against a RANGED class?

Learn how to play, how dafuk you think we play against our own, wiz, witch,sorcs, dk? By keeping SA,FG,Block up.

I have done so many duels, good players wont let themselfs be caught that easy. Archers are damn hard to play against good players, our movement has to be flauwless, we are so extreemly squichy, our kit is very limited, we are slow...

I said this before and will say it again, 90% (or more) is **** in pvp. They play this game like its wow and complain about a class being OP, but pvp in bdo is the hardest pvp there is.

And yes we have damage, but if thats the only reason to call us OP, without actually looking at the whole kit, then we all might aswell ignore you opinion. Alot off other classes have insane damage, better movement,...while being tanky AF.

Did you know that 40% of the highest players (top 100) are mystics? Musa,ninja, strikers, just a few with waaaay better kits then us AND insane damage.

If i wasnt lvl 62 with 2k skill points, and making a alt wasnt so time consuming, aswell as gearing up, i would reroll instantly. **** the "OP" dmg, there are better picks then this class...by far!

#186 Tristesse, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

He is not really complaining that he is getting CCd by archer a lot. He more claims that he can do that on an archer easily because the class can just spam so many KDs, apparently. He is just not able to back his claims up in a duel :-)
    Imagine dodging a duel in a PvP game...

8. Tristesse

Yes, if your standing there like a sack of potatoes then yes you will get cc'd alot.

9. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 63 EU

If anything the reason I hate archer is the fact that with 261+ap they are able to remove my frontal guard in one shot, or they kill me trough superarmor before I close the gap so keeping SA and FG is actually the one thing that doesn't work against them (this is with 333 dp full dr so my block shoud be able to handle something)

10. Tristesse

This is such a endless discussion, try the class out and see how "easy" it is outside of those occasion one shot kills, while being chased by a melee on steroids. Then come back to me ...

ps. in the last bdo (official) tournament, there was ONE archer,... one!
    So if it so "OP" you would expect more then that, trust me, its not.

11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I doubt tho that it's just one shot at ~333 DP but we could test it in game if you like.
    But that's a thing that is kinda hard to balance I'd say. Valks for example can just walk into archer with this amount of DP and there is not much an archer can do.
    At some point if if you reach an archer, he is kinda dead. On the other hand if he could not wreck blocks, what should he do against all the classes who just s-block? Add environment on top where you just hide and recover the block fully and gg archer :^) I still have a clip somewhere where an striker hides in the starting room in arena of arsha the entire fights. That is not even against the rules and even tho I won that matches I guess we both agree that's more than a hard counter :-P

12. Unranked

Gotta say, the battle arena is perfect ground for archers, most my duel there with equal gear dont end well for me. however in the open world its different where u can use tree's, rocks and other objects as cover to get closer, its a lot easier to fight.

on the argument of the valk, the valk block is stronger yes but they will never catch and archer hiding in block. as soon as they leave block they are even more vulnarable to damage as a striker so I dont really see that one working.

so let me discribe the options for a striker in a match agains archer in the battle arena. normally you want to buff first but thats a no go because the buff is so short you want to do it after the 'r' but its unprotected so you will get an arrow up your ass. then you can try to backpaddle of superarmor rotate but for no more then 3 seconds before your block is broken or your health is down to 50% trough superarmor (wizard/dk/sorc at the same ap I can hold of for a full minute if they try breaking my block from range).
    then the engage, If I triple dash right toward archer I will be dead when I reach him. so I gotta zig-zag to evade some arrows. If I do that, I lost my escape so its either kill or be killed. (musas are squishy and do have less superarmor/frontblock but they have no hard time fighting archers since they can keep zigzagging for eternety)

I have mixed feelings about archer thats all

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I agree, it can be hard fighting an archer in battle arena on some classes but I'd not say battle arena fights are representative for balance at all.
    It also makes sense that magic damage classes do less damage to you :-P But strikers and mystics matchups are more favorised for archers, unless it's arena of arsha, then it's quite unpredictable.

I gotta admit I am bit confused about musa being squishy and having less super armor since musa is pretty much always in super armor if he wants to^^ our 316 dp musa is actually super tanky imo but that's only compared to archer I guess, on the other hand musas damage is quite insane and protected on top. I was actually very close to reroll to musa but the class is just... well... musa...^^ Just no satisfaction to kill someone with perma protected skills.

14. Unranked

Ok sorry let me rephrase, musa has infinite superarmor in his dash but his offensive skills are in my opinion actually less protected then strikers (Musa vs striker is in favour of the striker, just gotta superarmor bait and grab them)
    I forgot about the dash being superarmor since they have to come to me to damage me anyways, most my skills are to slow te even try ccing them during their dashes and grab has no issue with superarmor so I dont have to deal with that particular superarmor.

15. Tristesse

I guess musa could complain about strikers,..like strikers could complain about archers,..if you catch my drift? :).