1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archer vs evasion classes

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Kripion, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Kripion

So recently i was dueling vs end game geared evasion ninjas (256/380 eva and 301/350+ hybrid build stats) and with my 350 acc its almost hilarious.

I can hit like 1/ 10 skills its near imposible to win. At the same time classes with similar acc and ap (301 currently) that have summons in their skill have equal chances to win.

Any advice. How much acc should i have?

2. PancakeRift

Evasion and accuracy are in different universes if you compare their scaling. You'll never have enough accuracy. Its just fact.

Blitzball likes this.
  3. Mattys

Get atleast 400 accuracy, you barely got enough accuracy to beat tet armour with c4. It sounds like you are fightning against 650gs opponents as a 550gs urself (I can assume you are low gs, if you are only 350 accuracy in almost 2020), which is obvious that you do 0 dmg and they 1 shot you. Its the GS difference.

4. Kripion

600 gs ATM, (295/301/302) and its not a oneshot even vs 300+ ap (not counting rage skills)

its just you cant kite forever, if i cc eva char i cant kill him and if he cc me he can onecombo me cus archer is so damn squishy.

Oh and i could take 1/3 hp with one skill from that ninja BUT the problem is to not miss...

I just wonder if thre is anything to do except getting 2x pen red corals...

5. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Did you buy your account? Of course summons can cuck the evasion ninja, they're 100% accuracy.
    And how do you only have 350 acc with 295/301 ap?? You should be 395+. But even then a 380dp evasion ninja would still be super aids.
    If you're 295/301ap, just swap to an acc offhand its like 96-100 acc alone. Rework your gems, make sure you have bhegs, basic ****. Should be able to get 80acc from gems alone

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

If you only take the sheet stats and dont include the crystals etc, then you will only have about 350, unless you have RCE or accuracy offhand.

upload_2019-12-18_16-41-2.png

Also why does archer need to be able to onecombo someone? In fact archer should be unable to onecombo anyone alone. Ranged knockdowns are disgustingly overpowered. Ranged damage usually gets handled by far less damage output than melee damage. Yet every archer who cc's me from 100 meter away has enough time to run towards me and still onecombo me. Thanks ranged knockdowns and far too high damage output for a class that can attack without even being in the range of a potential attacker.

Distaken, Stealthe and Chaos Ronin like this.
  7. Kripion

https://bdoplanner.com/CanapeSixtoBank

ingame stats show 339 acc, bdo planner counts as 360 precisely (there is 8 acc more i can get from harsah gems)

And im playing on this acc from the beginning of eu server....

#7 Kripion, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  8. Kripion

Um did you even read the 1rst post? Its not about onecomboing ppl its about close to 0 chance of winning vs full eva classes... while they can onecombo you.

Edit: Dont get me wrong im ok with full evasion build that hard conters ap monkey one. BUT such scheme shall make winning harder not near imposible. Oh and at the same time monkey ap classes with summons have no problems with evasion ones...

#8 Kripion, Dec 18, 2019
  9. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

You are a ranged class and meant to be squishy because you can kill people at a long range. Ninja is an assassin and meant to fight up close. It's just a bad matchup thats all. :)

10. Blitzball

Honestly , i don’t think it’s a class issue. Evasion is ridiculously overpowered compared to DR.

Some classes scales extremely well with Evasion , because they have evasion buff. The biggest one is Smokescreen buff ( +18% ) for Ninja & Kuno.

Some people are saying summon classes can counter evasion build. I want to see a 290AP+ Witchard being able to one combo a full PEN evasion Ninja. I don’t think he can , tbh. :|

The well-known « best » counter to evasion build is Maehwa with Sticky Snowflake BSR spam combo. ( 100% accuracy skill )

But, some clips about successions are spawning here and there , showing they can melt evasion memers. :D

11. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

https://bdoplanner.com/FootPhalaenopsisVixen

If you really need the crit, just use shock elixirs or draughts, may end up 'shorted' that 1 crit, but 1 crit vs 40+ acc.. 40 acc is more worth it. At that high of AP, the accuracy will help more especially when you can get the crit from another source.

Again probably still get cucked by a 380 dp evasion ninja, but if you had a pen acc offhand with 1 caphras, thats an extra 100. So you can reach 530 acc.
    Plus 5% from being in a guild that has the skill points in acc, 2% and hp from skill tree, % on skills, foods, elixirs and alch stone. Thats well over 140+ acc in which i think you should be able to chunk down an evasion meme, probably not 1 shot, but still probably be able to actually kill em.

Could also work on DP, so when you run into meme like that, they can't kill you since they'll have such low ap/acc.

#11 Muhaha, Dec 18, 2019
    Kripion likes this.
  12. Averdun

On knockdown, they need to make it where every defensive stat you have is nullified. Special evasion and evasion still works, even when a person is knocked on their ass.

I don't think, again the developers accounted for people stacking elixirs, evasion buffs (Hunting, food, etc) on top of innate skills. PvP is just a straight-up joke in BDO, currently and a waste of time.

Fateneko likes this.
  13. Kripion

well ill try that vipers (totally forgot about them since i was focusing on pve...)
    and im working since a while on pen armors ... so far only fails;p
    thx for advice

Muhaha likes this.
  14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

so when you get CCd for 4 seconds you should also have 0 defensive stats vs their effective 500AP >_> ok then

15. Flesh007

Who has grab are ashamed to complain about the problem with archers

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Because DD class with no significant utilities while being insanely squishy.

Which we can't most of the time outside of 1vs1 due to terrain and long animations.

So are KD resis. Could we also talk about protected one shot skills like kuno spin at this point? :^)

Great design isn't it? An archer has to run from max distance to "one combo" someone in melee.

Blitzball likes this.
  17. Tiresias

Tiresias Witch 59 NA

PVP in BDO is a joke BECAUSE it revolves around CC into 1-shot. There's no back-and-forth, there's very little strategy beyond trying to bait out a grab (if you are a class with iframes, of course), and a great many skills are utterly worthless because they take planning or setup to use.

We need LESS of that. Everyone is a glass cannon because of how weak defense has been in the past. We should be encouraging defensive builds that are designed for staying power to allow people choices.

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

That's when you are low geared.
    I guess the intention of devs was to motivate people this way to work for gear. Was obviously not the right choice, since people decided to not do it and whine instead :-/

Also your post seems weird especially when a guy says he struggles a lot to kill someone because the person is TOO TANKY while having 300+ AP himself...

19. Tiresias

Tiresias Witch 59 NA

Huh? It only BEGINS to balance out (barely) at the extreme levels of upper-end gear.

You know, the levels that most people won't reach. The VAST majority of the player base hovers around softcap, because of how expensive it is to progress and because there is so much more to do in this game than just upgrade your combat gear.

It shouldn't be this way. Making damage and defense scale properly is just a math problem with dials that are relatively easy to turn. Other games get this right, even if some classes are still obviously better in PvP than others. I haven't played another MMO that is a complete carnival of 1-shotting in a long time.

By the way, PvP has the best balance before boss gear. The fights I used to have on my Witch and my Lahn around Helm's, Gahaz, and other "Level 56-ish" areas were some of the best PvP combat I've had in BDO and some of the best in any MMO, of which I have played MANY (I'm old).

20. Rügenwalder Pommersche

- i rarely kill of a single cc (if they are not low gear) so u need to atleast do a proper combo (which obv req stragety and planning since while fighting some skills may be on cooldown, u have to keep the cc counter in mind, some skill u want to use are unprotected and u may get cc´d (in largescale or a pet if its a wiz/witch/tamer) etc
    - defense isnt weak but ppl think having tet armors is good
    - there is the choice to go dp meme build and u will be tanky (but yet again not with tet armors and tri dp acc)

people usually focus a lot more on ap than on dp
    why is it absurd that someone with 269 ap (~20b) can oneshot someone with 297 dp (~10b) ?