1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer Nerf

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Kauni, May 8, 2019.

1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I'll tell FXP to stop getting all the kills then because he is far away from this "statistics" :^)

2. Jexz

My experience has been with RBF so I have a narrow view of archer.
    I just remember people saying mystic wasn't op when it was released.
    If you only look at RBF you get the same feel.

I am in afk mode. I've tried to keep playing since the demise of shadow arena but I just cant find the joy in the game that I found there.
    RBF is the closest I can get and its full of archers making it not fun for perhaps a select few classes.

I don't think everyone who took that survey just RBF's , perhaps 47%? but I doubt it.

Ranged in general dominates group PvP in just about any MMO.
    Where shadow arena started to get interesting is when players would drop their 1v1 or 1v1v1 and jump on a witch/wiz 2+v1 then go back to fighting. All with out the ability to say a word to each other.

I stayed away from group Shadow Arena because Witch/Wiz was mandatory.

PA should be a Warrior/Valk trait IMO with a toned down version going to striker/mystic with the removal of extra magic DP (mystic already has it i forgot)

#142 Jexz, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  3. Blitzball

FXP is one of the top 10 EU whales playing Mystic , dude. Close to GGnoDMG. Ofc his KD ratio is good.

Like they said , most players are complaining about the class because they go beaten by ubergeared mystic players

4. Malkontent

Except that 41 out of 100 of the very top geared players all choose mystic. There are 17 classes. 41/100. We call this a statistical anomaly. What do you think is driving this statistical anomaly? What class do you play?

5. Malkontent

Untrue. Sure specific range classes are dominant while other ranged classes are utter garbage. I.e. the problem is more nuanced. And even then while specific ranged classes are dominant their are specific melee classes that dominate while other melee classes are utter garbage. The whole ranged is op argument is a nonstarter and falls apart with any scrutiny.

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

GGnoDMG actually tried archer and rerolled away from it because he got pretty much one shotted (literally full pen btw). The K/D ratio is also kinda big between this two guys. Like I could outkill gg but not fxp. I also doubt fxp has more gear than gg and if he does, than it's not really worth to be mentioned.

7. Jexz

Please scrutinize and elaborate or link me to a good argument would be fine

#147 Jexz, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  8. Hekki

I already said this in different topic so in short:
    - She was the only female tank in game. This abilities was removed but some players from past times adapted + players after switch her role.
    - Mistic gameply is quite unique, much smoother and intuitive than other classes.
    - She have absolutly best customisation options. For every other characters I found issues with try create pretty female characters.

9. Malkontent

I did elaborate. Read.

10. Blitzball

What was GG KD ratio when he was playing Archer ? I'm sure he got more kills overall than his Mystic

11. Malkontent

She isnt the only female tank class in the game. All classes are unique. And your subjective opinion on aesthetics are just that, your subjective opinion. Rationalize more tho.

12. Hekki

She was the only female tank. Right now this game do not have even single female tank class. No, mistic is unique in terms of gameplay. That is not opinion about aesthetics but about technical aspect of creator. For example when I was try create ranger, her body proportion changed after I left character creation. Why? I have no idea but it was not character I was created. When I was try to make maehwa after I left creator my charcter looked like doll. With my vlakyrie I always had problem with create pretty face that fit blonde hair and blue eyes. My witch could be perfect if no limitation of breast size etc. All the time something is wrong and creator does not allow or character in creator looks differant than in game. Only with mistic I did not had this kind of issues.

13. Jexz

I realize these are opinions The state of NW/Siege in NA suggests that my generalization is correct to BDO.

"Untrue. Sure specific range classes are dominant while other ranged classes are utter garbage. I.e. the problem is more nuanced. And even then while specific ranged classes are dominant their are specific melee classes that dominate while other melee classes are utter garbage. The whole ranged is op argument is a nonstarter and falls apart with any scrutiny."

If that was your rebuttal. I was hoping for something more substantial to sway my opinion.
    Maybe you did write something else further in the thread that i should be reading?

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Idk tbh cause he was in Rend on his archer and not Enemy anymore. But I am sure it was less :^)

15. Malkontent

This holds true across all mmos. you can do your own research.

Jexz likes this.
  16. KrolleX

The biggest problem with the archer is that he can stun too easy and that he dodge every attack you have. When you miss an attack on archer you dead m8.

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

No he can't. Besides the fact that archer has not a single stun, you also can't dodge every attack. Most of the time why archer wins a duel is because of the opponent not knowing the matchup. Ty for proving that :-)

18. Hekki

I'm sorry but I do not want to say here what you are proven in initial post by comparing CC capabilities of melee and range class...

19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well, look it's easy... I made several trial classes and learned 1 combo per class. That was enough to kill most main archers. My worst matchup was vs one of the best archers EU who has very exceptional movement and very good class (talking about all classes here) knowledge. It was around 60:40 for him. What does that tell us? Someone who can't play a class, fighting one of the best archers with more gear and pulls such a result. How can someone say that archer is strong 1vs1 in that case? Not even mentioning that other archers just got stomped by random trial chars with no to low class experience.

20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU