1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer = new trash tier class in 1v1 and in general

Discussion in 'Archer' started by CADMUS, Jan 16, 2019.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

why exactly?

most of already existing ignore passives should be removed.

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

For large scale it is not really needed, a lot of cc is happening already. For 1on1 it would be very important since it is already very hard to land a knockdown vs everyone who does not fail his protected movement. But if someone is sprinting at you and you can't punish it with a kd because the opponent stacked kd resistance (since it's the easiest resistance to stack) then ye... usually the archer will just get facerolled. On top of that quite a lot of classes have resistance in their awk buff which allows them to faceroll down the archer (valk, warrior, mystic, musa etc).

3. WhySoSeeryus

i could make a same case for wizard who uses mostly kd/bound ccs. how would you feel about that suggestion? :)

4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Since I was wiz main before archer, I know what you mean. Can't ignore the fact tho that wizard has pa, heals, grab, pet (ez stiffness on engages), teleport etc :-P
    So no, wizard does not realy on kb/bound like archer does.

Kyraios likes this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

so im just imagining my 1v1 combo being kd reliant as fck with rabam/fbexplosion/watersphere in it? :D

(lets also list cataclysm and meteor just for giggles)

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Kinda. The difference is that you still have grab and the most important: pet stiffnes. Which allows you still to do a lot of damage even without a kd. This is not the case for archer tho.

7. WhySoSeeryus

you are aware that this thing can be even pve dodged (as in, the thing kinda everyone has in unlimited no cooldown form)? damage from pet flows also.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Hm idk, nobody ever dodged my pet stiffness. You can also see it in horseyys videos, it works just fine.

9. Blitzball

All serious PVPers lock this **** evasion skill. zzz

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Wizards don't :-P

11. WhySoSeeryus

so, people lock it themselves and then cant use it to dodge something that its perfect for dodging... i cant help those :D

12. Lykaii

Kill stealing doesn't exist in any kind of group based pvp.. i realy don't get where people get that stuff from, it's teamplay ffs... So it is (as stated already) kill securing. If it would be kill stealing, then every class in BDO's endgame is a kill stealer.

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

It's not a secure if you spam winged strike which does (just an example) like 50 hp dmg. Kill stealing means that it's irrelevant if there person is there or not for the kill.
    Let's say high ap zerker (who can one shot with ancient wave) ccd 5 people with his cannon (perfectly for ancient wave one shot), 3 of them are 50% hp and 2 are 5% hp (the reason why, doesn't matter here). He goes in with his ancient wave and will obviously kill them all. Now if a low ap archer jumps in and spams his winged strike from range he will prolly finish the 2 guys with 5% hp. He did not make the kills and he didn't secure anything, it was just a kill steal since the zerker would have finished them off anyway.

But now archer has had some nice changes and is a decent dmg class at high ap.

Blitzball likes this.
  14. Notsuper

I wondered for a moment what that last part had to do with the scenario you set up. :D

15. WhySoSeeryus

the amount of times people are left on lowish hp after my wiz does 2 high damage skills is very high. due to very slow nature of my attacks, plenty of enemies have a high chance of getting to safety. teammate that seals the deal gives my side advantage. they get the kill point, but my team has higher chance of winning due to it. if i have to chose between enemy not dying to me and dying to my team i chose the scenario where he dies.

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Just jump in with second wiz/witch or join zerkers engage, problem solved :-P

17. Lykaii

Still i don't see how people consider it kill stealing, i could say the same about zerkers that spam their shooting skill to secure kills.. archer can contribute just a much as any other class & jump in to make a kill all alone realy, even without high ap.
    Some classes are just more gear dependant then others wich is totaly fine but i don't think archer dmg is bad or anything, i have 241 ap atm on my archer and if my combo's do what they are supposed to do i can kill high geared players with just 2 or 3 skills,
    i respect your opinion so no offense, but my expierence & opinion is just completely different then yours i guess :p

Kauni likes this.
  18. Malkontent

I just did my first nw yesterday in the 261ap bracket and it's a whole different animal. You're gonna like it.

Lykaii likes this.
  19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

And at 269 people start crying :^)

Attached Files:

• rbf.jpg
      rbf.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    Lykaii and Malkontent like this.
  20. Malkontent