1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Kauni, May 8, 2019.

1. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari AmiciDiMaria Archer 62

Let 'em believe it

2. Blitzball

This is a RBF nerf , that's all :D

3. Malkontent

This archer hate is funny. If you got dunked on by archers before the change you will still 100% percent get dunked on after the change. This was a needed nerf. There is no reason to randomly cc people 50 feet away hiding in a bush.

4. Tvvin

Pearl Abyss needs to make Lights Mark into a passive for pre awakening and awakening

5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well outside of RBF it was barely possible, even in RBF it was easy to avoid using the environment properly.
    They could have give us higher cd on that skill, like 15-20 sec I don't mind. But let's pretend BDO has flat ground everywhere, no trees, no rocks, no hills, no walls etc in node wars/siege and the full bloom is an undodgeable skill... Ok remove it, fine but gives something in trade for 1vs1, we literally have only winged strike where you barely have control over because it's auto-triggering while poking someone and we have to poke becase we don't have a grab, no bypassing fg skills (I don't count buggy desync stuff here) like other classes do, no proper iframe to dodge grabs (yes, even ranger has 2)... Besides winged strike the only kd we have that is somewhat realistic to use, is light's trail which has an amazing low sweep animation for whatever reason and is a part of our damage combo (down attack + down smash).

With that being said, archer will still have a lot of kills in large scale, we just don't bring any utilties anymore and even tho we already been a bad 1vs1/1vsX class, we are even worse now... we need ONE proper cc in return, that's it.

But at least we still can roll zerker and perma KD + down smash everyone with Q buff, because.... because that's fine and absolutely high skill cap :^)

That't could be actually a smart change for full bloom. While not on CD you can scout stealth classes and prevent them from stealthing again (skill 7 sec cd, effect idk 4-5?).
    It's just disgusting that full bloom is actually a range aoe skill that does no damage at all, no cc, no protection and has no useful effect (besides spotting stealth classes, like all skills do) but insane point blank damage... what for? I honestly don't get it...

6. Malkontent

Naw we dont need anything we are in a good spot. Full bloom was obviously broken. We arent weak in any area of the game where terrain doesnt cuck us and we arent half as strong as the plebs crying on the forums would lead you to believe. Ive personally seen more than 1 person with op gear roll to archer and then roll back to their class because it wasnt what everyone thinks it is.

7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Same... I guess vert is still the best example of having very good gear and the worst pvp performance on archer so far :,)

8. Tristesse

The thing is, most archers already lock 65/70% off there skills, now FB is another one to add to the list. I ****ing love Archer, but our kit is really small and we maybe use 10 skills overall. Its getting boring tbh ...

9. Columba

Assume the position

10. Waifu_Hunter

if they nerf archer jokes on them I didn't buy weight increases this time!

defaultnick85 likes this.
  11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Anyone has discord from this guy?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...nerf/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
    This guy never logged in on archer and trys to sound like he knows archer skills lol.... Glissade has stiffness btw if nobody knew. Tactical roll is protected cc btw.... rofl....6 sec cd is too spammable and a melee stiff is a nono....
    Really need to talk to this guy cause I am really curious what 4 protected ccs in pre awk he found that are so op. I'd almost bet he counted zephyr leap twice, in awk and pre awk lul...

Attached Files:

12. Blitzball

He is just a salty Ranger , lol. :D

He should ask for Ranger buffs , not for Archer nerfs zzz

13. Malkontent

I say lose the cc on all of our movement and close the gaps.

14. Malkontent

Oh and make tactical strike iframe more than 0.0001 seconds of iframe

15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Guy is so delusional, ignores the fact that ranger has lingering protection on sa and fg meanwhile archer has the opposite. And of course don't mention a grab and 2 INSANELY good iframes compared to archers.

16. Kripion

People always want to see only the better side of someones position, its much easier to wine this way;p

17. Caythana

Caythana Lahn 62 EU

As I see it, the whole point of his post was to show how the archer design does not follow the rules PA themselves decided upon when they did the PvP rework. Lahn also has quite a few protected CC's despite the class being released (in KR at least) before the pvp changes, which I assume was done for the same reason as witch/wiz.

True that rangers have lingering SA on 2 awakening skills, but these are also the only 2 reliable SA skills ranger has, and require you to stay in the animation. The iframes are no doubt superior to the archer one, but one of them is mostly due to a bug that makes every 2nd use of the skill be an iframe during CD, unless this was an intended change they made a long time ago without any mention of it on the tooltip.

You can find Crit on the ranger discord if you feel like whatever he said is wrong.

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

He claims that glissade has stiffnes and kd while having fg... this guy didn't even read the skills tooltips lol...
    And he definitely never tried archer if he thinks it has that many protections. I am up for duels vs him anytime, he can show me how protected archer is, we can record it and add it to his thread.

Even archers best sa, glide (dash), is totally crap compared to most sa skills in this game. He clearly doesn't know about all the gaps and that some stuff is just simply on paper but not in the game.

I am ready to backup my words that archer is trash 1vs1, now is he ready to backup his?
    (before anyone says it's not about 1vs1, every single archer protection is irrelevant in large scale cause range class... it's only relevant for 1vs1/1vsX scenarios)

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

ah that must be the reason everyone rolls Ranger nowadays. oh wait...

20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I never said that... I am referring to his comparison archer/ranger.